Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 12-27-2009, 10:04 AM   #1  
sun

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

Post new and looking for support!

Hi everyone!

I am new here and just thought I'd join that way I can be inspired by all the posts and progress reports I am fighting to get my body back after a long hard year of being a mother of a physically disabled child. My daughter was born last year a healthy baby but she had jaundice and the nurse taking care of us didn't treat her properly although I felt that she was in some kind of distress, long story short we took her somewhere else but the damage had been done,she now has cerebral palsy.hearing problems and feeding issues. So you can see why I had no time to worry about what i looked like or even felt like. But then I seen a photo of myself and was so shocked that I realized why I was still so depressed and why my husband and I were not connecting like we used to. Its weird how I didn't realize what I looked like when I seen myself in the mirror but did when I saw a photo.

Anyhow I was 185 now 169 and going for my old weight of 125 or less My sister has a wedding in April and I really want to reach my goal or close to it by then! So here's to keeping on track and becoming the rocking hot wife and mom I want to be again!
sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 12:15 PM   #2  

Height: 5'5.5"

Welcome Sun. I also have a disabled child so I know what you are going through. My son is 7 now. He has severe autism and MR. He also has feeding issues and did not eat until he was 4. It is so hard to take care of yourself when you are constantly worried about their health and dealing with doctors and therapists and social workers. I think it's important to remember that taking care of yourself is best for your daughter too. You are NOT being selfish. I know you will get great support here and be at your goal weight for your sister's wedding.
LizR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 12:29 PM   #3  
sun

Hi Liz,

I was hoping to find some other mothers with disabled children. Its nice when you know someone knows what you are going through. Although I have a support group for kernicterus families I needed some inspiration for weight loss. Its lovely to hear how some children get over their feeding issues. Yes its one long life of doctors.therapists and fighting insurance but I know I can do it congrats on loosing 26 pounds
Sun
Old 12-27-2009, 05:07 PM   #4  
No description available.

Welcome, Sun.

A for you and your child. Sounds like you are a terrific mother! I'm glad you're here and I know you'll find a ton of support here.
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 02:35 AM   #5  
Weigh Down Yonder

Hi Sun!
Sounds like you really have your hands full taking care of your precious little girl - I know you'll be successful in your desire for a healthier and happier you (congrats on your weight loss so far) - the support you need is here - we'll all be here to cheer you on.

Glad to have you join us! There are lots & lots of different groups and forums - I'm sure you'll find some that will keep you motivated and inspired. There's also info and first hand advice on different eating plans and exercise to help get through the ups and downs.

There are bunches of people here with more to lose and some with less - the bottom line is that we all have to do it a day at a time. The good thing is that we'll have lots of company along the way.

I've only been here a few months myself, having NEVER been part of an online forum. What has been so eye-opening is how much it has helped me. Whenever I feel overwhelmed or defeated, I just log on and read some of the success stories, complete with their before & after photos - or read about others still dealing day to day with their challenges - and before I know it, the time has flown by and so have all the thoughts of cheating or giving up.

So welcome - you 've found the right place - join in by inspiring us and being inspired!

All the best - good luck with your goals,
Lee

Happy Holidays!
leeway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 08:10 AM   #6  
sun

Thank I really enjoy this website already!