One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Default Wednesday's Thread

Starting today's thread...
Old 09-04-2002, 08:10 AM   #2  
One Sick Puppy

Default Holy Cow...

Holy Cow ! I was here at 5:00 this morning to help a couple of other girls with a project. And I get to do it again tomorrow. Oh well, that means I'll only have to work 3 hours on Friday, which is good because me and a friend are going to Kansas City that night. That just means more shopping time!

So, Deb, did you get your crockpot yesterday? A removable inside is really great. That's what mine has and I'm glad it does.

I didn't come back and post yesterday because I left early, whoohoo! I had to take the car that BF was looking at into the mechanic and then I decided to take some time to distribute flyers for Race for the Cure to local businesses.

So, that's what's going on here. I'll come back later, but I really need to focus on work for awhile. My boss just has some totally irrational ideas about what sort of production level I should be at. Rather than tell her anything different, I'll just get done what I can...

Old 09-04-2002, 08:57 AM   #3  

Jess-
You beat me in by 30 minutes! I was up before dawn as well. I am hoping to get out of here by 2:00 this afternoon though. I understand the productivity issue. It seems like the harder and longer I work the more he gives me to do!!! It is a never ending battle.

To all-

Just a quick introduction for everyone. My name is Marcie and I am 27, soon to be 28. I am a biochemist and I am also working on my Masters degree at Washington University here in St. Louis

I did LA Weight Loss for about a year and loss 50 lbs, but it really stopped working for me. I decided to give WW a shot. I can not believe how much more food I get on this plan! I am halfway through my first week on WW and so far I really like it! I hope it is working....as I have not stepped on the scale all week. I am going to try and stick to the weekly weigh-ins at the center (on Saturday mornings).

Better get back to work! Have a great day all!
Old 09-04-2002, 09:59 AM   #4  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Default Hi Early Risers!!!

I got to sleep in until 8:00 this morning, and I can't believe it. Of course, I did the 5:00 bottle, but still, 8:00 is pretty unheard of in this house. So I wasn't up with the early birds this morning.

Jess, you little workaholic. Where are you going to shop in KC? I used to go to Bannister Mall alot until the neighborhood got terrible. Then we went to Independence Center, but that was no where near as good. Just safer. Are you going to buy more clothes? That's such fun shopping!

Marcie, welcome. I, who have lived everywhere, have also lived in St. Louis. In Clayton, right by Wash U, as a matter of fact, blocks away. Biochemistry is so fascinating...I hope your Master's program is going well. I am an Early Childhood and Elementary teacher who is now a stay at home mom. I also give voice lessons. We're glad to have you here!

Not much going on here. I blew my points last night when Hubby came home from class and we had some chardonnay to relax. It was so worth it though....so great to relax with him and good wine, and it made me sleep so soundly. I gotta get the stupid wine out of the house (Hubby's stepmom left it here) because I'm going to want to drink it every night. I have no idea of the points, even.

Not too much else going on here. Take care, everyone.
Old 09-04-2002, 10:17 AM   #5  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Hey all, just a quicky. Bad things at work and I have a meeting in a couple minutes to try to figure out what is next. Ughhh. I picked my parents up at the airport last night. I got there and their luggage was on the belt, but no parents. Their luggage came on the flight prior, so I did get them! Got home late and am tired.

Hi Marcie, Welcome!!!!

Oh yah and definately get the crock with the removable crock. Makes cleanup much easier. My mom has the other kind and it is a pain to clean!!!

More later!
Old 09-04-2002, 11:10 AM   #6  

I think the points for wine are in the week 1 point book. I can look it up for you when I get home if you like! I think it was 2 or 3 for a glass, but can not remember. I LOVE wine!
Old 09-04-2002, 12:39 PM   #7  
One Sick Puppy

Jayne--Yep, I believe that wine is 2 points for a regular glass. Now, if you put half the bottle in a great big beer mug, I think the points change. The trip to KC is for a little shopping, but also to go to Worlds of Fun. We were originally planning a cruise, but decided that (financially) a couple of mini-vacations would work better. We're doing this one now and going to Mall of America for Christmas shopping in November.

