PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 10-31-2009, 11:22 PM   #1  

Red face New here...

Hi, I just joined the boards recently and thought I would say hello. I was diagnosed with PCOS/IR about 2 years ago. I was without medical insurance for quite sometime and am just now getting back in with a doctor to start getting on top of everything. I don't know if anyone on the boards lives in the southern california area but I found out that Cedars Sinai has a Androgen Related Research Program and they have a PCOS support group and are currently offering free screenings for PCOS. I am considering going down and talking to them, it's a 2 hour drive for me but it may be worth the trip.
SoCalFireWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 04:16 AM   #2  

S/C/G: See tracker

Height: 5'5"

Hello SoCalFireWife, welcome to 3FC!

Its great that they're offering screening for PCOS, I'd go get it done if I were you. good luck & keep us posted
JigglyBits is offline   Reply With Quote