South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2010, 03:10 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Default Fantabolous Friday!

Welcome! I'm having a ball on SBD and can't wait till I achieve my goal. I've got no Valentine so I'll probably spend the day in bed. I'm a bit sad that I don't have work but I know it'll come. I'm doing well physically and mentally, haven't felt this good in years.
Old 02-12-2010, 03:28 AM   #2  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Aww FoodO! I thought I'd be the first today Can't sleep, having VDay blues myself. You'd think that after 5 years, someone you love and who loves you would know you enough to get you a thoughtful gift for any holiday. DW seems to have an issue in this department!

Plus, I worry about her driving to work tomorrow. I am able to work from home but she is not. Since she may get laid off next month, she wants to save her vacation for buy out so, she doesn't want to take the day off.

Anyway, I have a nice Sun-Mon (holiday here in the US) planned -- I am surprising her and we're staying at her favorite hotel, will do a lot of walking by the water and swimming, with a nice dinner to boot. And I got her a nook (Barnes and Noble electronic book reader) with my tax money. She hasn't even thought about VDay But enough complaining from me!

Anyway, I am going to go try to catch some Zzzzzs. Happy Friday Chicks! Thanks for starting the thread FO!
Old 02-12-2010, 03:32 AM   #3  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Morning, Okie! It's funny to have someone up at the same time as me. Usually it's not really morning here when I write "Good morning!" but today it's only 9:21! I'm sorry you feel down about Valentines Day. What if you did something special for your little sister? My mom always did something special for us on Valentines Day and I loved that. It made me feel special. Doing things for other people can definitely raise your spirits.

Jenn, Tom is no good at Valentines Day or anniversaries either. Every year I hope that he'll have a revelation and do something spectacular and every year he doesn't. I often get an anniversary card (our anniversary is in June) for my birthday in July because he forgot to give it to me on our anniversary. He once told me that he doesn't get me flowers because I said that I don't like flowers. WHAT? I do NOT recall saying that every in my life ever. I think he made it up in his head.

I had a really good workout this morning. It's the last time I have to do this particular workout, so that made me excited because it isn't my favorite one anyway. Next week I have a recovery week, with an extra yoga day and no strength workouts, and then I'm in the last month of this program. After the program is finished, I'm hoping it's warm enough that I can start running outside again.

I hesitated to even write this, because I know some of you want to lose a lot more than me and probably feel like slapping me for saying this, but I am feeling lumpy and bumpy and not like I'm making any progress. I think I need to start counting calories but I remember that as being so tedious and annoying, so I am dragging my feet about starting it again. But I would really like to lose more than a pound every six weeks. I know my goal is realistic because I got there just two years ago (when I had a lower goal). I'm not afraid to work hard. I just wish the hard work would equal faster rewards.

Last edited by tomandkara; 02-12-2010 at 03:34 AM.
Old 02-12-2010, 03:44 AM   #4  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Kara-

I hear you. I feel like I need to go back to Ph1 for a few days as I am not losing like I want to and feel like I am not getting my veggies and water in as well as I did on Ph1 (plus my GI issues had be eating 3 servings of grains a day and I know I am stalling because of it). Hang in there and hey, we all have our own battles - don't ever feel like you can't talk about your personal journey!

Last edited by jenne1017; 02-12-2010 at 03:44 AM.
Old 02-12-2010, 04:35 AM   #5  

Hey Kara! I agree wholehearted with Jenne! Your journey is important and you bring so much to the table. Your wit and kind words keep me on this board. U guys are sooooooo supportive and because of this, I know I will reach my goal soon. I've never had a boyfriend and I want to get married and have kids. I got stuff to do b4 then, I know I know! I'll see everyone later today.
Old 02-12-2010, 05:09 AM   #6  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Thanks, girls. That means a lot!
Old 02-12-2010, 05:27 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Aw! We are our own Valentines in here! I'm just a tad concerned about the non-sleeping beauties. Give yourselves a nap!

Jenne, I hope the drive to work isn't too horrendous and your DW comes through with a card at least. Okie, the boyfriend and kids will come in due course - first things first. Kara, nobody feels like slapping you since you are so supportive. I hope your body gets its act together soon.

My quiet day wasn't so quiet by noon. Three guys showed up to cut some junk trees in the dog yard. They were supposed to do it last spring but it was flooded so yesterday was the day. Chain saws are noisy darn things and the poor dogs had to stay on guard all afternoon. They'll be back today to tackle a monster tree beside the barn that has a dangerous lean to it.

Donna comes to clean this morning after I go to gym and I still have not finished clearing away the Christmas stuff upstairs. When you live by yourself, there is no pressure but I do feel guilty! I may go into overdrive and get it done before gym this morning.

