Old 04-15-2010, 08:11 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 264/264/199

Height: 5'10"

Default Week Twelve Down!

Well, I've managed to stick to Atkins for 12 weeks now. My results are amazing...lost 42lbs and went down 4 belt notches! I'm only 3lbs away from my goal...looks like I predected this one fairly accurate. My goal set in January was to lose 45lbs by May 1st...I'm sure I'll get my last 3 by then.

Overall it's been easy...probably a handful of "rough" moments and only two cheats (not including alcohol). My only real concern is my bloodwork posted a week ago...next week I'll re-confirm the numbers and get tested again in June. Those results almost turned me away from Atkins...I was so close to switching to following the Canada Food Guide.

Hopefully I'll have reached my goal in 2 weeks. If so, I'll probably set another mini-goal of 10lbs to work on over 6 months. I'm at the lowest right now that I've been in 10 years...another 10lbs would be the ideal tweak. I will spread that one out over 6 months because I have increased my exercise with the addition of strength training, which should add to my body mass.

Thanks again everyone for putting up with me and helping to keep me pointed in the right direction!
SaskNewfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 09:45 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/151/130

Height: 5'4

Congrats on twelve weeks! That's amazing, as is your loss.
I remember you from a long time ago on the LAWL board. I did that plan on and off for a few years, always managing to lose a few lbs and then getting bored and gaining it back. I tried Atkins years ago (successfully) so I'm back to low carb since last week. Down another 4lbs since then! That includes a few (ok, maybe more than a few...) low carb beers over the weekend. I know that I should stay away from that for the best results, but my weekends are the time to get out in the sun and enjoy time with friends. Especially at this time of the year. So I stay perfect on the diet during the week, and allow myself some fun over the weekends.

I'm anxious to see your results from follow-up bloodwork. Keep us posted and keep up the good work!
AJinTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 11:55 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 245/230/125

Talking Wow! That is so encouraging to me!

You are truly an inspiration to me, having lost so much in only 12 weeks. I have been on Atkins induction for 11 days now and already lost 15 pounds! I hope to do as good as you have in 12 weeks myself! Congratulations!!
luvinthenewme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 11:57 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 260/260/140

Height: 5'0"

Congrats! That gives me hope of sticking to it! LOL.

But for real, congratulations!
MidgieMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 01:12 PM   #5  

AJ, yeah I tried LAWL but put back on what I lost...I fell off hard and binged. I tried atkins a couple other times...once here...but wasn't ready for the committment. My wife started WW, so timing was right this time.

Thanks for the congrats! Word of caution, don't be disappointed if your results aren't near mine. Being a man gives a biological edge for weightloss...lol...looks like I'm probably the only one in here happy over that!
Old 04-15-2010, 06:43 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 204/204/145

Height: 5'7"

Thanks for the congrats! Word of caution, don't be disappointed if your results aren't near mine. Being a man gives a biological edge for weightloss...lol...looks like I'm probably the only one in here happy over that![/QUOTE]

You probably right -LOL! Hey- congrats!!!! That must be tough for you guys - one eating low fat and the other eating high fat!

Keep up the good work!

luvinthenewme - way to go for you too! It took me 4 weeks to lose 12 lbs!! Cool!
fatBgone07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 07:17 PM   #7  

Overall it's easier on me than her...I do miss my apples and bananas and some other foods she eats. But then she curses me as I eat a nice steak or a pound of baked wings.