Old 12-28-2009, 11:40 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 285/255/150

Height: 5'7

Default boo

sorta bummed...I am 25 and 265 lbs....which means I have over 100 lbs to lose to be a "normal" weight...with loose skin and stretch marks...I have pretty much kissed bikinis good-bye...How did i not see how i ruined my body? Do you ever think that...how did I put on sooooo much weight and not think about what I was doing to myself! Sorry total debbie downer but its sorta a bitter sweet feeling cuz i need/have/want to lose the weight...but what if I am still miserable in the finished product?...
want2bdgl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 11:43 PM   #2  
Here We Go

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5'7"

I worry about the same thing. But to be honest, I'd rather be healthy and miserable than unhealthy and miserable. I honestly feel *I'd* be happier if I were to lose weight. You'll never really know how you'll feel til you get there.
t0rn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 11:50 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 285/255/150

Thats very true! I know i will feel better if I can get the weight off! Its just a sad thought I had...
want2bdgl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 11:54 PM   #4  
Here We Go

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5'7"

It's completely understandable. It's a sad thought me and my cousin talk about rather often. But we always figure it's better to get there than to not.

*hugs* try not to worry yourself.
t0rn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 12:28 AM   #5  
on the way to skinny

S/C/G: 278/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Honestly, I'm super afraid of the loose skin and everything. For a long time I was mad at myself for ruining my body, but then I realized that if I wanted to succeed at the weight loss, I needed to change my attitude. I'd love to wear a bikini, and maybe someday I'll be able to say screw it and just wear it and enjoy myself even with loose skin...

but right now my loose skin isn't that bad. I'm hoping in a year or so it will tighten up on it's own. =D
DivineFidelity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 01:04 AM   #6  
Losing weight since 2009

S/C/G: 310/138/132

I know what you mean. I'm barely 2/3 of the way to my goal and I have saggy skin that will be a permanent reminder of my past decisions. I definitely have debbie downer days too, and I worry about what my body will look like once all the weight is off. The excess skin on my stomach right now is pretty darn scary and I still want to lose 60 lbs, it's difficult to imagine what I'll look like at my goal

I try to have a realistic image of myself at my goal weight (some seriously saggy skin on my stomach, thighs, arms, hopefully nowhere else, lol). I've had to let go of the idea that by losing weight I'll get that 'perfect' body I've always wanted. Right now I'm losing weight to be healthy. I'd rather be at a healthy weight with saggy skin than overweight with diabetes. Hopefully someday I'll be able to afford a tummy tuck and eventually wear a bikini, but until that happens I'm going to love the body I've got, saggy skin and all.
Gracie789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 01:38 AM   #7  
Spartan Kitty

S/C/G: 270/*ticker*/160?

Height: 5'4"

I've had those thoughts too, at 26 years old having been 270lbs at my highest weight and having had two kids, if my stretch marked stomach skin doesn't hang to my knees when I'm done losing weight it will be a miracle. I just keep reminding myself that right now it does me no good to even think about the finished project, because I'm still a work in progress and there's no way to know what I'll look like when I get to the end until I'm actually there. And then if I'm miserable with how I am, at least I'll be miserable and healthy!
Latchkey Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 05:24 AM   #8  
Finding my wings...

S/C/G: 256/see ticker/156

Height: 5'2 and a freakin' HALF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latchkey Princess View Post
And then if I'm miserable with how I am, at least I'll be miserable and healthy!
Darn tootin'!
starfishkitty is offline   Reply With Quote