PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 02-21-2010, 12:28 PM   #1  
touchmytoes

Default clomid round one..

Dont think that this will be the lucky month as although there was a healthy follicle and I had ovulated with all the good positive signs I dont think that i have caught this month...bit gutted as was pinning hopes on this and although have another two months on 50ml before the doc looks at it again I was really hoping to have been lucky in month one...humph.. have that crampy feeling very light crampy feeling and sore nipples...so will probs come on very shortly.

has anyone else had clomid? if so in what dose?

thanks
Old 02-21-2010, 12:53 PM   #2  
Fighting The Binges

S/C/G: HW274/RW215?/GW137

Height: 5' 4"

Hi,
I had Clomid when trying to get pregnant with my daughter.
It's about 8 years ago now so I can't remember the dose but think it was 75mg.
I'm in the UK and was told I could only have it for 12 months. For the first 6 months I was a wreck when I got my period each month. It got to month 8 and I had more or less given up hope, I felt that down about it all.
Then came month 9 and I had THE sorest boobs ever. You guessed it, I was pregnant!
Good luck, try to relax as much as you can because getting stressed over it all just makes it harder, I know from experience.
Loving Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 11:34 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 283/253/190

Height: 5'9"

Good luck with it! I conceived my son on my first round of clomid (50mg). I was CERTAIN it hadn't worked (same as you, just one good follicle) & had a total breakdown. The next day I was shocked I didn't get my period so tested & then tested again 'cause I didn't think it could possibly be true that I was actually pregnant!!!
Lifeguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 12:21 PM   #4  
touchmytoes

wow thanks guys, its great to hear success stories when you have been tryin and failin like i have good news is always welcome. Im on day 25 so am checkin all the time now..but wont do a test until the very last point!!

if i dont end up preggers im not looking forward to round two..it sent me right up the wall with hormones etc!!
Old 02-22-2010, 02:18 PM   #5  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Sore boobs don't mean you're out!

I normally have sore breasts after ovulation, but it started the DAY I o'd. It's not necessarily a bad sign!

I just finished my first round (50mg) and it worked. Now the waiting begins.

Good luck. The hormones are no fun. Frankly, the provera I was on before the clomid was way worse in terms of the emotional rollercoaster. The Clomid just makes me feel like I'm always ovulating, which is a good sign!
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 03:03 PM   #6  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

The only time I had sore breasts is when I WAS preggers, all five times...only carried two to term, but they are the very best two!
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 04:16 PM   #7  
touchmytoes

There may be hope then...my fingers my toes and everything else is crossed, they themselves are not sore just the nipples..like two bullets that wont go down!!

but still getting a little niggly pain in tummy so will see...
Old 02-23-2010, 11:42 AM   #8  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Good luck to you and fingers crossed

FWIW, I exercised a lot more while taking the clomid, whereas I wasn't active on the Provera. I think getting back into a workout routine helped a LOT with side effects.
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote