Old 02-12-2010, 11:05 AM   #1  
lindscounty

S/C/G: 307/see ticker/170

Height: 5'8"

Default Couple questions!

Morning everyone! I have a couple questions - I am still on pre-conditioning through next Friday since I just started yesterday.
I had a couple questions regarding dairy and caffeine...
I had an egg scrambled this morning, but was wondering if its ok to add a splash of milk to make it thicker? I could barely eat the thing! I guess I may just have to suck it up - I ended up putting it between my toast so I could finish it because I knew I had to finish all the food!

The other thing is the hardest for me is the diet soda. I have cut back quite a bit but yesterday I had a raging headache by 4pm. The center recommended B12 - has anyone with diet soda addiction had luck with this helping? How long do these caffeine withdrawls last?! Is it better to taper than cold turkey?! HELP!
lindscounty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 11:19 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 219.5/see ticker/168

Height: 5'7"

I wouldn't get tooo dependent on the mixing milk in with eggs as when you get your menu dairy is limited if not completely cut out. I don't know what menu you will start out on so it's hard to say. It was hard for me not to mix my eggs at first too - I started just poaching or boiling them and if I do one scrambled, add 1 oz (or 1.5 oz depending on the menu) of shredded cheese to help with flavor and texture.

Unfortunately I did taper down with caffeine before I decided to do MRC - it took me about 2 weeks and I still occasionally get caffeine headaches...just try to taper down over the next week on preconditioning I do feel that's a whole lot more manageable than cold turkey. (JMO)
leigh34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 11:22 AM   #3  
k8ee

S/C/G: 181/176/140

Height: 5'7"

This week i kicked soda, and 3 out of the 4 cups of coffee a day I have. I'm a full blown addict. But now im drinking LOTS of water, and I have one mug of black coffee before the gym in the morning. The headaches lasted about 3 1/2-4 days....but honestly, im already feeling a million times better, i think the water flushed alot out. Hang in there...caffeine is great, but this refreshed feeling is actually better. Not to mention its helped with my anxiety. Good luck
katie333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 11:23 AM   #4  
lindscounty

S/C/G: 307/see ticker/170

Height: 5'8"

Thanks - I just had no idea about when the dairy is coming or if it will always be totally out - I am still kinda in the dark!
lindscounty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 11:54 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 320/ticker/197

Height: 5'2"

I was a total caffeine person too.. I drank tons of coffe and soda. I didn't taper off during preconditioning. I just went cold turkey the first day on program. The first 2 days were bad with headache and a nasty mood. After that it tapered off.. I take B12 and it seemed to help with the headaches. You can do it. Just take it one day at a time. Once you get past so many days you can have diet riet soda. I don't drink it because I'd be drinking it all the time. I know a lot of girls on here use it with the HNS and love it.

Good Luck!!
MEEZOOGIRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 12:10 PM   #6  
Bunnynicula

S/C/G: 298.5/273.4/150

Height: 5'7''

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindscounty View Post
Morning everyone! I have a couple questions - I am still on pre-conditioning through next Friday since I just started yesterday.
I had an egg scrambled this morning, but was wondering if its ok to add a splash of milk to make it thicker? I could barely eat the thing! I guess I may just have to suck it up - I ended up putting it between my toast so I could finish it because I knew I had to finish all the food!

The other thing is the hardest for me is the diet soda. I have cut back quite a bit but yesterday I had a raging headache by 4pm. The center recommended B12 - has anyone with diet soda addiction had luck with this helping? How long do these caffeine withdrawls last?! Is it better to taper than cold turkey?! HELP!

Im not sure what your menu will be like but I take one egg and mix it with 1oz of cheese every day..and microwave it for 1min..it comes out pretty fluffy. I used to stir it up after it was done to make it fluffier but now I just pop it out of the bowl and put I on toast..its kinda like fast food eggs but taste better! I hate strange textures but this one is fine to me..

I gave up caffeine the first time a year ago. I have to say it was awful! The headaches lasted almost a week and even co-works tried giving me soda…but I got through it..just give it a few days.. I went cold turkey. Hang in there!

Last edited by Bunnynicula; 02-12-2010 at 12:13 PM.
Bunnynicula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 12:58 PM   #7  

Height: 5'6''

I've heard from several ladies on here that the B12 really does help. I didn't deal with caffeine before, i barely drank it, so I'm no help there.

I'm gonna say be careful with the milk too. It won't be allowed once you're on plan. A little cheese might be the best plan for you. Or if you like the eggs prepared a different way you could try that. I poach them sometimes, or cook over easy or soft boil, hard boil.....whatever you like.
Hvnlymzic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 01:56 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 170/148/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindscounty View Post

Welcome! I fry my eggs in teflon pan coated with cooking spray and then empty them into a bowl and eat like a soft boiled egg. Sometimes I put them over toast. I'd stay away from the milk. Soda was the hardest part for me to give up. Hang in there! It is WORTH IT!
porchmom84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 02:21 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 277/210/175

Height: 6'0

I was a huge caffine junkie and have tried quitting before, but gave up due to the killer headaches. I quit cold turkey when I began MRC and the B12 combined with TONS of water really helped. I barely got a headache and I've been about 2 months at this point without caffine and I've adjusted fine.
SalaamDementia is offline   Reply With Quote