Old 02-21-2010, 04:41 PM   #1  

Unhappy Jimena Confesses: I'm a real life binge eater

Not too long ago, I learned that I was a compulsive overeater. This disease crippled me and I've hit rock bottom more than a few times. Eating until it hurts, locking myself in my dark apartment for days just to eat and sleep, sinking deeper into depression and drifiting farther away from achieving my goals...

I am beginning a new challenge and I'll be damned if this disease follows me into my 30's. This challenge is a 14wk fitness challenge with my gym and in it, I hope to end my battle with my disease.

With Love,
Jimena
Jimena Confesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 04:52 PM   #2  
mickeymick

S/C/G: 158/142/138

Height: 5'10"

I am a "self-diagnosed" COE also. I am so lucky that I am at the weight I am. I think the way I eat sometimes, I should be 300 lbs. There are stretches of hours when I am at home that I just eat constantly, anything. When I feel so full that it feels like it's coming up the back of my throat, I'll drink water to get a little more "room" and then eat more. I binge secretly. I can be so full that I feel nauseous, but give me ten or fifteen minutes and I have an appetite again. People don't believe me when I say that I can have 10,000+ calorie days, easily and often. Being on a diet is a good, um, "distraction" from it, but I know that the root of it is psychological. I still don't quite know what to do about it. But I know that working on my overall happiness is the best defense.
Thanks for sharing. Good Luck!
angelamick is offline   Reply With Quote