Old 02-25-2010, 07:02 PM   #1  

Question Dealing with Saboteurs

Do any of you have people who try to sabotage your dieting? I made a decision to start on Metabolic again and I'm on day one thru four. I have made it known to those around me that I am on a mission to lose weight.

Today when I went to work I had a co-worker say "hey, I know you're on this diet thing but I made some candy last night and I need you to taste it to see if its better than the last. A few bites won't hurt" My jaw dropped to the floor and I just looked at her in disbelief and told her no. Then the receptionist came into my office at lunch with a piece of cheesecake and stuck it under my nose and then took a big bite and said YUUUUMMMMM.

How do you deal with people trying to sabotage your weight loss journey???
channeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 08:17 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 229/220/170

Height: 6'0'

smack them in the face with a brick. Just a thought, but probably the wrong one
I just tell them I'm allergic to it. That usually shuts them up. I have IBS and can't have alcohol, garlic, artificial sweeteners, caffiene, fried foods, or dairy. Telling them this helps. And if they pull the line, "Come on, just try a bite." I just tell them about the nasty digestive side effects of me eating that crap, lol
Good luck!
chickybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 08:35 AM   #3  
Now UC it! Now U don't!

S/C/G: 210/194/140 Rd 2 beginning 3/7

Height: 5' 3.5"

I know it is too late, but if you ever find yourself in this spot again, don't tell co-workers what you are doing. Just progress silently into your plans and what they don't know won't hurt them. Eventually your plan, as it begins to transform you, will become incredibly obvious.
Joy2MeNu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 08:40 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 320/ticker/197

Height: 5'2"

I've had this all week at work. We've had 3 birthday cakes, chocolate covered cream cheese puffs, and ice cream. All of this by Thursday. I let everyone know that I'm dieting. It took a few weeks for people to get that I was serious. Now people will come by to offer stuff and then think "Oh Yeah your doing that diet right?" then pretty much leave me alone. I also use well I have to weigh today, so I don't want to mess things up. Just be persistent.. Hopefully they will get it soon.. Although I'd have to push the girl with cheesecake out of my office.. :-)

LOL with the smack upside the head. I told my HR manager today that it was cruel and unusual punishment to have that much cake around a fat girl. She laughed and said she agreed..

Luckily for my my mom is doing the diet with me, so she is very supportive. She also keeps me on track when I want to go off plan.
MEEZOOGIRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 11:38 AM   #5  
cdreeh

S/C/G: 293.5/286.5/200

Height: 5'10"

YES - I have a friend that just had Weight Loss surgery and she wants to go to Olive Garen for lunch because SHE can eat anything now....I just told her I don't eat pasta -'you can have the salad' - I don't want to go anywhere I don't have more then one option. I'd rather not go out at all. Really urks me!
cdreeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 11:46 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 196/180/140

Height: 5'1

I'm with you CD. My some of my friends don't understand & say "they serve salads everywhere". But, we can eat so much more than a salad if we eat at home. I prefer to eat at home & avoid the temptation & also have more control over what goes in my mouth/body. Keep it up ladies!!!
karla is offline   Reply With Quote