Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-25-2010, 12:32 PM   #1  

Default Hello Everyone!

Hello, I stumbled across this forum and it's made my DAY!!

I am overweight and have found myself in a huge slump! After having my son, I couldn't seem to lose the weight. He was born with special needs and I became so proactive in his life, working towards his goals, etc. I let all mine fade away.

I used to take pride in myself, I was really active but since gaining the weight, I have become a hermit and withdrawn from life. I sheltered myself behind my son's needs and have been in denial about my own, hiding behind excuses of why i can't lose the weight.

The other day, while on face book of all things lol, I cried while viewing all of my friends photo albums because I realized, I have no photos of myself with my family. I am always behind the camera by choice because honestly, I am ashamed of how big I have become.

But that was then, and this is now. I am making a change and it starts today. I am ashamed to say, I worked out today but only for 15 mins..

I was so out of breath!! As discouraged as I am by this lame effort, It's 15mins more than I did yesterday and 15min less than I will do tomorrow. I am hopeful and determined but in need of support, so here I am..

I am excited to join this forum and make some wonderful new friends who hopefully will understand & reach out with words of wisdom.. I know, it won't be easy but I am hoping together we can support each other to be the best we can be, for ourselves and our kids.
UpsyDaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 01:08 PM   #2  
Es ist ein neuer Tag!

S/C/G: Highest 280+

Height: 5' 7"

Congratulations on your decision to get active. Do not be ashamed of "only" doing 15 minutes. 15 minutes is awesome! What's important is that you did it. We all have to start somewhere. I recently read a quote by MLK that I think is so inspiring - "You don't have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step." You took the first step. Keep up the good work!

I can totally relate about the picture thing. I have a beautiful (almost) 14 month old grandson and I see myself repeating history with him - very few pictures of the two of us together, just like what I did with my kids. It's rare for me to get in a picture, and it saddens me. I want to change that. I don't want to erase myself from their history, because that's what I feel you do when you don't include yourself in any of the event photos or just everyday life photos.

We can do this!
MamaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 01:15 PM   #3  

It's amazing how a few words can lift your spirits! Thanks so much for your encouraging words & understanding Mama! It's not easy but you're RIGHT, we can do this let me know how you go with your progress!
Old 02-25-2010, 03:15 PM   #4  

Hi UpsyDaisy,
Mind if I call you Daisy for short? Or we can go with Upsy or Ups, you decide.
You have come to the right place for your new lifestyle change. I too am always the one behind the camera, but I'm working on changing that. When you get a chance stop on over to the POSITIVE UPLIFTING NOTIFICATION: One positive thing about me today is...Part Seven. It's a great place to stop in each day and chat about what positive things went on in your day, and a great place for support, motivation, and inspiration. I look forward to getting to know you better.

Later ~ Learn
learningtoliveagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 07:43 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 263.5/256/170

Height: 5'5

Hi and welcome. I so love that you love Dr. Reed. Is that your favorite show? My husband and I are big fans of his. So for that I wanted to reach out but also want to say good luck to you on this journey. I can't imagine how hard it must be to have to raise a child with special needs. You must be truly special. Remember that when you get down. You are important to him and those around you and life would be a lot easier if you took time for yourself first and then all things around you would click because you were in control. It sounds so good on paper but I am in the same boat with my weight too. That is why I am here and glad that we have these forums to give and get support. I will keep checking on you and hopefully we can get healthy together.
snoopy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 12:07 PM   #6  

Hi Learn, Daisy is fine Thank you for the welcome, understanding and for the positivity! i will definitely check out the other forum. It's only been one day but I couldn't wait to sign on to the forum and be inspired. I am going to work out in a few, hopefully i can do more than 15 mins today, fingers crossed. I wish you best of luck in your journey. keep me updated with your progress xo

Hi Snoopy Thank you for reaching out and welcoming me to the forum. yes, criminal minds is one of my Favorite shows.. I love spencer! He's so nerdy but so hot haha I find his awkwardness endearing. Spencer actually reminds me of my son, despite his delays, he's a little nerd and has an eidetic memory like Spencer. I look at Spencer's character and it gives me hope for my son's future, may sound silly but i guess we gather hope where ever we can. I love the crime kinda shows, what other shows do you watch?
This is the first time I have ever joined a forum and shared my journey so I am hoping in stepping out of myself, I can step towards succeeding with my goals. I look forward to getting healthy with you and I hope the sun's shining on your side of the sky today xo

Last edited by UpsyDaisy; 02-26-2010 at 12:14 PM.
Old 02-27-2010, 03:18 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 263.5/256/170

Height: 5'5

Aw! You are too sweet. No wonder you use UpsyDaisy as your name and I agree that we do gather hope wherever we can. We do love all crime shows. I like CSI, Damages (on FX), Mentalist, 24, House...gee, do you think this is why I am overweight? Maybe I should stop watching so much tv and get out and walk. LOL!! Oh wait, I live in Ohio where the snow just won't stop this year. I guess I will just watch tv until spring rolls around. How is your eating going? It sounds like the exericse is working for you. That is my downfall. When I am determined I am very good with my diet but I HATE exercise. I have one sister who actually wakes up wanting to exercise. Who does that? Have a great day.
snoopy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 10:03 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 211/200/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi UpsyDaisy,

I'm not a Mom (yet!) but I've been a nanny for 12+ years and in the last 8 years I've been working for a family that had twin boys borns at 26weeks gestation. I can relate to your situation because even though they aren't my kids, I always put them first. The first few years were grueling with many, many doctor appts., therapy appts. you name it, they had to go to it. So, like you, my health and weight just went up. I ate on the go and worked hard to get them all the help they needed (their "father" decided he didn't want kids (loser!) so the Mom was by herself). Now, don't get me wrong, I've tried many a diet over the last few years but failed at them. I'm determined this time to really get back on track and focus on me so I can get healthier and have a baby of my own. So, I suppose that this is a long winded way of saying to get down on yourself. You did what a GREAT MOM would do and put your son first. Now, add a little me time and do something for yourself. If it's 15 minutes of exercise, great! Just try to get a little in each day. If you miss a day, don't get down on yourself, try again tomorrow. You can do it! Good Luck!!! Hope everything is ok with your son.
cjdeluca is offline   Reply With Quote