Old 02-08-2010, 12:01 AM   #1  
It's OK to be hungry

S/C/G: 297/T/170

Height: 5'3"

Default Fiber Question

Hi! I'm a new WW. Lost a lot of weight a few years back on a popular low carb plan, but I need something that is easier for me to stick with long term, obviously lol

I've been counting my points, and doing pretty well with keeping in my range, and also doing some low impact exercises daily. I'm worried that I'm not getting enough fiber. At the end of the day my fiber count is usually around 20-ish grams, and I'd like to get it up to 50. I've started taking some fiber supplements. I'm wondering if anyone else does the same?

Any other WW find it hard to hit their daily fiber grams without a supplement? Am I doing something wrong?

TIA
roxmysox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 09:04 AM   #2  
Warning 3FC Addict

S/C/G: 256.6/225.2/155-ish

Height: 5'11"

There's a daily fiber gram amount?

News to me. Do you do meetings? I'd ask a leader. But if you don't hopefully one of these posters can help. Are you using the current program? If you don't, that may be why I'm so confused and unhelpful.

Last edited by zanheltangia; 02-08-2010 at 09:04 AM. Reason: typo
zanheltangia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 04:32 PM   #3  

Daily fiber recommendations are 25 grams, not 50. Anything over that is a bonus. Don't foreget, fiber supplements have calories and will have to be counted.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 06:32 PM   #4  
natalie

S/C/G: 260/171.2/145

Height: 5'7"

Oh man if you eat 50 g of fiber a day you're gonna have a Hiroshima in the toilet lol. But seriously, I think you're doing fine. If you want more fiber, eat Fiber One cereal in the morning with blueberries. That alone is like 16 g of fiber or something. I found a list of the highest fiber foods, picked the ones I liked, and kept them in the house. Now fiber is no problem.
oodlesofnoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 07:55 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 165/140/125

Height: 5'6"

I tend to average around 40 grams of fiber a day. Mostly, I eat a lot of veggies and some fruit, whole wheat pasta, double fiber whole wheat bread, and happen to love Kashi cereal and bars, and I usually give myself a treat mid-day of a Kellogs fiber plus bar (they are 9g of fiber and taste like a candy bar). I think I have increased my fiber intake just by being on the plan and looking for lower points options to eat. If you are hungry and staying on plan I think you will end up eating more fiber just to stay on plan because the higher fiber foods are lower in points and more filling. Just keep with it and you will get there. I think the upper limit you should have for a day is 60 - 65 grams but you should aim for at least 25 grams minimum.
druidgirl is offline   Reply With Quote