Body Image and Issues after Weight Loss Including discussions about excess skin and reconstructive surgery

Old 02-12-2010, 07:16 PM   #1  
There Is No Wagon

S/C/G: 33.3%/21.8%/19%

Height: 5'5"

Default Loose skin after a 50lb loss?

Over the last 2 years I've gone from 180 to 130, most of it within the last year. I'm 5'5" and 25 years old. Like some of you mentioned in the "loose skin meltdown" thread, I've noticed my belly hanging down when I do planks and pushups, and wondered if it's more a loose skin issue than a fat issue. I've been strength training for 6 months, and I had my body fat caliper-tested at 21.89%, but I have this pooch that kind of flaps and wrinkles and dimples when I'm in a plank position. Does this sound more like a loose skin issue or just where I'm still storing some of my fat, like most women have when we bend over?
forestroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 08:40 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 218/133/135

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

I have the same problem. I think its a combination of loose skin and fat and that it can get better lowering the fat but that there will always be some loose skin there. I did not notice it until I did a plank pose in my apartment and now notice it in that pose and other poses in yoga but when I stand up my stomach looks flat.
guarchie is offline   Reply With Quote