Exercise! - Wii Fit Plus question

View Full Version : Wii Fit Plus question

time2lose
01-06-2010, 12:32 PM
I got a Wii for Christmas. I want to get the Wii Fit Plus combo with the board but have a concern. I have heard that it gives your weight. Is there anyway to set it to not announce your weight? I would be using it in the family room and really only want it to tell me my weight when I choose.

I also want to encourage my son (grown) to use it and I don't think that he wants me to know how much he weighs either.

Thanks!

HadEnough
01-06-2010, 12:44 PM
not sure about that, but you can password protect that portion so it is not available to everyone that uses it.

cabinwife
01-06-2010, 12:45 PM
It will show your weight on the screen but it won't announce it out loud. I just made my husband leave the room when I set mine up. It doesn't show your weight everytime you step on it to workout though, just to set up your profile. Good luck and enjoy!

Talina
01-06-2010, 01:26 PM
I'm not sure if Plus does the weigh in like the original. If so it doesn't normally show your weight unless you click on it to. The weigh in gives you a BMI number. You should be able to skip the weigh in all together if you want.

time2lose
01-06-2010, 08:20 PM
Thank you, this really helps!

ToriLeigh
01-06-2010, 09:46 PM
I thought the exact same thing. Mine is password protected and I never do a body test when my husband is near. I can't wait for the day when I don't mind him knowing what I weigh.

randomcards
01-06-2010, 10:11 PM
I have the Wii Fit Plus. It will show your BMI when you do the daily check in, but it will not show your weight unless you click on a button after the test. You can also skip this without impacting anything, if you want to do it less often or when no one's around.

I will say I don't think it is a great workout in terms of cardio. Good stretching/yoga, muscle stuff, and it's the games are fun and slightly physical (or in the case of hula hoop or cycling very intense).

But overall I got EA Sports Active More Workouts and it is far superior to work up a sweat. If you are looking to replace the gym for a day (which I wouldn't ever choose to do with a video game) I would do EA Sports Active. If you are looking for something that is fun and gets you going a bit on days you work out instead of vegging out in front of the TV, Wii Fit is better.