General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 02-22-2010, 08:10 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 240/225/150

Height: 5' 7 "

Default Fat Smasher's Weekly Support~ 2/22-3/1

Welcome Smashers! This weekly support thread is open to all who are following the Fat Smash or the Extreme Fat Smash diet. We are here to offer support and encouragement to each other. And if we can... answer some questions. Feel free to post accomplishments and failures. We are not here to judge.... only to support. I encourage you to post daily menu's, exercise, and weekly weigh-ins. And most importantly... LET'S SMASH SOME FAT!!

Link to Fat Smash Diet Recipes:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/fat-...t-recipes-212/

Last edited by shae8230; 02-22-2010 at 08:24 AM.
shae8230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 08:13 AM   #2  

Good Morning!

Here's the link to last week's thread....just in case anyone missed some of it.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/gene...15-2-21-a.html

Gotta get ready for work...be back later.

Sherry
Old 02-22-2010, 01:49 PM   #3  

misskitty~ GREAT JOB!
Old 02-22-2010, 02:06 PM   #4  

Shae8230 I just got used to George and here you go changing your picture again So did you have meat or fish? I have to admit I'm craving tilapia for some reason and I'm not a big fish eater. Hope you and the rest of the peeps are having a great day.
sluggo44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 02:49 PM   #5  
Hopeful Member

S/C/G: 154/ticker/123

Height: 5'3"

misskitty, 14 lbs - that is fantastic! sounds like a whoosh - you were at 11 down, right?

i am thinking about hitting plateaus and swiching things up - for me, there's not a lot on phase 2 that i want to add back, but i'll see how it goes. i expect to hit a plateau at 135 - i've been though this before
natamars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 02:50 PM   #6  

sluggo~ lol...I didn't want to get too political on here. I think I will stick with the kitty for a while. I don't have any pictures stored on my new laptop..or I would put my son's pic as my avatar.

Dh is making fish tonight. I think it is tilapia. I'm just making the veggies and brown rice to go with it.

Last night I made stuffed bell peppers.. I used soy meat. It was ok... I missed the flavor of beef, though.

So, how are things down in the great state of Texas?? I miss it.

natamars~ way to go! That's an awesome loss! I've seen the Gulf of Mexico and various rivers in my life...but had never seen an ocean until Sunday. We went to Bailey's Island...I think that is what it's called. We have been here in Maine for a little over a year... but, with work and all...we just never had time to just go sightseeing. I still haven't gotten to try Maine lobster. Hopefully, this year I will.

I worked hard today. I know I burned some fat.

Talk to you all later,
Sherry

Last edited by shae8230; 02-22-2010 at 03:11 PM.
Old 02-22-2010, 04:11 PM   #7  

It is so cold today, right now at 3pm it is 33 and the snow is suppose to start later this evening, of course that means I have a shot at the campus being closed which means day off woo hoo. Honestly the 1-2 inches that are forecasted won't stick so I'm sure I'll be coming to work. These days I'm just happy to have a job, actually a job I love. Your son is a cutie (I'm guessing that's his picture on fatsmashforum and old posts from here) My baby is going to be 17 in april and boy howdy do I feel old. I will be 46 in july but I act like a kid, I feel growing up and acting your age is overated My husband still would love to have a little girl but my next journey in life will be spoiling grandkids. We were very blessed to get Jake, it just wasn't in the cards for me to be able to have anymore. I sure did want two more boys. Nothing against girls but I always wanted three boys. Jacob was such a happy easy baby/toddler/young man but teenage years have had their ups and downs. He really is such a neat person, sometimes I can't believe he's ours. My other baby is my 3 year old english bulldog Sluggo. I also have a mutt and two cats. Sluggo is truly the sweetest dog I have ever had. He thinks every human and animal is his friend which has gotten him into trouble. A black lab slit the top of his eye open and he didn't even flinch. Boy can I ramble on. Ended up going out for lunch (took a good friend out for her birthday and another friend went along) I did good had a sweet potato, salad with ff dressing, some mushrooms and broccoli. The only bad was the diet coke. I believe my dinner will be the yummy lunch I brought. Shae8230 how old is your little one? Hope your fish turns out good. I'll post later on this evening
sluggo44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 05:51 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 129/see ticker/110

Height: 5'1"

Whoo, A new thread!

Misskitty - all I can say is, YAY!

Natamars - I hate plateaus, but not as much as when the scale starts to creep up.

Sluggo - you should go to Sherry's for dinner. Tilapia is on the menu. What is Tilapia anyway? I've never heard of it.

I weighed myself this morning at 119.8. I always hit a plateau at 120.5 and haven't been below 120.5 since a couple summers ago.
Taurie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 06:15 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 173/152.2/130

Height: 5’7"

hello ladies! i'm starting phase 1 day 1 tomorrow! i'm excited i haven't found anything that specifies the kind of yogurt i can eat. is the nonfat yoplait okay for me to eat?

TAURIE!! yay you, below 120.5!!! so awesome!!!!

(hi natamars! i'm following u around! )
shasha12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 06:30 PM   #10  
Hopeful Member

hi, shasha! i hope it works as well for you as it has for me so far. today is my last day of detox, but i'm just adding a few new things for phase 2 - some fish and cheese, maybe a bit more olive oil.

for the yogurt - the book does not specifiy! very frustrating. but since he says no sugar i would assume either plain yogurt or sweetened with sugar substitute. i try not to use sugar substitutes so i use plain yogurt(usually Greek) and sweeten with applesauce, or mix some in with my oatmeal. the other thing i love is making a smoothie with plain yogurt, frozen pineapple, and soy milk. also, on last week's thread i posted a recipe for oatmeal "muffins" that has seriosuly helped me get through detox.

i tried to wait until the end of detox to weigh in but i gave in on day 7.

good luck!
Old 02-22-2010, 09:34 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 279/270/180

Height: 5'4"

Okay I forgot that I was suppose to start today. So I am going to start tomorrow. Plotting on my snacks since I will be in clinicals all day long tomorrow.
life4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 10:28 PM   #12  

Taurie~ Tilapia is a white fish. Pretty tasty.

Sluggo~ The fish turned out yummy. Dh poached it. I made brown rice and broccoli. My son is 4. He will be 5 in June. I was told I could never have children. I took fertility drugs and had cysts removed from my ovaries and still couldn't get pregnant. I have polycyctic ovarian syndrom. Fast forward 6 years...I got divorced and remarried. I was pg within 3 months. Crazy, huh? No fertility drugs. I got pg at 37. I will be 44 in Nov. I am a late in life mom. But, better late than never. Here is a recent pic of Joshua...

Hi to everyone else!

Last edited by shae8230; 02-22-2010 at 10:31 PM.
Old 02-22-2010, 11:05 PM   #13  
Exercise is an addiction!

S/C/G: 208.8/ticker when allowed/155

Height: 5'6"

Shae Josh is such a little cutie!! God blessed you at the right time. I know this is a very OLD saying but He may not come when you want Him but he will be there right on time (meaning, God blessed you when it was your time to be a mother) If you and your ex would have had a child it would have complicated matters. Now look. Of course I know you know all that so let me get off of my soap box.

Natamars sorry about your incident in the library but CONGRATZ on the weight loss!! I must have missed the recipe for the muffins. I'm going to have to go back and search for it!

I'm on day 8 of my detox with the final countdown starting in the morning!! Can I say THANK YOU JESUS.. I can't believe I'm seeing this one til the end. Don't know how I will do with Phase II because I'm taking my husband out of town for his birthday. I guess I will just enjoy that day and do a detox day then pick up where I left off.

Tauri AWESOME job getting below 120! That has got to be a good feeling!

Shasha I like the Danon light and fit. I can't do plain yogurt (no way no how). I saw in one of the Eat This Not That books that Dannon L and F is actually one of the good ones to eat. The Greek on is much better but I just don't think I can stand the taste.

