100 lb. Club - Accountability, exercise, menu, chit chat, support - of March 21

Beverlyjoy
03-22-2010, 08:31 AM
Hi...if you are looking for a place to put your plan for the day - food, exercise, life, etc - then this is the place. Please feel free to join in.

Beverlyjoy
03-22-2010, 08:43 AM
Hi chicks! My time away with food choices was mostly good...I am grateful. I gave in to the food Saturday supper. It makes me mad because I was eating healthfully and wisely for several days away from home. But - it can happen....and I am moving forward. Yesterday was much better! I am glad I have a day at home before I leave again for a week.

The party was wonderful. I got to see cousins and family friends that I rarely see. I decided it's important to get together for all the family happy celebrations. We always gather for the funerals...we need to find reasons to gather for the happy times.

For today -
plan and log food
lots of water
stretches and strengthening
no seconds, eat seated, fork down
mindful slow eating
taste the food
remember WHY

breakfast - grits with lite cheese, clementine
lunch - egg white scramble with turkey pepperoni, provelone cheese, green bean salad, toast
snack - fiber bar, applesauce
dinner - HC dinner, steamed carrots
snack - rice cakes with pnb, honey, blueberries

Have a great day!

GirlyGirlSebas
03-22-2010, 09:20 AM
Hi Friends,

Today, I'm back on the calorie counting and daily hour walks on the treadmill. Went to my gynecologist last Thursday. My weight is causing some issues. If I don't lose weight now, I will need surgery within the next 6 months! So, I'm chalking this up to some much needed motivation.

Beverly - I only see my family at funerals, too. It's kind of sad, huh?

Have a great on-plan day.

HokieLoki
03-22-2010, 10:15 AM
good morning ladies...

I am new to this thread... and I am worried. I have my official weigh-in that I count every Thursday, but I weigh myself first thing every morning, just too keep myself on track. I have eaten perfectly on plan since Thursday (I am on Jenny Craig) other than about a teaspoon of my friend's homemade guacamole (on celery, not a chip!) on Saturday afternoon.

But my scale has been gradually going UP since Thursday, not down. (up to two pounds this morning)

I am going to continue to eat right and exercise, that's not even a question, I just needed to vent my frustrations. I am really new to the whole dieting thing, and am not sure what to expect.

brandijune44
03-22-2010, 11:11 AM
Good morning!

I had a pretty good weekend overall. On Friday I received a message from my husband when I got off from work, that his financial aid for school had gone through and he wanted to "celebrate" by going out to Mongolian for dinner. I thought, "well, I better get my workout in before I face temptation." I was on the treadmill and gradually just kept upping and upping the speed until I was JOGGING! What? Me. I. Brandi. Jogging! With people around. I can't even express how it made me feel. I jogged for 6 minutes and went back to brisk walking. In the darkest of times, I never thought I would jog again. I figured if the scale wasn't going to reward me AGAIN this week...I would create it for myself :)

Mongolian was so good! It was perfect for hubby and I. He could load up on whatever he wanted (hot oil, beef, etc) and I could choose lots of veggies, no oil, and shrimp. It was delicious!

beverlyjoy - I'm so glad you're back and that you had a great time with family! I knew you would do so well! Enjoy your day today and best of wishes for your next adventure this week :)

Rhonda - It's wonderful to see your beautiful face! I'm so sorry to hear that you are facing some medical issues. You can beat this. We all can. Let's take one day at a time. Hey, I'm on the cusp of the 250s (well kind of...I weigh in tomorrow at Weight Watchers, so we'll see). Lets push each other through them!

HokieLokie - WELCOME! It's so great to have you here with us! I feel you about the scale being resistant! I have been nearly 100% on plan for the last two weeks and it hasn't budged much at all. It's so hard to stay motivated when the scale is not cooperating. We can do this though. You are so so so close to ONEderland! How exciting is that! The scale WILL go down. We just need to keep making good choices and it will pay off.

soulnik - I'm sorry to hear about how rough your week was. Today is the start of a new week. I hope you are feeling better my friend. :hug:

Have a GREAT day everyone!

