Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 10-20-2009, 11:06 AM   #1  
one choice at a time

S/C/G: 275/155/189/???

Height: 5'5"

Default Back on the bus

Hello, folks. Been lurking for a bit, decided finally to register and pick my head up. I like talking too much to lurk on a forum for long.

I'm where many of you have been, I'm sure, many times before - trying again. I've lost weight before, and always lost sight of my goals and put it all back over time, with interest. So here I am, doing it again. My own weight loss strategy (for myself only) is very simple:

Eat less and exercise more, you fat f***.

All the rest is tactics: the mind games I play, the bargains I make with myself to achieve the above.

I have done Weight Watchers and careful calorie counting, and both tactics work for me - up to a point. That point comes about 6-9 months in, after good success, when I just lose my focus, get bored with the game of point-counting or calorie-counting, and move on to something else.

So I am trying something different this time. I am heavy enough now that I can get away with the simplest of tactics: Don't Be A Pig.

After many attempts, I know what healthy food is, and what reasonable portion sizes look like. I know what snacks satisfy me for hours, and which just leave me wanting more. Many people just beginning to think about weight loss need to learn these things, but I do not. So taking the benefit of that experience, for the past two months I have simply Not Been A Pig. I've just eaten well and carefully, without being obsessive, and dragged my fat *** to the gym 2-3 times a week.

So far, it's going well. I know there will come a time when this is not enough, and I'll need to start counting more carefully, being more vigilant. But I am hoping that by that time I'll have enough success to motivate me to take on those new tactics. I'm hoping to avoid my previous pattern of burning out on focused, obsessive attention to diet and exercise.

So, all right, joining a forum is maybe a bit more obsessive attention than I ought to give at this point. But I like forums, and I like the tone of this community as I've seen so far, and the level of thoughtfulness in the discussions. I'm looking forward to jumping in.
carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 01:39 PM   #2  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Welcome to 3FC and good luck with your goals.

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 01:43 PM   #3  
Real Me in here Somewhere

S/C/G: 194.8/155/132?

Height: 5'1"

Welcome to 3FC carter! You'll find all the support you need right here, regardless of the program you choose. You sound like you are feeling comfortable with eating healthy and getting to the gym Keep up the good work and best of luck to you on your journey!
GivTLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 03:48 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 236.5 (pg)/209/150

Height: 5'9"

Welcome!! You can do it!! I just joined here too, so maybe we can be diet buddies!!

fattybobatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 09:45 PM   #5  
Weigh Down Yonder

Hi Carter!
Glad to have you join us! There are lots & lots of different groups and forums - I'm sure you'll find some that will keep you motivated, inspired and entertained!

There are lots of people here with more to lose and lots with less - the bottom line is that we all have to do it a day at a time. The good thing is that we'll have lots of company along the way.

I've only been here a short time myself, having NEVER been part of an online forum. What has been so eye-opening is how much it has helped me. Whenever I feel overwhelmed or defeated, I just log on and read some of the success stories, complete with their before & after photos - or read about others still dealing day to day with their challenges - and before I know it, the time has flown by and so have all the thoughts of cheating or giving up.

So welcome aboard - join in by inspiring us and being inspired!
leeway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 05:09 AM   #6  

Hi Carter.

I'm only new too. I joined this week and I'm sure you'll find plenty of support and motivation here. I know I have.

Last edited by Roisin Dubh; 10-21-2009 at 05:10 AM.
Roisin Dubh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 09:54 AM   #7  
one choice at a time

S/C/G: 275/155/189/???

Height: 5'5"

Thanks everyone, looking forward to seeing you around the forums.
carter is offline   Reply With Quote