Metabolic Research Center - November idea

View Full Version : November idea

nabeelmalik
10-29-2009, 10:13 PM
Hey all,

here is an idea:

how about in november we keep track of ALL the pounds lost by all of us combined together in one thread?

So it would be something like this:

Name - pounds lost

Total pounds lost:

So basically we update the thread every time after a official WI and keep track of it, and lets see how much we can get done ?

what do you think ?

VernDern
10-29-2009, 10:49 PM
Sounds like a cool idea! It will be like a huge team effort to lose the most weight...great motivator! Dont want to let your team down eh? =)~

LaRee mother of 3
10-29-2009, 10:49 PM
I think that sounds like an awesome idea!!! Good job for thinking of it. Can you imagine how much weight we could all loose by the end of the month!!:carrot:

What a way to stay motivated and encourage one another! :flow2:

Hvnlymzic
10-29-2009, 11:02 PM
I really like that :) I'm in! What a great way to celebrate our losses. I won't weigh in until the 4th, but on the 5th I'll throw my numbers up here.

Do we wanna do our screenname and name following (if they're not the same and you share your name)...so for example: Hvnlymzic (Sam) - 3lbs Kinda like that? Just a thought.

WANTING IT ALL
10-29-2009, 11:47 PM
I am in. I love any support I can get. My first November WI is Saturday so I will keep you guys informed ok. Wish me luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cheer2:

Gelene
10-30-2009, 12:45 AM
What a awesome idea! I am game, count me in. I so far have lost 9# this month, and hope to meat my goal of #15 loss next month.:encore::encore:

Joy2MeNu
10-30-2009, 09:48 AM
Game ON! --Joy2 Me N u

TeresaG
10-30-2009, 10:48 AM
Count me in as well. Should we also keep a running total? Each person would just add their numbers to the previous total posted.

keirasmommy
10-30-2009, 12:55 PM
Count me in! Great idea!:D

Hvnlymzic
10-30-2009, 03:09 PM
OK...here is how we did this on my "birth board" (pregnancy message board).

Lets say this is our list....
ABC (Sam) - 3lb (10lbs total)
DEF (Dana) - 4lbs (8lbs total)
GHI (Fred) - 2lbs (12lbs total)

SO anyway, thats already there, when you add your info, copy and paste the list then add your info to the bottom of the list. When you update your info, copy/paste and then change your info.

Does that make sense? I like the running total idea by the way. I'm not pushing my idea on you...just letting you know what i've seen work...

keirasmommy
10-30-2009, 03:59 PM
Great idea Hvnlymzic!

Pcherr001
10-30-2009, 04:31 PM
I think that is a good idea, but should we have a goal, the whole forums goal is say 200 IdK. Im in

learning2Bhealthy
10-30-2009, 08:50 PM
This sounds neat to me also. I'm in too!! :)

rip
10-30-2009, 09:12 PM
I'm in
http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/purpvinebar/flower02/lb/282/178/215/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

Started MRC 5/9/09

reuselady
10-31-2009, 10:55 AM
OK...here is how we did this on my "birth board" (pregnancy message board).

Lets say this is our list....
ABC (Sam) - 3lb (10lbs total)
DEF (Dana) - 4lbs (8lbs total)
GHI (Fred) - 2lbs (12lbs total)

SO anyway, thats already there, when you add your info, copy and paste the list then add your info to the bottom of the list. When you update your info, copy/paste and then change your info.

Does that make sense? I like the running total idea by the way. I'm not pushing my idea on you...just letting you know what i've seen work...

Great Idea. Our center keeps a running total of pounds lost since it opened 11 May 2009.

We could use the TITLE line for the grand total - when you post add your info to the bottom of the list and add how many pounds you lost to the running total in the title.

Nabeel, when you create the thread, state the rules. When the month is over, you can close / lock the thread (only the creator and the moderators can do that).

nabeelmalik
10-31-2009, 05:26 PM
i am glad to see alot of people like it. I will post the thread tomorrow with the rules and a total goal that we should try to accomplish!

Goose
10-31-2009, 06:58 PM
I weighed in today...down 2.5 lbs. 15 more to go! I had an uncomfortable experience today at my center (first time ever!!). My consultant was in a less than chipper mood and seemed to chip away at everything...including the way I dress for weigh ins. She said she never has seen me "dressed up" since the day I first signed up for MRC. I explained that I wear the same workout clothes because I know how light they are and I like to be consistent each week. There were many other little cruddy comments she made; I ended up crying a little bit. Then I felt like a moron for crying and apologized to her!!!! Weight loss has been an emotional experience for me at times and today was just one of those days. Of course, her criticizing attitude didn't help much. I've tried all day to shake it off.

Anyway, Happy Halloween everyone!

CJay
10-31-2009, 09:03 PM
Happy Halloween to you too Goose!

