Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 12-30-2009, 11:29 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 267/ticker/145

Height: 5'9"

Default Threading hair removal

so, i hit my 10% mini goal a week or so ago, so I set out to find a suitable non-food reward.

I decided to go to the threading place at the mall near me to try that form of hair removal on my brows. It cost me 11$, plus a tip, and I loved it!!!

The girl was really nice, and shaped my brows fantastically. It hurt about as much as tweezing, and took about 15 minutes. plus: I feel sexy!! (except that my son got me sick so i feel gross) I can't wait to feel better, slap some make-up on, and go out!

it was a great reward!!
medinazarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 11:54 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 229/220/170

Height: 6'0'

I love getting mine threaded--I think it lasts longer than waxing, at least for me. Congrats!
chickybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 06:05 AM   #3  
Shrinkin' Salsa :P

S/C/G: 127/122/72 (kg)

I'm going to see if there's a place here where I can get my eyebrows done. I've seen youtube clips of how to do it, but I'd like to be pampered!
salsa chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 02:25 PM   #4  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

I've been wanting to try this for awhile now, but I've been too scared. I need my brows reshaped. I overplucked, and now they look uneven. I guess I should just get over being a chicken and just do it. I mean..I used to wax my brows all the time..so this should be like nothing now, lol.
Shopaholic1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 11:41 AM   #5  
Positive Focus

S/C/G: 225/ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

I've had it done a couple of times and really like it. I will say the last time that I think she thinned me out too much. Overall, it hurts a little less than plucking, is cheaper and lasts longer than waxing and I usually really like the results. It's a mall quickie in/out for us, though so I wouldn't call it pampering.
BeachBreeze2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 12:00 PM   #6  
Stay true till the finish

S/C/G: HW/169 SW/157 CW/144.0 GW/129

Height: 5'4

Once I started the threading, I never went back to waxing! It always broke my skin out and I turned red it looked like someone smacked me in the forehead with a 2x4. The threading looks more neat and nicely shaped to me, and does last longer. (much less painful too)
jennsreadytolose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 07:00 PM   #7  
Tonya

S/C/G: 172/164/135

Height: 5' 7"

That's funny, I had that done about a year ago and thought it hurt pretty bad. Much worse that waxing. Although I have to admit that we had been in the process of moving to a new State and my brows were REALLY overgrown so she had A LOT to remove. The place I went was about 40 min. from my little town so I haven't been back to try it again. I did like the way it turned out when she was done.
trcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 05:33 AM   #8  
Really maintaining now!

S/C/G: 375.6/low 160s maintaining

Height: 6'

I LOVE threading, and will never, ever go back to waxing. I have very fair, sensitive skin, and I get a lot of puffiness and redness for at least several hours after I get it done, and it can be pretty painful when my threader is shaping the underside of my brows, but it is still so worth it. I could never achieve the same sharp definition by myself, using tweezers, and the wax actually irritated my skin more than threading does, but really, I am OK with looking puffy and red for a couple of hours.
catherinef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 10:14 AM   #9  

I love threading too. I wish I could find someone near me that does it though. I did it myself last time and it took me forever because I kept twisting my hand the wrong way. I found it hurts me way less than waxing or plucking does.
DianaG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 09:47 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 267/ticker/145

alot of the malls near me have threading hair removal "shops", That's in the celveland area. also there is a tool you can get to thread on your own that is like a micro-spring with handles, i cant remember waht it's called, but i think it was kind of inexpensize.
medinazarley is offline   Reply With Quote