Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-04-2010, 12:54 PM   #1  
On My Way To Skinny

S/C/G: 239/239/130

Height: 5'5.5"

Smile Im a new chickie on the block

Hello All,

Well I'm new to posting, But have been coming here and reading the post here for a while. Well a little about my self I have been overweight for about 12 years I never had a weight problem before that. But I did make the Choice to become overweight. I got so sick and tired of watching what I ate back then now granted I didn't eat healthy at all I just wanted to eat what ever I wanted at any occasion. I have tried a few diets over the years but I just couldn't stick with them. Then about 5 year ago I was at my heaviest weight of 244. So I went on the South Beach Diet I did it faithfully for 1 1/2 years and lost 50 pound and then started to gain weight. I got angry and quit I didn't understand why I gained when I was being so faithful. I now realize it was because even though I was eating right I was eating to much of the right foods.
So here I am now Hoping, Wishing, Waiting to be thin again. Well It's not going to happen if I don't DECIDE and DO something about it. I have to make that Choice just like I did 12 years ago, but this time a Choice to be Healthy, thin and Care about me. So Yes it most certainly is a CHOICE.. With all that being said I would love to Give, Get Support. I love to read all the success stories like LoriBell, Thighs be Gone, Lori259, OnederChic, Rockinrobin just to name a few. Thanks for your inspiration. Can't wait to meet more of you all..Have a Great day!!
MyJourney2Slim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 01:06 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 250 / 185 / 150

Height: 5'10"

welcome and congrats to committing yourself to a healthier you!

i love to hear that some people just have so much motivation in their words when they decide to become healthier. watching other people have so much enthusiasm gives me more enthusiasm about it. i'm already more than half way to my goal, but there's times when i just get so upset with myself, especially those weeks when i don't even lose a single pound, or end up 'gaining' from being bloated, etc. i love coming on here and reading other people's stories.. it lets me know that although i may physically be alone in my weight loss journey, i'm not completely alone. there's lot of others out there going through similar things that i am.

when we all work together...support each other... and give each other motivation, we can ALL achieve our goals!
SuperMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 01:18 PM   #3  
On My Way To Skinny

S/C/G: 239/239/130

Height: 5'5.5"

SuperMom, Thanks for the warm welcome! I know what you mean about feeling alone but I am also learning that were not. Congrats on being half way to goal, Wow I can't wait until I'm there.. Have a Great Day!!
MyJourney2Slim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 02:44 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 250 / 185 / 150

Height: 5'10"

thanks for the congrats

and don't worry, soon we'll all be celebrating YOU getting to your half-way mark!
SuperMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 02:50 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 185/156/145

Height: 5 ft. 4 inches

I think most of us have lost, gained, lost, gained. I think we probably all have come to the conclusion that it has to be a commitment we stick with for Life! This is a Great place to come to for Hope & Encouragement! Lots of good Info at this site!
llmw1951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 01:06 AM   #6  
Weigh Down Yonder

Hi MyJourney2Slim!
Hey, so many of us here have lost only to gain it back (& somethimes more) but you're here, now and that will make a big difference - the support you need is here - we'll all be here to cheer you on.

Glad to have you join us! There are lots & lots of different groups and forums - I'm sure you'll find some that will keep you motivated and inspired. Try the weight loss support forums, they're active and very helpful - also the Success stories are a definite must for motivation. Check out the South Beach forum, if that's the plan you're following again - there's some wonderful people with great advice, recipes and support.

There are bunches of people here with more to lose and some with less - the bottom line is that we all have to do it a day at a time. The good thing is that we'll have lots of company along the way.

I've only been here since last fall, having NEVER been part of an online forum. What has been so eye-opening is how much it has helped me. Whenever I feel overwhelmed or defeated, I just log on and read some of the success stories, complete with their before & after photos - or read about others still dealing day to day with their challenges - and before I know it, the time has flown by and so have all the thoughts of going off track or giving up. It has made all the difference in my success so far.

So welcome - you've found the right place - join in by inspiring us and being inspired!

All the best - good luck with your goals,
Lee

leeway is offline   Reply With Quote