Today:
b - apple, cereal, coconut milk - 5
s - yogurt, banana - 5
l - chicken wrap - 7
s - orange - 1
d - Not sure yet...will be on the road for work so probably a salad - 8

Exercise: Rest day

dgramie
03-23-2010, 07:17 AM
I had a great day yesterday. I cooked a turkeybreast to have for lunches which is my biggest challenge.
breakfast- eggs scramble with mushrooms and onion and bellpepper
lunch-turkey maybe on a salad maybe as a sandwich with veggies sticks
dinner- porkchop and veggies

Beverlyjoy
03-23-2010, 08:08 AM
hi chicks....yesterday was a healthy day...I am so grateful.

I woke up this morning with this lower back pain. I swear I am sick of aches and pains. I do need to drive four hours today. I am hoping I can do it. I'll stop every hour to do some stretching.

I'll be away for a week. I will do my exchange food plan, log food, remember why and my other 'tasks'.

I wish everyone a healthy week. Treat yourself with kindness - as you would treat a good friend. I will check in when I can.

Thanks to you all for your support!!!

soulnik
03-23-2010, 12:06 PM
Hi Chicas,

I'm not quite back on track or even quite ready to be, I think. Yesterday I wasn't too bad but not as good as I should be. I didn't plan my meals, just ate sorta what I usually eat. I'm in a mild depression I think. I'm meeting with my psychiatrist today so hopefully that will lead to some improvement. I thought at the very least I should post a hello so I'll keep being accountable to SOMETHING!

@Beverlyjoy - Glad you had a good time away. Sorry you're in pain. Hope you feel better soon.

@GirlyGirlSebas - Talk about your motivation! Do whatever it takes to prevent surgery, chica. We're here to support you!

@HokieLoki - Welcome! Maybe you have too much food on JC? Aside from the food they give you to eat, I found the plan confusing when I was on it. Talk to your adviser about your concerns. Maybe they need to make some tweeks.

@brandijune44 - Dinner sounds yummy! Congrats to your hubby! AND YOU GO GIRL - JOGGING!!!!! YOU ROCK!!!

@dgramie - Way to take control by cooking the turkey.

@

Slashnl
03-23-2010, 12:49 PM
Hi all. Sorry I've been out of touch for awhile. Things really kind of exploded at work lately. It is so frustrating and beyond my control... But, I've been around. I am terribly distracted right now, and having a little trouble staying on plan, but I'm trying to get back under control. Work has been the main problem, but then I have my 15 yo girl who got her driving permit. That's a lot more of a stress than I thought it would be. But, we'll survive!! ha!

Take care everyone!

HokieLoki
03-23-2010, 01:08 PM
thanks, everyone!

I guess I was worried about nothing, because I was all the way back down plus half a pound this morning... I have no idea what happened, but I guess it's all ok... maybe this is why they advise against weighing every day, haha.

brandi- good for you for jogging! I tried that the other day, too. I haven't ran in 5 years! exhilarating, isn't it.

soulnik- I hope that you start to feel better. I went through a depression, also. It's tough, hang in there.

I hope everybody is having a good day today, it's beautiful out right now, I think I am going to take my dog for a nice long walk.

mj5
03-23-2010, 07:23 PM
Hi everyone! I'm still here!! Vacation has been awesome so far....resting relaxing and hanging out w dh. Food and exercise have not been good, but I'm working my way back. I'll catch up w everyone soon...dh is on the computer right now. Have a great night!

mj5
03-24-2010, 07:50 AM
Good Morning!!!! It is SO good to have some time off. Hubby and I have just been spending time together. It is SO nice. I think tomorrow we are going to a local nature center so he can take pics and we can go for some long walks. He has taken some awesome pics lately (I bought him a new camera for Christmas)...birds seem to be his favorite topic. I have put him in charge of taking some great pics so we can make our own holiday cards this year....I can't wait to share his talents w/ everyone!

Beverlyjoy--Sounds like you had a great trip.

Rhonda--Great to have you back! I know you can do this!!!

HokieLoki--Welcome!!! What kind of dog do you have?

brandijune--FANTASTIC!!!! Great job!!!

dgramie--That's a great idea! Hmmm, we have a small turkey in the freezer...maybe I can convince dh to cook it for us (he roasts a MUCH better bird than I do)

soulnik--Hope your appt went well. Thanks for popping in!

Diane--So glad you could pop in. I totally get work "exploding"...that's been happening to me a lot lately and it's not going to get any better until after May (after our state cert)

Food choices have not been good for me. TOM is here, so that doens't help. I am making a grocery list today and will get re-stocked with lots of healthy stuff agian.

