Food Talk And Fabulous Finds - Greek yogurt take on Royal Waldorf!

mamaspank
11-09-2009, 05:35 PM
I have been eating a lot of this as I have been heading the vegetarian route as of late and need protein, baby! So good thought I would share. I am constantly looking for great ideas with Greek yogurt that have to do with the sweet stuff in dessert type meals. I have a fridge plum full of honey crisp apples and a ton of Greek yogurt so here goes:

Core and chop a honey crisp apple -- bigger the better and I skin mine
Walnuts -- as many as you want
plump and juicy raisins -- I plump up mine by throwing boiling water on them and letting them soak for several minutes
a serving of greek yogurt -- Oikos or Fage, whichever you prefer.

I don't like to add sugar to any of my recipes. Hope you like this one as much as I did. Sort of decadent.

Lexxiss
11-09-2009, 05:39 PM
Mmm... sounds really good! I might actually add this to my Thanksgiving dinner served on a lettuce leaf. I'll use pecans since I'm allergic to walnuts.

JulieJ08
11-09-2009, 06:13 PM
I've had it on my mind for some time to try this. Mmm. I also like to just leave the sugar the heck out of things.

petra65
11-09-2009, 09:21 PM
I love greek yogurt in general and eat a ton of it. This sounds great. I'll have to try it. I made a dessert sort of like this over the weekend that involved baking a granny smith apple and topping it with greek yogurt, walnuts and dried cherries. Might want to try that too.

mamaspank
11-09-2009, 10:57 PM
Sounds great! I just can't stand the flavored greek yogurts out there. If I am eating it plain, I will have a little of my favorite honey. I just don't have the nerve to use it as a sour cream replacement. I bet strawberries and brown sugar would be awesome since sour cream with strawberries and sour cream is amazing. I guess that would be my first sour cream replacement.

EZMONEY
11-09-2009, 11:25 PM
Angie says that sounds great! She uses frozen berries and agave nectar in hers every day.