Well, gotta finish some laundry, pack my lunch for tomorrow and go to bed. Another early day tomorrow (I'm hooked on exercise)..

have a great week everyone and I hope to post again tomorrow!!

Let's Smash some Fat!
PrettyPearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 09:40 AM   #14  
Hopeful Member

Good morning, smashers! Starting day 1 of phase 2 today. Nothing different except I hace refried beans(fat free) for lunch and I am putting some cheese and salsa on them. That and a big veggie salad should be very filling. Also looking forward to some coffee this weekend(I only drink it on weekends - makes me too edgy on workdays). But I am missing the wine! I don't know if I can wait until phase 4 to add it back. I at least have to make an exception for my birthday in April.

Ended detox down 6.2 lbs and 1.8% body fat(per my scale).

Question on nuts and peanut butter - I have the original book which does not address nuts AT ALL. I used to eat them every day - I know I was overdoing portion size - but I think they're good for you. I've seen people post on the web that you can have 2 t a day in phase 2 - does anyone know? My book says you can have 2 t of regular butter - I think pb is much better for you!

Next question - does anyone know how to get decimal points in your sig? It keeps rounding my weight down. My scale measures in .2 increments.

prettpearls - last day of detox! have you not weighed in yet? hoping for a huge whoosh! for you!

shae, what a great story about your son! how lucky you are to have him. my son will be 7 next month, and i still thank God every day for him. I was almost 35 when I had him, so I know what you mean about age, although in the cities I've lived near(New York and Boston), having kids in your 30's and 40's is more the norm.

taurie, AWESOME on breaking the 120 plateau!

shasha, how goes day 1? are you going to weigh in daily or wait?

have a great day!

life4evr: good luck w/ your first day!
Old 02-23-2010, 12:04 PM   #15  
Is this the last time?

S/C/G: 191/see tracker/150

Height: 5'5"

Default frozen fruit

ok, so you need a sweet tooth cure? i can't believe how sweet UNSWEETENED fruit is. on the 4 day diet, in one module we're allowed 1 cup of berries, so i got the berry mix from whole foods (strawberries, blueberries, blackberries and raspberries) and in the morning, i'll put one cup's worth on the counter and let it defrost. THEY ARE SO SWEET! especially now that after detox, our taste buds are 'normal', not expecting super, unnaturally sweet foods like cookies, ice cream, chocolate, etc. i would highly recommend these for a sweet tooth, and if you're allowed unlimited fruit, well then...

so get this. last night i was allowed a veggie burger with a bun, so i made that for everyone, and then a black bean salsa (add red wine vinegar and cumin to a can of black beans - drained, diced tomato and peppers, and maybe add some corn), where i could get my 1 cup of beans for the day. i put the beans on my plate. ate my burger slowly, and HELLO!, after i ate the burger, i was FULL! so i put the beans back in the bowl, and then had my snack a few hours later. i think we all need to be aware of the small life changes that we're making every day, even if the weight doesn't come off immediately!

you all are doing so well! you should be so proud of your accomplishments as you get through your daily chores and 'chore filled' lives. i know i have it easier, being able to work from home right now, and i don't have to pack food, etc. when i do go in to the office and have to plan for 8 hours away from my kitchen, i thank the powers that be that i don't have to do it 5 days per week. so yeah you!!!!

third module, taurie and i have to exercise twice per day. what i don't know how to do though, is weights every day. one is supposed to wait 48 hours before re-weight training the same muscles, so i have to figure that out. any ideas are welcome. i usually do the video 'kathy smith, lift weights to lose weight' video, which is 20 minutes upper body, and 20 minutes lower body. but the lower body is mostly exercises, not really weights, so i don't know if/how that would count. again, any ideas are welcome! maybe half the upper body, twice through?

have a great day,
misskitty

PS, sorry this was long!

PPS, i wasn't able to edit my sig tracker to count partial poundage lost, i don't know if it can be done.

Last edited by misskitty; 02-23-2010 at 12:08 PM.
misskitty is offline   Reply With Quote