UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 03-15-2010, 05:43 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 210/176/133

Height: 5ft 6"

Default Oh deaar. Time to work harder...

In light of my new diet, I decided to go out and buy some new posh digi scales with body fat calculator etc. Hubby and I both weighed ourselves. I weigh 5 stone more than my husband! DH is 6ft tall and only weighs 8stone 4! How the heck is this possible??

Anyway, I suggested we should try a mini "super size VS super skinny", where we write down exactly what we eat in a day and swap diets. I thought it was a good idea as I need to lose weight and in my honest opinion he needs to gain some because 8stone 4lbs is not a healthy weight for a 6ft tall man!!

He replied, "I physically couldn't do it. I'd be sick!". Jeebus do I really eat that much?! Time to work harder at this diet malarky!
CurlyWurly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 08:06 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 210/209/174

Height: 5ft 10

Heh, if myself and the hubs did that I think it would be pretty even in the end. He's got weight to lose too but I've always weighed more than him since he's a bit shorter than me. The upside is that I've never had to worry about giving him a different portion size when cooking, so I can calculate the points for recipes dead easily. We've mostly got similar vices save that he craves cake far more than me, I'm like that over chocolate.

8.4? That's a BMI of 15.7!
lora m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 09:05 AM   #3  
Always drink your water..

S/C/G: 215/198.5/119

Height: 5'1"

Jeez CurlyWurly, your man isn't normal! I weigh more than my husband too (he's 5 inches taller than me and 11kg less) and that makes me feel bad enough! And I feel like a gut bucket because our portion sizes are roughly the same, although he has a separate pudding compartment, and I don't!

Your hubby was a little insensitive to say that what you eat would make him physically sick...I hope you thumped him! I'm sure you don't eat that much!

Last edited by Dippy Chip; 03-15-2010 at 09:06 AM.
Dippy Chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 02:10 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

My BF is 178lbs, and 4" taller... So back when I was 214, I felt pretty awful
yossarianlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 05:36 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 210/176/133

Height: 5ft 6"

Thanks everyone. It does make me feel pretty crappy that I weigh so much more than him...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lora m View Post
8.4? That's a BMI of 15.7!
Is that really underweight I take it? Maybe I should encourage him to eat more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy Chip
Your hubby was a little insensitive to say that what you eat would make him physically sick...I hope you thumped him! I'm sure you don't eat that much!
No I didn't thump him lol I do eat a lot I think because I'm in the house a lot with my three babies, I just graze all the time. I'm either eating or thinking about what I could eat. I literally just snack ALL the time. Well, I used to. I started my diet a week ago today and I am doing really well. Although I've lost count of the amount of times I've wandered into the kitchen and looked through the cupboards or fridge before remembering I'm on a diet! LOL Maybe I should stick post-it notes on the doors to save me the time of looking! haha
CurlyWurly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 05:35 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 82/82/55

Height: 164

My hubby is the same, however after winter holiday he managed to gain 8lbs which is impressing. I wish I had problems with putting on weight

Last edited by nicoletia; 03-16-2010 at 05:35 PM.
nicoletia is offline   Reply With Quote