As for exercise, we have been doing lots of walking, which is good.

Hope everyone has a great OP day!!!

GirlyGirlSebas
03-24-2010, 09:16 AM
Good morning, Friends!

The sunshine is doing wonderful things for my mood! I'm hoping that spring has sprung for good this time.

Hokie - Welcome! So glad to have you posting with us. And, so glad to hear that the scales became friendly again.
Brandi - Go, Brandi, Go! Isn't jogging wonderful? I hope to get to that point again soon.
DGramie - Wonderful job of planning ahead.
Beverly - Hope you back is feeling better today. Enjoy your week. We'll miss you!
Soulnik - Ah, the evil depression. I know it well. I hope you find relief soon.
Diane - I understand about exploding work. I've just come through a tough audit season. I'm finally seeing light at the end of the tunnel. Hang in there. This too shall pass.
MJ - Glad to hear that you're enjoying your vacation. Does your husband post his pics anywhere or post on any photography sites? I'm an amateur photographer, too. I just received my first DSLR for Christmas. My subject of choice are still life's and close-ups. I actually did our Christmas card this past year. There is one site I post in that he might love. PM me if you think he might be interested.

Well, I made a somewhat controversial decision for myself. For a month or two, I'm going on Slim Fast. I need something very regimented and easy to get me jump started today. I know it's not the healthiest option, but I'm desperate! Cross your fingers for me.

Have a great on-plan day.

brandijune44
03-24-2010, 10:52 AM
Good morning everyone!

Work is crazy busy right now! I went to Weight Watchers yesterday and lost 2.2 pounds which I was really happy about. I felt like that was the end of my weight loss and the scale would never move again.

Thanks for all of your positive words and support regarding jogging. I jogged a mile yesterday (I won't even tell you how slow...haha) and I was very happy with that.

I wish you all the best OP day. Hopefully I'll get to check back in later to do personals. I'm thinking of all of you :)

Today:
b - cereal, coconut milk, apple - 6
s - yogurt, granola, walnuts, banana - 7
l - turkey chili, sandwich thin - 7
s - orange - 1
d - chicken wrap - 8

Exercise: 30 cardio, resistance training :)

Slashnl
03-24-2010, 01:00 PM
Hi everyone. I didn’t make it to the gym today. It was more of just being lazy, but I’m blaming it on my knee being a little sore. Whatever. I need to be more disciplined.

HokieLoki – That’s good that it all worked out for you on the scale!

MJ – Vacation is good, glad you are enjoying it. That’s cool about the photos!

Rhonda – Good luck with the Slimfast. Hey, you gotta do what you gotta do!! If it helps you make a good start, then that’s good.

Brandi – Good for you on jogging. Don’t worry about being slow, you’ll get faster! I’m impressed!

Soulnik – Hope you’re having a good day!

Beverly – Are you feeling better today? I hope so!

HokieLoki
03-24-2010, 06:14 PM
Hey everybody!
Tomorrow is my official weigh in, so it will be an early night in. Some of my friends want to go out to have margaritas to celebrate a girls "newly single" status... but I know better!

GirlyGirl- I have 2 canisters of Slim Fast in my pantry, from when I thought I would try it in January... I drank shakes for one day but never got serious. Do you know if it goes bad?

brandi- good for you with the loss! I will be headed out to the gym myself in a bit to run.

Slash- The gym will be there tomorrow... sometimes it's better to let knee injuries rest

mj5- Loki is an American Pit Bull Terrier, I rescued her about two years ago. I couldn't ask for a better dog. I took this picture of her in my car last August with my phone, she always wonders what's going on when I go to my trunk.
http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs160.snc1/5976_110697972303_733392303_2400588_506770_n.jpg

brandijune44
03-25-2010, 11:01 AM
Good morning friends~

I just wanted to pop in real quick and say "hi" to everyone. I will be on the road again for work today and things are crazy. I am hoping to take tomorrow off so if I do...have a GREAT weekend everyone!

hokielokie - How did the weigh-in go? That is one adorable dog!

slash - I hope you are able to get some rest for that knee and get to feeling better asap! That's no fun!

