LA Weight Loss - Friends and Losers Oct 12 - 18

View Full Version : Friends and Losers Oct 12 - 18

aguerin
10-12-2009, 11:19 AM
Good Morning Chickies!

Where is everybody? If Columbus could get up today so can we!

mj2007
10-12-2009, 11:30 AM
Happy Thanksgiving to all Canadians :)

hbieber2006
10-12-2009, 11:32 AM
So i have a question mj2007...if you guys celebrate thanksgiving today does that mean that you guys dont celebrate thanksgiving in November when the rest of the world celebrates it? I have always been curious about that so i thought i would ask hope you dont mind..have a happy thanksgiving!

mj2007
10-12-2009, 01:49 PM
So i have a question mj2007...if you guys celebrate thanksgiving today does that mean that you guys dont celebrate thanksgiving in November when the rest of the world celebrates it? I have always been curious about that so i thought i would ask hope you dont mind..have a happy thanksgiving!

No...Thanksgiving is a North American tradition( US and Canada only).
We celebrate 2nd Monday of Oct and you all 4th Thursday of November.
Ours signifies being thankful at the end of a successful harvest season which is around this time in Canada.

equinetcan
10-12-2009, 02:00 PM
Hey everybody -

Turkey day for me here today. Turkey is in the oven and I have a couple of friends coming for dinner. Just have a little bit more housework to do and get the veggies cut up and ready to go to be cooked. I'll definitely be looking at turkey recipes over the next few days so I can use this stuff up without having the same thing every day. I'll freeze some too.

Not a lot new here for me. Quiet weekend here. It rained off and on all weekend so it made it difficult to do much of anything outside.

Must go baste the turkey..I'll check in later..happy Monday!

sweetandspicy
10-12-2009, 03:46 PM
Happy Thanksgiving to all that live in Canada.

Not to much to report. The weekend flew by, my mom is doing great she says she feels better than she has in months, my kids have one more football game and one play off game and the season is over!!! I am ready for some quiet evenings at home, well as quiet as my home ever gets. Work seems to be slowing down a little too until the holidays when everyone stops getting along. We have a fall festival this weekend and it will be fun. I am excited about the events, not about the food. All those deep-fried things smell so good. I will resist though!!! I had some cake this weekend and was sick for hours after. Hope everyone is doing well.

Kristinx
10-13-2009, 07:56 AM
Good morning all! I ate too much this weekend! lol
So back in the office after a holiday weekend..blah! I had to come in early to fire someone..NOT something that helped me jump out of bed at 5:30 a.m.!
Anywho...in response to last week's thread...yep I'm on facebook. If you search Kristin Hutchinson you can find me I think. There's probably a few on there but I'm under the Halifax, NS network :)
I got my elliptical fixed last nighT! So gonna ease back into that starting tonight then when I get back from my work conference next week I am starting a new 30 day challenge on the Wii Active! I hope I get that new game for Christmas...Your Shape with the webcam and stuff..I hate dealing with the controllers when working out! And hey..maybe I'll get the Shred too!

Mama Nicole
10-13-2009, 08:01 AM
I am ready for some quiet evenings at home, well as quiet as my home ever gets.

Lol, Amy....I can appreciate your kind of quiet :) That got a very good chuckle out of me.

How are all the shredders doing? I have only been working out every other day or so, and skipped the entire weekend...oops. My kids were sick all last week, and baby Mia still is.....I am really starting to think they had one of the flus.......the exact same symptoms for all of them, fever, super achy, sore throat, cough, tummy ache......all the biggies. My mom says it is/was probably H1n1, cuz it is too early for the other flus. Whatever it is/was, it is awful.

Happy Belated Thanksgiving to all of my Canadian friends :) I hope you had a nice enjoyable holdiay :) I meant to get on here yesterday for that specific reason, but baby Mia was soooo crabby yesterday, I barely got online.

Well, I have to go shred....think I will start a new countdown....this being day 1. Rock on girls :)
XOXO

JLem311
10-13-2009, 09:18 AM
hey everyone. just thought i'd check in and say hi.
been keeping up with the exercising. doing it about 5 or 6 days a week. :)

hope everyone is doing well.

equinetcan
10-13-2009, 09:50 AM
Good Morning!

Turkey dinner last night went well and I wasn't overstuffed when I was done which was a nice feeling. I stopped before it got to that point. :)

Today on the radio they said the dreaded F-word for the first time......FLURRIES! (got ya!). It is cold and wet here today but so far the outlook is for sun most of the rest of the week. Still chilly but I can handle that.

