Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-18-2010, 12:47 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 250/250/150

Default I'm a FATTY & I'm sick of it!

Hello everyone! I just recently joined 3FC and I have spent the past few days looking at goal pictures and becoming extremely motivated to do something about this "fatness" I've got going on! I don't necessarily OVER eat, I just don't eat well, or exercise for that matter! I am ready to do something about it and I hope that you all can help nudge me along the way. Lord knows I'm going to need it! LOL! My plan is to start next Monday...I've been reading "The Big Breakfast Diet by Danielle Jakubowicz, M.D." and her plan sounds like something I could actually stick to! I'm actually really excited about getting started, which is a first for me! I also was just recently given an elliptical machine so I now have NO excuse! My twin daughters just turned 5 on Valentine's day and will be starting school in the fall. I don't want them to have the "fat mom", you know? I hope and pray that by the time school starts next year, that won't be the case!

Thanks to any of you who actually listened! I appreciate it!
flashback97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 02:15 AM   #2  
I'm in here...somewhere!

S/C/G: 290/250/150

Height: 5'6"

Smile Good luck from another newbie!

I just joined 3FC, too, and I'm enjoying poking around the site to find motivation and information. I'm seeing a lot of members who have the same problems I do, and it's encouraging to see how they are overcoming. Good luck to you!
merrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 09:50 AM   #3  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

Hey there. I wonder what you will do in the next 5 days you are waiting to "start". Will you just eat normally and mentally prepare yourself for Monday? Will you clear out all the junk food and start shopping for healthy alternatives. Will you start drinking more water and de-clutter your kitchen making it more user friendly? Will you clean your refrigerator and make it sparkle for all the new veggies? How do you plan on spending these next few days getting ready to "start"?

You know how many pounds I gained feasting before the famine...only to make it a day or 2 and go right back to my old ways. Start today. Right now, before you add 5 more pounds to your weight. If you start now, you will already have a weight loss because of the pounds you didn't gain..."getting ready to start". Thursday is a terrific start day. If you start today, you'll already be down a few pounds by monday.
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 09:59 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 255/144 and maintaining

Height: 5'9

I agree with Lori, start now!! I started on a Tuesday, I believe. Or was it technically a Monday NIGHT? I think I didn't even wait for the next morning. You have that motivation and desire! Go for it!

Good luck!!
jkinboston89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 02:00 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 250/250/150

Thanks everyone! I don't plan to binge or anything while waiting to start...I only need the few extra days to finish the book, get meals planned and groceries bought, honestly. If I am not prepared, I won't be able to fully start the diet! However, I am going to try and do better than usual these next few days...way to make me think, Lori! LOL! I appreciate the support!
flashback97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 03:51 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 182/130/128

Height: 5'4''

Hi and welcome! It sounds like you're taking a systematic approach to this, which is a good start. Keep up the good work x
Sarah Carson is offline   Reply With Quote