Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-12-2010, 10:27 AM   #1  
Kara

S/C/G: 375/see ticker/185

Height: 5'10''

Default I'm new again...and need some advice!

Hey everybody! I haven't been on here in a long time, but I think the key to me being successful for the last time may be in finding some support and a place for a little venting at times.

I have been successful in the past at losing weight and have just recently lost another 45 lbs, but now I'm stuck. I can't seem to drop anymore. I'm thinking of increasing my cardio to 45 min - 1 hr. and skipping/decreasing the weight lifting for a bit. My calories I try to keep between 1600 and 1800 and I only eat real foods at this point.

Does anyone have any advice for breaking out of a plateau, it seem so strange to me to plateau when I still have over a 100 lbs to go, but I guess it can happen.

I'm so glad to be back on here...can't wait to read about everyone's successes and help others in any way I can.
koceank29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 08:28 PM   #2  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

Glad you rejoined us!

Sometimes we just get stuck and pushing through it is enough. Other times, folks have to up the exercise, change the exercise, or raise or lower their calories. It's hard to know what will work for you until you experiment. Good luck and congrats on your great progress!
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 12:56 AM   #3  
Weigh Down Yonder

Hi Koceank!
Congrats on your success so far - -the support you need is here - we'll all be here to cheer you on.

Glad to have you back with us! Try a search with the word plateau - it will bring up all the posts about this - I know I have read many that give different reasons and possible solutions, perhaps it will be helpful to you as well. Also be sure to check out the Success stories, they are a definite must for motivation.

There are bunches of people here with more to lose and some with less - the bottom line is that we all have to do it a day at a time. The good thing is that we'll have lots of company along the way.

I've only been here since last fall, having NEVER been part of an online forum. What has been so eye-opening is how much it has helped me. Whenever I feel overwhelmed or defeated, I just log on and read some of the success stories, complete with their before & after photos - or read about others still dealing day to day with their challenges - and before I know it, the time has flown by and so have all the thoughts of going off track or giving up. It has made all the difference in my success so far.

So welcome back - you're in the right place - jump right back in by inspiring us and being inspired!

All the best - good luck with your goals,
Lee

leeway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 01:07 AM   #4  
here we go again

S/C/G: 154/145/126

Height: 5'4

welcome back sweetie. I too have just returned today after a long hiatus. Im actually 6lbs heavier than my start weight when i first got here lol but im looking forward to starting over.

I dont have any advice for overcoming the platau other than trying new things like someone suggested earlier. But motivating people comes with the cheer coach territory so im always good for that :-)

Good luck x
cheercoach0101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 01:44 PM   #5  
Mind-Mouth-Muscle-Motion

S/C/G: 274/ticker/174

Height: 5'10"

Welcome!

Hang in there with your calorie counting and exercise. Eventually your weight will budge. Make sure you are counting your calories accurately though. Measuring and weighing are essential to calorie counting.

Welcome again, and good luck! You can do it!
Judy Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote