Old 02-06-2010, 01:25 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 219/172/160

Height: 5' 4"

Default Fish & Coffee Creamer

TILAPIA

I never was great at cooking fish and was so thrilled to discover High Liner's frozen tilapia loins at Costco. They taste like halibut and are so easy to make. I bake mine frozen on a cookie sheet at 400 for 32 minutes. Before putting in the oven, spray the top of the fish with Pam so the seasoning will stick, then I smother them with my favorite Mrs. Dash and spray lightly again. The fish varies in size but is roughly 3.5 oz once baked. I am on the beige menu which is 6 oz of protein so I usually make 2 and then whatever is over 6 oz you can have the next day as part of your protein.

Coffee Creamer

When I started MRC I asked what kind of coffee creamer I could use and they told me to buy their ready made vanilla shakes and keep one in the refrigerator. The taste was good but I noticed quite a few of them got all lumpy before I had finished using it. So, while at the store I checked out creamers and have fallen in love with Sugarfree French Vanilla Coffe-mate Creamer. 1 T has 1 fat gram, 1 carb gram and 0 sugar. I don't even need a full tablespoon. It is less in fat/carbs than what they allow for salad dressing.
Helen ready to lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 01:51 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 240/199/160

Height: 5'6

Music to my ears!!!!!
gerdes9195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 02:35 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 209/150/155

Height: 5'6.5"

I too have missed my coffee cream and have used the ready to drink van. from MRC...It's OK, but like you say it gets a little lumpy. This past week I tried some Fat Free Half & Half. Pretty tasty with only 20 calories. I also use the vanilla flavored splenda packets. This is my first off program item so I was scared....but I used it every day and I still lost 1.5# and I enjoyed my coffee once again. I'm sure the staff at MRC would not go for it, so I did not tell them.
Imagine....feeling sneaky about using fat free anything....
Roadqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 03:40 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 170/148/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen ready to lose View Post
TILAPIA

I never was great at cooking fish and was so thrilled to discover High Liner's frozen tilapia loins at Costco. They taste like halibut and are so easy to make. I bake mine frozen on a cookie sheet at 400 for 32 minutes. Before putting in the oven, spray the top of the fish with Pam so the seasoning will stick, then I smother them with my favorite Mrs. Dash and spray lightly again. The fish varies in size but is roughly 3.5 oz once baked. I am on the beige menu which is 6 oz of protein so I usually make 2 and then whatever is over 6 oz you can have the next day as part of your protein.

Coffee Creamer

When I started MRC I asked what kind of coffee creamer I could use and they told me to buy their ready made vanilla shakes and keep one in the refrigerator. The taste was good but I noticed quite a few of them got all lumpy before I had finished using it. So, while at the store I checked out creamers and have fallen in love with Sugarfree French Vanilla Coffe-mate Creamer. 1 T has 1 fat gram, 1 carb gram and 0 sugar. I don't even need a full tablespoon. It is less in fat/carbs than what they allow for salad dressing.
I've been really missing coffee creamer. THANK YOU. And yes, I love the tilapia too.
porchmom84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 09:31 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 152/135/130

Height: 5'2"

I haven't missed the coffee too much...guess I wasn't as addicted as I thought. I used to always use Trader Joe's Fat Free Vanilla Half and Half.

I'm lucky enough to live in the Pacific Northwest where we have phenomenal fresh seafood, but I'll keep the Costco Tilapia in mind...it would be nice to have some in the freezer for backup!
katwmn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 10:11 PM   #6  
Still feelin fat

S/C/G: 268.5/238.5/175

Height: 5/10

Be careful on some of that fish you buy. A lot of the fish that is sold frozen is from China/Thailand/etc.

On the coffee creamer, I use the powdered stuff.
GettinSkinnyWithIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 08:51 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 320/ticker/197

Height: 5'2"

I love the frozen Tilapia. I've never been a fish person, but lately I'm loving it. I make it with melba toast and parmesean cheese.. almost like fried fish. it's the receipe out of the MRC cookbook.. I just love it. I could eat it all the time. I've even started ordering tilapia at resturants.. I never ever would have ordered fish at a restuarant before..

I was totally addicted to coffee before MRC. I had to quit cold turkey. I will keep in mind the creamer though.. That sounds yummy when you need a little coffee taste.
MEEZOOGIRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 11:27 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 193.0/185.0/140.0

Height: 5'1

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by katwmn1 View Post
I haven't missed the coffee too much...guess I wasn't as addicted as I thought. I used to always use Trader Joe's Fat Free Vanilla Half and Half.

I'm lucky enough to live in the Pacific Northwest where we have phenomenal fresh seafood, but I'll keep the Costco Tilapia in mind...it would be nice to have some in the freezer for backup!
I also live in Portland, and you are right about the fresh seafood we can get.. I feel pretty fortunate about that. My sister in law lives in Colorado and has a hard time getting fresh fish. Says she would move back here just for that reason <G>..
Cheers!

Ronnie
RonnieAdl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 02:36 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 240/199/160

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen ready to lose View Post
TILAPIA

Coffee Creamer

Is the creamer a powder of one you get in the dairy section?
gerdes9195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 10:57 AM   #10  

I use the one in the dairy. For some reason the powder gave me the runs. I know, TMI
Old 02-10-2010, 02:50 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 210.5/160/130

Height: 5'3"

i didn't even realize that the creamer has the same carbs as salad dressing. if i was using creamer i would eat less starch in the morning.
skinnyby25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 07:39 PM   #12  

MRC told me I could use their readymade vanilla shake in my coffee every morning as a freebie and to just keep the shake in the refrigerator. I just substituted a creamer that had less sugar etc in it than their shake did. I didn't give up anything and it didn't slow down my weight loss. I only use about 1 T day.