Old 04-07-2010, 12:51 PM   #1  

Height: 5'7"

Default mad

Ok, I`m pissed and mad at myself.Tired of looking this way.PLUS, my sister just lost 20 lbs. from just not drinking cokes.New job and no drinking any thing but water.Shes finally kicked a 10 year habit of cokes. Proud of her, but all I drink is diet cokes! Atkins worked for me years back and lost 20 lbs in 3 months.So I`m back with a "pissed at me atitude.
I weight this morning 181.5. Here it starts! I work 2nd shift so my eating is a little wacky. not doing the introduction. Will that really make a difference?
I`m on my feet,drilling ,reaming. (I build airplanes).So I need the energy from food to last 8 hrs.Or so i think.Any thoughts?Plus a school reunion coming up.Summer vaca on the coast. I`m 57 so I`m realistic, no 20 year old body is going to happen. Besides ,I love my age,love where Im at right now.Just hate the fat.
Yesterday at 12:00p.m
Breakfast - 2 eggs with tomatoe (1 tsp) and onion(tsp) 2 cups of coffee w/ slenda
No lunch - just not hungry ( I know, i know should have ate something.like I said I`m mad)
8:00pm
Dinner - steak (left over from Easter about 8 strips about 3 ins. long)
green beans and salad w/ ranch dressing
diet coke
Drove straight home (hour and a half drive) , no taco brenno, no whataburger......

Last edited by jansusan; 04-07-2010 at 01:27 PM.
jansusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 02:23 PM   #2  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Diet coke is just as bad as regular coke- I think studies show it inhibits weight loss- even though it's "0 calories."
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 03:13 PM   #3  
Re-newbie

S/C/G: 161/139/128

Height: 5'4"

There's no rule that says you have to begin with Induction, but it inspires a lot of people to shed a lot of weight at kickoff -- and Induction serves a very important purpose in converting the body from burning glucose for fuel to burning body fat for fuel. Can you get there without Induction? Yes, eventually.

Induction really is the best way to get the foundational premise of Atkins down, so that you can be more "free" later on, after your weight is under control.

That said, good luck in your weight loss! You really sound determined, and that is so important! You're ready for this, and you're mad, and some of that mad is even rubbing off on me. Grrrrrrrr!!!!!!
firefly68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 08:51 PM   #4  

Height: 5'7"

Ok, did really good Wed.,1:00 pm BF- 2 eggs w/ 2 slices bacon, 8:00pm-Dinner- 2 wraps from Micky d`s. Took the chicken and (not even a tsp of cheese)lettuce off the wrap, and ate it. Didnt get hungry till I got home at 1:30 that morning. But went sraight to bed.
Had to take brother to docs at 10:00.Didnt eat till after,went to sonic with him, and had the grilled chicken wrap. But.....but ...ate only half with the wrap. Felt bad with hardly no sleep. (didnt fall asleep till 4). So, I called in to work,came home and fell into bed.Just work up. So I`m going to eat some eggs w/ tomato and onions, maybe bacon.
Decided I`m going thur w/ the introduction Monday. Still, going to do Atkins thur the rest of this week. Dont think it will be so bad Monday.Need to go to the store and start on foods I need. Lost one lb. this morning...
jansusan is offline   Reply With Quote