I'm sorry that your MRC counselor said those things today - I know I have a feeling that the ones at my MRC have their good days and their bad days. One time, one of them suggested I stop wearing my work clothes and wear shorts instead to get a lower reading on the scale, so I just stood firm and told her I wanted to weigh in in the same clothes each time for accuracy just like you're saying. I think they do respect it if you stand firm on how you want to do things (especially if you're trying to be more honest and consistent than they seem to be when they "hint" and "jibe".) The thing I really like about the program itself is that there's no room for playing mind games with yourself, either you ate on program or not and you know it. Maybe when a counselor has a bad day they just need to be reminded of that a bit. Don't feel bad, I think you were in the right. :)

Goose
10-31-2009, 11:02 PM
Happy Halloween to you too Goose!

I'm sorry that your MRC counselor said those things today - I know I have a feeling that the ones at my MRC have their good days and their bad days. One time, one of them suggested I stop wearing my work clothes and wear shorts instead to get a lower reading on the scale, so I just stood firm and told her I wanted to weigh in in the same clothes each time for accuracy just like you're saying. I think they do respect it if you stand firm on how you want to do things (especially if you're trying to be more honest and consistent than they seem to be when they "hint" and "jibe".) The thing I really like about the program itself is that there's no room for playing mind games with yourself, either you ate on program or not and you know it. Maybe when a counselor has a bad day they just need to be reminded of that a bit. Don't feel bad, I think you were in the right. :)

Thanks for the support, CJay! BTW, I just realized I posted my above comment about my day in the wrong thread! Sorry guys!

E4FEwife
11-01-2009, 08:39 AM
I weighed in today...down 2.5 lbs. 15 more to go! I had an uncomfortable experience today at my center (first time ever!!). My consultant was in a less than chipper mood and seemed to chip away at everything...including the way I dress for weigh ins. She said she never has seen me "dressed up" since the day I first signed up for MRC. I explained that I wear the same workout clothes because I know how light they are and I like to be consistent each week. There were many other little cruddy comments she made; I ended up crying a little bit. Then I felt like a moron for crying and apologized to her!!!! Weight loss has been an emotional experience for me at times and today was just one of those days. Of course, her criticizing attitude didn't help much. I've tried all day to shake it off.

Anyway, Happy Halloween everyone!

Good Grief!!! Juat ignore her comments. She must have been having a bad day. I'm surprised your same clothes still fit... they must be pretty baggy by now. :D Maybe next week, if you see her again ( or talk to the manager), let her know how her comments made you feel. She needs to be accountable and take responsibility for her words and actions, just as we need to be accountable and take responsibilty for our weight-loss choices. If they are going to hold us accountable we need to hold them accountable too. Often times if someone is "mean" to us we do one of two things, either get discouraged and eat, or get pissed off and prove them wrong by sticking to it that much more. At least that is what I have seen. The counselors there need to realize what kind of impact their actions can have on a person. Sorry...just venting a bit. It makes me mad when someone who is suppose to be there for you (and what you've been paying $$$ for) isn't.

Goose
11-01-2009, 01:36 PM
Good Grief!!! Juat ignore her comments. She must have been having a bad day. I'm surprised your same clothes still fit... they must be pretty baggy by now. :D Maybe next week, if you see her again ( or talk to the manager), let her know how her comments made you feel. She needs to be accountable and take responsibility for her words and actions, just as we need to be accountable and take responsibilty for our weight-loss choices. If they are going to hold us accountable we need to hold them accountable too. Often times if someone is "mean" to us we do one of two things, either get discouraged and eat, or get pissed off and prove them wrong by sticking to it that much more. At least that is what I have seen. The counselors there need to realize what kind of impact their actions can have on a person. Sorry...just venting a bit. It makes me mad when someone who is suppose to be there for you (and what you've been paying $$$ for) isn't.

E4FEwife, thanks for the encouragement! The clothes I wear are ridiculously big; they have a drawstring waist so I am able to keep them on that way. I just like the consistency of knowing my weight won't vary based on clothing. The ironic thing is that I believe this consultant is the manager. She has always been super supportive and kind; I suppose she was having an "off" day herself. I felt like I went through all those negative comments for nothing because when I weighed I was down 2.5 lbs. Next week when I go in, I'm going to request that I weigh first before having the consultation portion.

changes4me
11-02-2009, 09:33 AM
Im in also. This will be fun for us.

WANTING IT ALL
11-02-2009, 08:30 PM
My WI was ok I lost 1.9lbs hey better than gaining right?
Wanting It All-1.9 1st weigh in for november.

WANTING IT ALL
11-02-2009, 08:39 PM
Can someone let me know how to make my ticker move automaticlly when I change my weight.?

magnoliagirl
11-02-2009, 08:46 PM
Can someone tell me if you can eat veggie burgers/sausage on the program?
I found some that I like. Not sure what this would be, protein or veggies?
Thanks, magnoliagirl

WANTING IT ALL
11-02-2009, 08:53 PM
I have only seen veggie burgurs on the vegetarian menu so I would say no you cant have them unless you are following the vegetarian menu.