Rhonda - I think it's great that you are making a plan of action. I did slimfast for awhile and liked it quite a bit. I actually really liked the shakes and loved having something easy for breakfast (lunch was a little more difficult for me). Let us know how it goes...

mj - Your vacation sounds awesome! That is such a great idea for the cards...love it!

dgramie - I feel you about the lunches! That always seems to be the hardest meal for me to figure out...I like the idea of cooking a turkey breast.

soulnik - I hope you are feeling better. I wish I was near you so I could take you out to lunch (a healthy one of course!) and give you a :hug: in person :) Hang in there...you WILL get through this.

beverlyjoy - Hope your trip is going well and that the aches and pains are gone. I'll be thinking of you :D

Today:
b - cereal, coconut milk, apple - 5
s - yogurt, walnuts, granola, banana - 8
l - chili, sandwich thin - 8
s - orange - 1
d - Greek salad - 8

Exercise: 60 minute cardio at gym

brandijune44
03-25-2010, 11:08 AM
Ummm...I just posted but now notice that someone is in ONEderland!!!

:congrat: HOKIELOKIE!!!

HokieLoki
03-25-2010, 12:57 PM
Thanks!!! I sure am, 1.8 pounds down at weigh in this morning! Hooray!

GirlyGirlSebas
03-25-2010, 01:00 PM
Hokie, he is gorgeous! I love APBT's. Here is a picture of one of my dogs. His name is Beau and he is a lab/pit mix. He loves to go for walks. Mama needs to take him more often.
http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v2320/113/95/1265946644/n1265946644_30286741_5.jpg

HokieLoki
03-25-2010, 06:55 PM
awww. Thank you Girlygirl, Beau is beautiful. He looks very similar to my neighbor's dog Max, who is the same mix. I am always wary of telling people what kind of dog Loki is because she (and I) tend to get judged for it... I didn't plan on getting an APBT, but the little puppy needed a home and I had one. She's the best dog I've ever had. (in the pudgy pets forum you can see all the tricks I have taught her)

and now, because this is a weight loss forum, not the dog forum, haha, I am so glad to be in ONEderland... To be honest, I thought I was in the one hundred (and 90's) when I started... my denial about how big I had actually gotten until I stepped on that evil scale... so to actually be here now is happy, but kind of a sigh... 5 weeks down and I am where I THOUGHT I was..

but then I look at the 16 pounds lost on my ticker and think, that wasn't that hard! I can lose 88 more!

ohiofreespirit
03-25-2010, 07:39 PM
my goals for the rest of the month are:

no more pop/coke, only water, milk etc
continue to exercise 4-5 days a week
no food binging
be aware of food portion sizes

Beverlyjoy
03-26-2010, 11:27 AM
Hi folks - my son's computer is in the shop. I am checking in at my dil's mom's house. I wanted to let you know that I have been doing well since being on this leg of the trip. I am grateful. I've been doing the daily healthful tasks...water, stretches, logging food, etc. I can't really plan too much ahead - but, am trying to make good choice. I don't know about tomorrow, of course -- but, so far so good. I am grateful.

I hope you are all doing well. I'll try to check in again - or I'll be back home next week.

rakel
03-27-2010, 09:14 AM
Hey everyone! I guess you could say I have been on a hiatus since the move. I was having a time management crisis, I guess. Not only was I busy with moving, buying things for the house, setting up the house, etc, but I got slammed with a bunch of freelance projects all in a row, and I've been totally slammed at work. So I don't leave work until after 5:15pm most days, get home, work on freelance projects for another 2 hours, make and eat dinner, and then try and fit in a little R & R. Shame on me for not working harder to get my exercise in!! Or tracking any of my food.

So, I'm ready to start back again. I got on the Wii Fit a few days ago and it actually said I was down 1-2 lbs, but I'm afraid that number may have creeped up on me a little bit over the past week. We'll see, as I'm about to get on there after I eat some breakfast. Today I'm also going downtown to walk around and go to the farmers market, so I'll get some exercise there. The downtown area in my new city is about 2 miles long and right next to the lake, and there's a huge park there. It's super nice... we'll have until 3pm before it's supposed to start thunder-storming.

My goal this week is to yes, do the freelance work I need to, but also get in at least 30 minutes of exercise... and I have no excuse for not tracking my food. In the very least, even if I'm not exercising, I should make sure I am well within my calories.

rakel
03-27-2010, 10:12 AM
As expected, I did go up a little.