Marcy--Welcome, it's nice to meet you! I think you'll find that WW will work for you. I personally love the plan, for so many reasons--I can eat whatever I want so it's not hard to make this a lifestyle change, if you mess up one day (or one week, as sometimes happens) it's not that big of a deal. Plus, it's the reason I met all of the wonderful people on here!

Jen--Sorry to hear that work isn't going so well for you. I'm spending a little time busting a** so my boss will get off my back, then I'm going back to saner levels of exertion.

Awfully quiet today, where the heck is everyone?
Old 09-04-2002, 12:46 PM   #8  

Jess-
Have you ever been on a cruise? I have been on two and they are wonderful!!! I am hoping to go on a cruise through Hawaii next year. I can not wait! We just need to figure out what to do with our dog.
Old 09-04-2002, 12:58 PM   #9  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Jess, I worked at Worlds of Fun on our high school fund raisers several times. I always worked in the stupid funnel cake stand, and if you ask me, that's the closest to **** on earth as it gets. I smelled like grease for weeks, it just doesn't wash out of your hair or clothes. Wave to the Orient Express for me -- I love that roller coaster. And I have to say...you know me a bit to well. It wasn't exactly a beer mug, tho...it was a giant red wine glass filled up to the top. Lazy us, we didn't want to be running back and forth to the fridge when we could be snuggling on the couch. You will have so much fun at the MOA. I was just there Friday, we had a blast. Don't eat at Planet Hollywood, though...we were very disappointed. Overpriced, yet tasteless.

Jen, sounds like you need a nice long nap. How far away is your vacation again? I think it's coming up not a moment too soon for you!

Marcie, I am also a wine lover. My favorite all-time that I order everywhere is the Fetzer merlot, but my current addiction, thanks to mom-in-law is the Kendall Jackson Chardonnay. What are your favorite kinds?
Old 09-04-2002, 02:07 PM   #10  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Hi Ladies!!! Just a quick note to let you know that I was just offered the preschool teaching position. I calculated the pay they offered me, and even though it's 8 hours a week less than the other position would have been, with the difference in pay I will end up making more money. Rock on!!! So since nothing vaguely businesslike is fitting me these days, I am off to the mall to shop-o-rama.
Old 09-04-2002, 02:30 PM   #11  
Cockeyed Optimist

No time to reply to all 'cuz of work but Jayne - you rock girl! Congrats on the job. Let us know all about the cute outfits you find.
Old 09-04-2002, 02:37 PM   #12  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

YAHOOOO JAYNE

Oh and I leave Bright and Early Saturday morning. 1/2 on Friday, so actually I am leaving work early and packing! AND, me mom is flying on the same commuter flight as we are. Too cool how that happened!
Old 09-04-2002, 05:04 PM   #13  
Self-Proclaimed WWDiva

CONGRATS Jayne!!!

Busy day for us today ... first day of Kindergarten. I took the day off & we just spent time together putzing around.

Talk to you all tomorrow!

And YES I DID get my crockpot!! It does have a cool touch exterior & removable inside.
Dumb me forgot the recipes I printed @ work though. Der! So when I went food shopping ... I couldn't buy anything for 1 good recipe!

And I didn't go to WW ... the bus was too late & I would have missed my hair appt. I'm going to go check the local schedule now for tomorrow.
Although I have definitely gained, and have PMS - I guess this is a good kick in the butt I need - once again.

Hope everyone had a good day!

Talk tomorrow ~
Old 09-04-2002, 05:22 PM   #14  

Congrats Jayne!! When do you start your new job??

How long has everyone been doing WW?
Old 09-04-2002, 05:25 PM   #15  

Hi guys!

I am here, but just got back to work after having a few days off. I will post properly tomorrow.

Missed you guys!!
Closed Thread