Old 01-20-2010, 08:43 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 325/293.8/150

Height: 5'4"

Default Recently diagnosed

I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes on Dec 22, 2009. I am on a wait list for an appointment at the diabetes centre - and I have been told there is a 3 month wait! I have been reading books and websites for information but I must say I am very happy to find this form. I stepped on the scales back in October and was 325lbs! When I was diagnosed I was 312 and decided I haad serious changes to make. I am now down to 297!

I will be joining WW this week and am doing my best to follow a healthy balanced diet. Right now I am not on meds but my doctor may change that - I bring a record of my glucose monitoring in every week.

I have been reading and have found that there is a lot of information in these forums. I hope not only will I find support from all you but that I may lend my support as well!

Trinie
trinie75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 10:34 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Trinie, a big to this part of the 3FC Forum. I'm glad you found us. Congratulations on your weightloss so far.

WW is a good program to follow. Your appointment with your diabetes group will eventually happen but, in the meantime, there is lots of information here and on other parts of the web.

Please join us in our Keep In Touch thread where we share thoughts and ideas.

Once again ....
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 10:36 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

AND....another Canadian! Newfoundland is one of my favourite places in the world.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 07:16 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 325/293.8/150

Height: 5'4"

Thanks for the welcome Ruth! I love Ontario as well....DH and I will have a chance to take in some of winterlude this year - and skate on the canal. It will be our first Winter trip to Ontario for both of us!

I am quite sure a beaver tail would send my sugars into overdrive - but I will induldge in just one bite of DH's!!! (For those who don't know a beaver tail is actually a pastry that tastes like a little bit of heaven)
trinie75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 10:56 PM   #5  
Proud Y Chromosome Member

S/C/G: 285/231/under 150 (normal BMI)

Height: 5'5"

Default Welcome To The Club

Great job on the weight loss so far. You will find plenty of info and support here.
diabetic z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 02:47 PM   #6  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

TRINIE to the Diabetes Forum ~ on moving down into Twonieland ... next stop, onederland! Since you are Canadian too, you should get that one ... toonieland ...

Yes, do drop by our daily chat thread here called, "KEEPIN' IN TOUCH". The best thing to do is to come by regular, as it helps keep you AWARE, and ACCOUNTABLE, and ACTIVE ... in your new journey towards good health!
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 11:27 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 250/187.2/160

Height: 5'8"

Welcome to the group Trinie!! I too was just recently diagnosed with Type 2 at the beginning of December .. so Im on a new journey also .. its wonderful to have found so many supportive people to help along the way =)
peatpod is offline   Reply With Quote