Have a Fantabulous Friday!
Old 02-12-2010, 05:32 AM   #8  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Morning all!

We have a "snow day" today, so no school. It hasn't started snowing yet, but we do have a lot of very cold rain right now..brrrrrrr. We are off on Monday and Tuesday for Lundi Gras and Mardi Gras. We were supposed to have "Louisiana Day" at school. The kids spend the day rotating between classes for mini classes. I spent 2 weeks working on a powerpoint on the Wetlands. So, that has been moved to Wednesday...only 2 days of regular classes next week!!!

My daughter went back to L.A. yesterday morning. I miss her terribly, but glad she got out before the weather got bad. Have a great Friday, everyone.
Old 02-12-2010, 05:48 AM   #9  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Thanks for getting us started Okie. I think Kara's idea is great to do something special for your little sis! How old is she? I didn't have a true love until I was almost 30. Everything comes in its time.

Jenn, sorry to see you up so early. Hopefully you're sleeping right now. Your suprise for DW sounds very thoughtful. I found out years ago I needed to keep doing the thoughtful holiday things I did and let go of my expectations for reciprocation...it has improved over the years, too.

Kara, isn't it nice that you have such early risers lately! As to WL, we each follow our own path. Had I been as motivated as you way back when, I wouldn't be where I am now...but that's my path. I don't mind when you bring it up at all BTW.

Ruth, I hope you can plow through your project this morning and get on with your day. Thanks for your kind words so early.

Cat, nice to see you. Enjoy your snow day!

We're missing the doggies like crazy this morning. The kitty looks perplexed. We've got to be all ready by 7 and need some time. I'll check back in after a bit.
Old 02-12-2010, 05:53 AM   #10  

Lex, my little sister is 10. I will make her breakfast faves as a gift of love. I've been in love or thought I was in love with a man who proved to be fickle (sigh). Everything happens for a reason, so no worries. Enjoy your weekend ladies!
Old 02-12-2010, 06:01 AM   #11  
Be happy.

Good morning ladies!

Okie, it's great that you're feeling so good. I'm really happy for you.
Have you thought about substitute teaching while waiting/searching for the right job? We're always looking for good/qualified subs in our school district, and it's a good way to get a foot in the door.

Jenn and Kara, my husband has is not very good at remembering Valentines' Day, our anniversary or Mothers' Day either, (he often makes a quick trip to town AFTER he finds his gift/card on the breakfast table). But he treats me like I'm special and makes sure I know he loves me every day, so it's hard to get too worked up when he doesn't have a clue about a holiday.

Kara, I'm sorry you're so frustrated. I'm not sure what's going on with your body and I really hope the weight will start dropping more quickly very soon. In the meantime though, pull out those photos from Tom's promotion - you look amazing!

Ruth, last night as we were watching the news Fergie suddenly "noticed" I still have one of our Christmas decorations on the shelf above the piano. I keep saying I'll get to it, I'll get to it.... I missed it when I put the rest away and I've been busy and haven't felt like going up to the attic to get the boxes, yada, yada, yada.... Anyway, we decided last night we might just leave it there. lol Let people think we're eccentric! If they're concentrating on our Christmas decoration up in July they might not notice the things that are really odd about us.

Cat, enjoy your day off today - does this mean you have to go back to Valentines parties next week? I hope not!

I am sooooo glad it's Friday! lol This has been a very long week for the kindergarten - and we've still got to get through our valentine parties today. I sure am glad we've got a vacation next week!

Hi Debbie Have a safe, great trip!
Old 02-12-2010, 06:07 AM   #12  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

7 posts before I've had my first cup of coffee and it's not even a weekend?!

ETA - and 2 more while I was posting!!

Okie - I love your optimism in the morning. It takes me hours to work up that much energy My DD is just settling in with a serious bf at 29 but he is a great fit for her. When you are ready you are much more likely to meet the right person then when you are desperate. Keep working on being the best you can be and good things will come.

Jenn - Hope you are sound asleep now my friend. We aren't big holiday people around here so there won't be any V Day gifts. We do lots of spur of the moment gifts though and I kind of like that day to day appreciation better than the because it's a Hallmark holiday stuff. Doesn't matter though, if it's important to you I hope Nicole steps up and surprises you.
A 4 day weekend and a romantic evening sound wonderful.

