PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2002, 10:29 PM   #1  
WW Moderator

Default Acne/blemishes

What is the best way you have found to keep your skin clear? I did a round of doxycycline (antibiotics) followed by 6 months of antibiotic cream and a retinal cream. My face has been clear for a long time, but I am afraid it is slowly starting to come back like it did once before. I only have 1 real break out, but I think the skin is getting irritated in places, also. I still use the Avita cream, but think I will have to add something again in the future. I would prefer to not take the antibiotics again, but I will if necessary.
Old 09-10-2002, 06:29 AM   #2  
PCOS Educator (non prof)

I use nutrogena bar. Use it 2 times a day. I also use ZapZyt once a week. If I have acne,usually when its muggy, I use zapzyt 2 times a day until cleared up. This treatment plan for me keeps them at bay.
Old 09-10-2002, 07:13 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

Height: 5'9"

I started using Proactive Solution, and it didn't do a thing for me. Then, after 6 months with no change, my friend turned me on to Murad. It's working like a charm. It's less drying than Proactive and it has moisturizer in the kit, so I think that helps a lot. This has been the only thing to help me, ever since a teen, even going to the dermatologist for chemical peels and Retin-A.
Old 09-10-2002, 08:34 AM   #4  
WW Moderator

Oooh, thanks! I haven't heard of the zapzyt or the Murad either one. I think I better switch over to Phisoderm for now until I try one of these other things.

I heard mixed stuff about the Proactive. Seems to work beautifully for some and not at all for others.
Old 09-10-2002, 08:37 AM   #5  

My skin is actually quite sensitive and I found a line that really works for me. I order from Yves Rocher, all their stuff is made from herbs and I found their Pure Skin line to be wonderful. I use the foaming facial scrub daily and leaves a wonderful tingle on my skin.
Old 09-10-2002, 09:02 AM   #6  
WW Moderator

Is Yves Rocher on QVC?
Old 09-10-2002, 09:25 AM   #7  

Default Yves Rocher...

I looked on QVC and didn't see anything for...I thought that's the brand that's advertised in the back of women's mag's...you knowl like Women's Day and Family Circle...here, I found their website...
www.yvesrocherusa.com. I have personally used the prescription Differin for years now and it helps. However, in the last couple of weeks, my face (especially as you PCOS's all know, the chin area) has gone on strike. I've got Differin in the am and pm, some otc acne gel and toner, just to try to clear this bout up. I'm going to call the dermatologist next week if this doesn't clear up. I take a lot of vitamins and herbs (I'm a type II diabetic on 2000mg glucophage daily) and was reading that too much zinc can cause acne. I looked and was taking zinc in the daily vitamin plus there was extra in the magnesium supplements I take (diabetics are know to be low in magnesium, but the daily vitamin I take doesn't have 100% RDA in it, so I take a supplement. I could take a higher dose in another daily vitamin, but then I would have too much Niacin, which helps cholesterol levels, but can cause blood sugar spikes!) You keeping up with that?
Old 09-10-2002, 10:35 AM   #8  

Avon has a really good spot treatment called something "Spot" I can't remmebr the name, nor could I find it online, but I got a little makeover in JC Penneys AVON counter and tried it there. It worked great.
Old 09-10-2002, 01:50 PM   #9  
PCOS Educator (non prof)

I think a lot of the "fad" ones done always work because they arent treating the source and just the actual skin. If you can treat the source, then you will have it made.
Closed Thread