Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2002, 11:40 AM   #1  
Teacher Lady

Default What's your motivation right now?

What is motivating you right now to lose weight?

I've lost almost 70 pounds on Weight Watchers over the past year. My current motivation is a trip to Cuba in February. I'll be damned if I'm going there without losing some more weight.

What's keeping you going at this particular time?
Thanks for sharing.
Old 08-16-2002, 12:09 PM   #2  

Wow, Spinksy, Cuba!? How exciting. I hear they have wonderful music ... so of course, you'll want to be ready to dance! Major kudos to you for losing 70 pounds!

Re: motivation, although I'm at my WW goal (100 pounds off!) I very much want to reach a personal goal of 13 pounds and one size less. My motivation for now is a cruise that our whole family will take on Thanksgiving. I want to wear size 8 clothes, dance, snorkel, and keep up with my ultra-fit sister in the ship's fitness center!
Old 08-16-2002, 01:30 PM   #3  
WW Lifetime Member

I'm eyeing up the size 8s!! I wore a 14/16, then I bought a pair of size 12 jeans, now WAY too big! Woo hoo!! I was beyond ecstatic when I got my new size 10s, (one pair of size 10 PETITE!), and now, I'm thinking the single digits look pretty good!! LOL But, seriously, my motivation is my 2 year old son. . . I want to be able to run/play/climb with him at the playground.

Trina
Old 08-16-2002, 10:37 PM   #4  

Talking Motivation

What motivates me is getting together with a bunch old friends from a 3FC Website that was discontinued off this board a while ago.

We got together for lunch, coming from places like New Orleans and Pennsylvania. The farthest was Canada.

We met at one of the girls homes here in Ohio. Not only did we have a great On Program lunch with plenty of water to drink, fresh fruit salad and a special WW Chicken Salad, but we made Weight Watcher Bracelets!!

There's nothing like good friends being together and motivating one another!!

Thanks Girls (And you know who you are!!!!!!)
Old 08-19-2002, 03:29 PM   #5  

I am getting married on December 28th and I just want to feel god that day. I know if I don't try and do something about the last few pounds I need to lose than I am going to obesses about how I look that day.

4 months to go!!!!
Old 08-19-2002, 10:09 PM   #6  

My motivation had just been to get back to my personal goal --some 40 lbs. away. But last week we learned that my husband has not only high BP & cholesterol, but also diabetes. Now I am really motivated to help my whole family be healthier!!
Closed Thread