Kara - I soooo feel the slow weight loss thing. I really do think it gets harder every time I gain a few lbs back and I wish I was more disciplined. I count reflexively now, because I use FitDay and just put stuff in there even when we go away. I'm having similar issues though because I know I need to cut down to 1200 strictly and I really am resisting that. I've enjoyed not being that close with my calories but I think that's the only way I'm getting rid of this weight. I lose a couple then they come right back. Very frustrating. Sorry to hijack your comments!
Do you do Valentine's Day stuff for your kids? My Mom was great at making us special things and still sends me cards.

Ruth - I'm glad they are getting those trees out before the ground thaws and there are spring snows. Also nice to have the work done before all your gardens and lawn grow. Hope you and the dogs get through the noise today.

Cat - Wow, snow there too! Hope it's very light and you just get to enjoy your extra long weekend. Sounds like you and DD had a really special, long visit

Debbie - Have a pleasant drive. I'm really going to miss seeing you every morning!

Heidi - Good luck today. My Mom is subbing today and was gearing up last night. I'm sure you will be more than ready for the week off tonight!

Today is a WFH day for me. I have a visit just a few minutes from my house in the middle of the day so it makes more sense to work here rather than spend all my work time driving up and down the highway. And if you are on Facebook you can probably tell that it's been a long week already

Of course I will get my laundry done, maybe a little cooking and some grocery shopping. If I don't get all my work done I can always squeeze an hour or two in on Monday.

It is a 3 day weekend for us too. Tomorrow we are going to the coast for an overnight. There aren't too many birds this time of year but it will be fun to be there anyway.

Hope your Friday is trouble free and turns into the weekend before you know it
Old 02-12-2010, 06:27 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

My goodness, so many posts already! And I wasn't even sleeping in!

Too many personals to reply to this morning, but I'm doing everything right and still the weight is hanging on to me with all it's might. I keep telling myself that at least I'm eating right and exercising and doing my body a lot of good, and eventually all this hard work will be rewarded.
We don't usually do anything special for ourselves for Valentine's Day, but Jake will occasionally surprise me with something special throughout the year, and he says I'm his Valentine all year long, so I'm good with that.
The schools are all closed again today, and Cindy's been asked to work all day at the clinic, so I have to go over early. I'm hoping the roads aren't too icy, but Jake's offered to drive me over and I may just take him up on it. It will mean not having a car all though. I think we'll be content to stay home and play in the snow all day, and there are some great hills on the farm for sledding. That should keep us busy.
Old 02-12-2010, 06:36 AM   #14  

Height: 5'8"

You guys will laugh when I tell you what my husband and I are getting each other for Valentines Day. We are going up to my parent's place this weekend, and near their home is a Dollar Tree. We had already planned to go there as DH needs reading glasses (I KEEP TELLING HIM he is ruining his eyes buying reading glasses at Dollar Tree), but last night we decided we would each take $5 and buy each other presents there - nothing 'useful,' (although there is so much useful at DT), but romantic, funny gifts. I'll let you all know what we get!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 02-12-2010, 06:59 AM   #15  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

FoodO - Your SB cheerfulness is great!

Jenn- Your weekend sounds lovely... and like it is not in DC!

Kara - I feel the same and also don't have much to lose. Today I felt physically fatter... what is with that? I have not cheated, I am slowly upping exercise. My theory is that I have done horrible things to my metabolism with all my yo-yo years and it is paying me back now. Let me know, please, if you find something that works for you.

Ruth - My head is splitting just reading about the chain saws!

Cat - So sorry that you miss your daughter already - but that just means you have a wonderful relationship. Luck you.

Debbie - Have a safe trip! We'll miss you.

Heidi - Enjoy your party at school. For us, the room moms ran them and the teachers got to sit back and relax and take a breather.

Cyndi - Your weekend sounds lovely, once you get through the busy day. Someday I will need to find chicks on FB.

Cottage - My DH said the same thing one year... when he intended to send me flowers the day BEFORE the holiday but never got around to it. I gave him points just for the sentiment. Drive (you or Jake) carefully.

Mmc - I think your idea is cute - and creative.

Yikes - every time I think I can publish this a new chick popped in. Busy morning here.

Okay - since so much VD talk, I will admit that I am a Scrooge. DH and I buy cards but nothing else anymore. I am cheap and pragmatic and he is happy to be off the hook. I was always torn when he got me flowers - lovely gesture vs. a waste of money. See what I mean!? I have also always referred to it as a Hallmark holiday. And never liked the pressure of society dictating my romantic relationship. Back when we did gifts for holidays and anniversaries, DH was very bad in his choices. So this works better for us. Oh - for years he forgot to buy cards so he would write me a love letter at the last minute for all events... I still have them. Very sweet, but it drove me crazy that he did it because he didn't plan ahead!

Catch you later. Happy Friday.
Closed Thread