Weight Loss Support - So its my bday and....

View Full Version : So its my bday and....

VernDern
10-30-2009, 10:32 PM
my mom thought it would be nice, since its halloween and all, to fill up a birthday bag of candy and give it to me at dinner!
http://i999.photobucket.com/albums/af111/verndern/candy034.jpg

She felt bad though after she noticed I had lost a few pounds and I told her I was successfully losing weight so I didnt give her a hard time but it was just kinda funny. (WOHOO for someone actually noticing though!!!!)

I ended up passing out like half the bag to the waiters and workers at the restaurant.

Its sitting across the room....it looks might tempting but IM NOT EATING ANNNNY OF IT! I hope Im not anyways!

I hope everyone is staying strong with all this candy all around us! :haphal:

CHUNKEY_MUNKEY
10-30-2009, 10:38 PM
wow you must be a really good sport id be mad if someone gave me a bag of candy .... are you trying to help or hinder me here?

jendiet
10-30-2009, 10:40 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! Lol, sweet yet inappropriate. You could have used a nice coupon for a haircut or manicure or something like that!

weebleswobble
10-30-2009, 10:54 PM
Good for you, you did just the right thing. :) Tomorrow, get rid of the rest!

D22Guzman
10-30-2009, 11:10 PM
I have to have to be honest I did have a snack size snickers and a snack size bag of skittles followed by 5 individual candies called tamarind yes I fell guilty but have to say CONGRATULATIONS on a job well done I need a stronger will power I really tried...honestly I feel awful now...especially since I did also say that I was not going to have any coffee and creamers since i found out that each creamer carries 40 calories wow!! but fell of the wagon and had a cup with 3 creamers ugh.... :( But HAPPPY HAPPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

InControl2Day
10-30-2009, 11:36 PM
Happy Birthday!! =)

Tomorrow you can hand it all out to kids with fistfuls if thats an option :dizzy:

Mickeypnd
10-30-2009, 11:39 PM
Happy B-DAY!!

and what wonderful will power you have! Im envious. j/p. =D

Windchime
10-30-2009, 11:42 PM
Happy Birthday! Can you hang on to the candy till tomorrow night and then share it with the trick-or-treaters who come to your door? Congratulations on your weight loss and for staying strong in the face of a bag of candy!

rockinrobin
10-30-2009, 11:47 PM
Really though, the greatest gift you can give yourself is that of good health. There is nothing more important that you can do for yourself then to adhere to a healthy lifestyle and get rid of the excess pounds. You don't need that candy. Not one bit. By choosing to not eat that garbage, and make no mistake about it, it IS garbage, you are choosing to be the best you that you can be. No more settling for second best. Nu-uh. Not when first best is within your reach.

Happy birthday and may the year ahead be your very best one yet!

PammyFl
10-31-2009, 12:09 AM
First off Happy Birthday lady!! I know how it is when people give you candy. One of my close friends ALWAYS Gives me candy.. and im like Uhhh im trying to eat healthy and you bring me CANDY? I have decided this year to avoid ALL halloween candy.. every tiny piece of deliciousness. I WILL succeed! :)

dragonwoman64
10-31-2009, 11:25 AM
Happy Birthday! oh, mom! ha

candy is very tough for me to have around. Luckily, since we're in an apt building, we don't get trick or treaters and don't have to buy any for that. bf in the past has bought bags of it to give to his mom and family (and for us(!!)). I'm trying to keep him focused on zero calorie fun parts to the holiday, like scary movies and walking around looking at the neighbors' decorations.

the only way to not eat it is to get rid of it (says the woman who doesn't always follow her own advice(!)) Candy will always be around. Yes, it's a gift from your mom, but down in her heart I'm sure she'd rather see you happy and healthy and wouldn't want to do anything to prevent you or slow you down in reaching that goal.

EveLHaelf
10-31-2009, 11:34 AM
Happy birthday and congrats on not eating the evil candy!

Havisham
10-31-2009, 12:39 PM
Happy birthday to another Scorpio! :) Good for you not eating the candy - it takes will power but the mental rewards are huge! I know this week I've had take out dilemmas a couple of times where my kids wanted take out and I ordered a salad and avoided the fries and pizza. It feels awesome to be in control!

I'm turning 40 in a couple of weeks and I'm making sure everyone knows no cake or candy. Low fat frozen yoghurt for me! :)

Cali Doll
10-31-2009, 12:47 PM
Happy Birthday!!

heyaim
10-31-2009, 01:18 PM
Happy Birthday!!

Good for you to share with the staff!! It's so hard to be good. My boy went trick or treating Thursday and came home with 1/2 a pillow case full of candy! Ugh! I'm hanging in there though!!!

VernDern
10-31-2009, 03:35 PM
Thanks for all the birthday wishes!!!

...I have a confession to make. I was VERY strong yesterday with the candy. It sat on the table and I didnt think about it for hours. Then my friend came over for my bday and we drank some wine (I had planned for 2 glasses regarding my calories) and 2 glasses became 4 which equals a drunk Veronica. **covers face** I had 6 peices of the candy which put my calorie intake for yesterday like right under 2000. I cried. It was pathetic and Im sorry I let yall down.

Today is a new day though and Im looking the candy in the eyes and sending it all away to my SO's work. Good riddance candy.

Im working out like 3 times today! =) One day at a time....

EZMONEY
10-31-2009, 04:16 PM
Happy Belated birthday kiddo!

I did give you a couple of "shout outs" on time...yesterday in games...

Step away from the candy....

VernDern
10-31-2009, 06:04 PM
Aw thanks EZ....

Its gone. I got rid of it (and the wine) so we have no more drunken relapses of last night. lol **oops**

=)

dragonwoman64
10-31-2009, 06:42 PM
too funny. Rachel, I'd imagine this time of year you're not the only one. I'm sure many, many of us have been there, done that.

I don't know how you all manage with Halloween goodies around. there are tons of kids in this neighborhood, and I was walking home from the gym behind a woman dressed up like Bat Girl with a toddler in a stroller and tray of cupcakes in her hand. You don't know how much I wanted one of those.