I weighed in on 2/24 @ 309.5 lbs
3/15 @ 306.9 lbs
3/27 @ 308 lbs

So, 1.5lbs for the month... whoo :) Better than nothing I guess! But I can totally do better. I need to step up my game if I want to lose 52.3lbs by October 25th, but 7.5lbs a month for 7 months should be pretty do-able. That's 1.8lbs a week. It would be nice to get into the 250s again... I think I could actually ride a rollercoaster... and Universal just came out with a new Harry Potter section that I'd really like to go check out.

mj5
03-28-2010, 07:39 AM
Good Morning everyone! I can't believe it's Sunday already! Vacation has been awesome, but really, it will be nice to get back to a routine. Food choices have not been good. Meal times have been totally bizarre. I haven't been drinking enough water. Workouts have been sporadic....yea, it's time to get myself back on track!!!

I have found a weekly zumba class that some friends and I are going to check out. It's $6 per week (totally affordable!) and it's on Thursdays in the evening. It's time to shake things up a bit w/ my workouts, so this sounds perfect. We are going to go this Thurs and check it out.

HokiLoki--What a cutie!!! CONGRATS!!!!!

Rhonda--What a cutie!!! Thanks for the info. I'll ask him and let you know. He puts them on facebook, for now, for friends and family to see. his favorite subjects right now are birds. Good luck w/ Slim Fast. It is drastic, but you know what you need to do for yourself. We are here to support you!!!

Beverlyjoy--So glad you could pop in!

rakel--Welcome back! Sounds like a good plan!

Soulnik--How are you doing?

If I can remember how to post pics here, I'll put up a pic of my "girls"...you know, the two most spoiled beagles ever!!!! LOL!!!! they have been loving having us home for vacation....lots of extra attention and snuggle time. Back to reality tomorrow, though! LOL!!!

I am actually cooking a healthy dinner today--roasted turkey breast w/ veggies. YUM!!!

Have a great OP day!

HokieLoki
03-28-2010, 01:37 PM
boy, last night was HARD. I wanted to have some wine as I was cleaning the house sooo bad. I didn't have any, so I told myself I could go out to the store and have 2 glasses of wine, ONLY if I went to the gym and ran for 30 minutes first. I had already had a good workout hiking at a local park's mountain bike trails for 2 hours (Loki's favorite workout) and didn't feel like hauling myself to the gym, too. So hooray, I stayed on plan.

I guess that's my best strategy... making a deal with myself like that works, and not having the wine on hand was helpful. Who knows what would've happened if I already had a nice chilled pinot grigio in the fridge like I used to.

I was wondering, has anybody had a massage while overweight? I have only had them while I was small. My cousin is coming to visit me from Kansas and she has never been to a spa, and told me that's one thing she really wants to do while here. I booked us both the whole Queen package at my favorite spa, and decided it would be my first mini-goal reward. I am nervous about the full body massage and know I am going to be embarrassed.

Beverlyjoy
03-28-2010, 04:00 PM
Hi chicks...

I am so ready to be back in my 'food comfort zone'. Last night was not good. We went out to dinner again...I had good intentions - but, they changed when I saw the menu. It went down hill after I ate the huge very crunchy onion ring (best ever). I changed my salad to one with more calories. Had pie when we got home and about ten graham crackers. It's like the stuff I've been doing for days just floated out of my brain. I went to bed bloated from overeating and a tummy ache to boot. I know it's very important to concentrate on how much I've been ON my plan instead of off my plan. So when I look at the past 10 days away from home, I have been mostly on my plan and really off my plan only two evenings. I really, really wish I could conquer this food craziness. But, I am working on it.

Today is going well, so far. I am grateful. We are going to a restaurant again tonight - dil's mom wants to go because it's my last night in town. It's funny to say that I am tired of restaurants - but, I won't have a repeat of last night again today.

Tomorrow morning I will do two programs at an elementary school, come back to ds's home for lunch and head back to my home in the afternoon. It's a four hour and half hour drive back home. My pieces and parts are holding up , but, not the greatest. Playing with my grandson has been the best fun. My three year grandson is a comedian! He's very silly and loves to joke around.

Soon, when I have a computer on a regular basis, I will be able to have time to do some personals. Thanks so much to you all for your support and good wishes, encouragement and understanding.