Old 01-17-2010, 03:19 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 242.6/198.8/145

Height: 5'4''

Default Anyone have a Fitness Game recommendation?

I am thinking of buying a WII tomorrow but i don't know what game to get, they have several for weight loss
Phoenixsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 07:24 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 190/190/155

Height: 5'10"

I have the Wii Fit Plus (thanks to a generous SIL), and I LOVE it! It does give a workout, and it's a lot of fun.

I've heard the EA Active Sports (I think it's called that) - is really high intensity. I'm not ready for that yet.

I've not had any "loss" with the Wii Fit Plus, but I feel a lot better, and I'm hoping measuring today will show me why

Be careful though, the Wii taunts you. Every day, it tells me, "That's overweight!", and I tell it to shove it.

My friends also like "Just Dance".
booker81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 09:19 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 264/260.5/150

Height: 5'6"

I have Wii Fit Plus, which is fun and helps you track your weight. I also have EA Sports Active, which gives a better work out and once you get past the first few days is doable. The first 2 days of the 30 day challenge on it, I thought I was going to die because my legs hurt so bad, but now I really enjoy it.
ToriLeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 10:35 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 250/ticker/170

Height: 6'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker81 View Post
Be careful though, the Wii taunts you. Every day, it tells me, "That's overweight!", and I tell it to shove it.
i tell my wii that everyday too! it starts you out looking nice and skinny, then as the bmi bar goes up, you just get fatter

i have the wii fit plus. it was fun for a while, but then it got very monotonous and boring. i still use it for weigh in, and i do the step aerobics every now and then.

i have the biggest loser game, and that gets me sweating really quick. i like it, but i find it hard to do the push ups, my hands keep slipping on the wii balance board. anyone have any recommendations on stopping the hand slipping?

i have the wii ea active enroute to me. i've heard excellent things about it, so im hoping that i wont find it monotonous like i did the wii fit plus.

i'm also all for checking out some dance games to add a little variety as "non-organized" cardio
fiveminutes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 10:45 AM   #5  
A Whole New World

S/C/G: 172/ticker/122

Height: 5'4"

I have Wii Fit and I absolutely love it. I use it every day and I end up sweating like a pig (obviously it depends on how much tim you put into different activities - I mostly do the running and stepping activities which really work up a sweat). It really works for me. It tracks my weight loss almost exactly the same as the scales and I am really grateful for it, especially at this time of year as it has meant I can stay inside where it is warm and still do a good workout. I’m dying to get my hands on Wii Fit Plus.

Other than that I would also say go for some dance games. I find that many fitness games like My Fitness Coach for example (which I own) are tedious and boring. I’d go for something that isn’t exactly a fitness game but that still gives you a good workout. I’ve heard some good reviews for Just Dance which I am hoping to buy eventually. I also enjoy Punch Out which is a boxing game but is really good fun and works out the arms really well.

Last edited by BeautyandtheBeast; 01-17-2010 at 10:51 AM.
BeautyandtheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 11:50 AM   #6  
Almost there

S/C/G: 210/147/145

I like Jillian Michael's Fitness Ultimatum 2010. There are around 15-20 different exercises, 6 preset circuits plus the ability to make 6 of your own, and a resolution feature where you can either choose a premade one or design your own. The resolutions are long term exercise programs. I'm doing one now that lasts two months, and I have to do the program on Wednesdays, Fridays, and Sundays. Which reminds me... I need to go do my Sunday workout!
Kirjava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 04:27 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

I have wii fit, ea sports active, and my personal trainer. The EA sports active is the best workout so far, and I actually am enjoying it! Something I'm willing to do over and over! I'm seeing a little bit of a loss so far, nothing huge, but I'm also not dieting either. I'd definitely buy it know what I know now - I got it as a gift.

-Aimee

Last edited by SwimGirl; 01-17-2010 at 04:27 PM.
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 10:11 PM   #8  
ShredMamaShred

S/C/G: 175/168/150

Height: 5'10

I have Biggest Loser which I really like, you can choose the difficulty level and time length of your workout which it nice when you just want to get a quick burn in.
I also have Gold's Gym Cardio Blast which is basically a boxing game and after the first night in tears because I couldn;t figure out the moves, I love it! It is fun and a good workout.
Also have Dance Dance Revolution Hottest Party 3. I was worried when I first got it if I would actually do it but I do it all the time. It even has a workout mode where you can pick how many cals you want to burn and then you pick songs to dance to to workout. It is sooo fun and I can't dance at all!
JessiHarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 10:57 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 242.6/198.8/145

Height: 5'4''

Thanks Everyone, i settled on just a normal workout video for now because i just couldn't bring myself too spend 300$ on a game to work out, thats more then my gym membo was

I appreciate all the recommendations though
Phoenixsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 04:22 AM   #10  
Chubby Chick

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5,4

I just brought gold's gym cardio workout. and my arms were killing me after the first day. and now that I'm doing the ducking and weaving parts my thighs are so sore.

i have wii fit and EA active more workouts. Wii fit really is for light days only. EA active is a good workout. but I find EA active to be a bit boring.
helwa588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 04:49 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 305/ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

I enjoy the Wii fit plus for the balance exercises, which I don't really get with walking/biking, etc. If I did yoga, probably wouldn't need Wii fit, but yoga is a bit beyond me right now. I do enjoy playing with my sweetie sometimes. We laugh our butts off doing the obstacle course (getting flattened) and flying like a bird (hard work!) and heading soccer balls. Also, I do enjoy the Wii sports - our living area has been declared a "lamp free" zone when I play tennis.

Last edited by Sskar; 01-27-2010 at 04:50 AM.
Sskar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 09:37 AM   #12  

Height: 5'9

I really recommend the Wii Fit plus. The nice thing about it is that it has so many activities, I can cater the intensity of my workout for the day depending on which activities I decide to do.

And as a bonus, having someone watch my posture when doing yoga/strength training is awesome!
OneStepAtATime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 10:46 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 277/210/175

Height: 6'0

I got a Wii and Wii Fit for Christmas and I'm already sort of bored with Wii Fit. I use it to weight in, run, and stepping. Its good to play when I'm tired and know I need to keep moving and it has helped my balance quite a bit.

I got EA Active and I love it. I certainly can be tough, but I like that. I don't get bored with it and I'm sure to get tired and sweaty by the end of a 30 minute workout. Plus its something I don't get too terribly bored with which is always good.
SalaamDementia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 12:00 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 225/217.2/130

lol @ Booker81. Like when you step on the balance board and it goes "oh." STFU!

I have been using Wii Fit Plus. I like it because there are so many options on there AND it tracks everything. I'm a stats person, so I <3 the graph.

I also have Jillian Michaels Fitness Ultimatum 2009 (only because it came with the Wii board). I used it for the first time tonight. You know you're in for it when the first thing she says to you is "You know who's game this is, right?" Yeah...I got about 6 minutes into it after I quit. You don't get credit for quitting either unlike Wii Fit Plus.
thelastmartinis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 11:46 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/140

I love my EA Active Personal Trainer game. I have completed the 30 day challenge and feel a big difference in how my body feels.

I get up at 5am every weekday and use it and have so much energy now during the day.

I have lost 16lbs since New Years and now have started watching my eating as well as working out. I'm on a 1500 calorie a day diet and so we'll see where that gets me!

I'm hoping for another 15lbs by the end of April so I can say goodbye to the 200's!

Tamara
tamaraj is offline   Reply With Quote