Today is a good day to finish my book and get some housework done. Dishwasher is running now so everything will soon be all cleaned up from last night's dinner.

Not much new for me..have a great day!

equinetcan
10-13-2009, 09:54 AM
Kristin - on FB are you the one with the "96" jersey as your profile pic? Just wanted to check before I sent a friend invite :)

Kristinx
10-13-2009, 11:08 AM
Yup, that is me!

Repo girl
10-13-2009, 12:09 PM
Haha, Alannah, you stop it with that F word right now! I am teaching a psychic develpment class right now, and last week I told them I wanted to discuss the F word, since they were all letting it fly. They looked at my with shock, until I told them the F word in our group was Fear.

BarbaraB
10-13-2009, 07:11 PM
Ha! Katie and Alannah, you both made me laugh with your F words.

I've been a nervous wreck lately, with the DD still being sick and still no clue as to what is wrong. Except we don't think it is Meniere's disease any more or ulcers... Plus work has been insanely busy lately, and the pressure and stress and not sleeping well due to fretting and I just have not been eating well at all. Lately it seems all the weight my DD is losing, I'm gaining... Ha! Well hopefully it is not as much, as she has lost 30-40 pounds in less than 2 months. The last few days she has been able to eat a bit though and keep it down. The doctor called her today and scheduled an appt to discuss her test results, and I don't know if that is something to be alarmed about or not... Really when they do an MRI to rule out brain tumors, they really should not leave such obtuse messages at that.... Mother's worry you know. So anyway, I"m going with her tomorrow to hear what the doctor has to say. I don't know if it will be just that they didn't find anything wrong or if they did.

Kristinx
10-13-2009, 09:41 PM
Oh Barbara I hate when doctor's won't tell you anything on the phone! Just wanted to say good luck tomorrow. Hope everything is okay

Mama Nicole
10-13-2009, 09:44 PM
Oh, Barbara, Barbara.....I will be waiting on pins and needles to hear how DD's appt went. I would be sooo nervous too....but now is one of those times you have to have faith. I don't know how religious you are or are not, but faith can come in many shpaes and forms, and it is there to hold you up at times like this. Also, Ambien is a mother's best friend....get some of that stuff........sleep is so important to sanity. I have never taken it, but my girlfriend who is fighting melanoma right now uses it and LOVES it. Hang in there, and keep us posted as you can ;) We will all be thinking of you and holding our breath, and crossing our fingers for good news :)
XOXO

JLem311
10-14-2009, 08:39 AM
morning all. workout is done. and i'm sitting having some coffee and a luna bar.

barbara--my heart goes out to you, and i'm praying for your daughter and hope that they find some answer for her. big huge hugs to you!

sweetandspicy
10-14-2009, 09:43 AM
Barbara- I think with all the hippa regulations and health care crisis that some Doctors office policy is that the Doctor has to give the test results even if nothing is wrong. So I am hoping that is the case with your DD that the MRI showed nothing and they can figure out what is wrong so she can get better.

Hope everyone is doing well. It is raining again today so it is dreary. My day started off horribly with when I emptyed the trash the bag broke, got to my van and there was a horrible smell (kids left an egg salad sandwhich in there over night) got delayed by 2 wrecks and finally when I got to work my umbrella broke so I was soaked by the time I got to the door. I am thinking it was a sign that I should have stayed in bed. Oh- well I am here and the day can only get better.

Hoochie
10-14-2009, 10:54 AM
Barbara- I will be thinking of you. The worst part is sitting around waiting for news from a doctor. I will say a prayer for you and your family today.

I can't believe I even made it to work today. We got so much snow and the driving conditions are awful. I saw so many crashes. I dont like this time of year. Now I am sitting and having a coffee before I begin work.

Kristin- I found you on FB, thank goodness it says Halifax or how would I find you.lol

Well its going to be a busy week. I just had a girl quit and give no notice at all so I am interviewing all week. I sure hope I find an awesome employee!!

Have a great day everyone!

Joan

Kristinx
10-14-2009, 11:20 AM
Joan - Snow already huh? Gross! I swear I saw some flurries yesterday mixed with rain but I refuse to accept it! I am some glad I had the car starter added to my new car this past spring now though! I hate getting into a cold frosty car.

Well, I am heading out tonight for a concert. My cousins are opening for Flogging Molly (maybe someone has heard of them cause I haven't) so I am excited to see them again despite only a coupel hours of sleep last night lol. Oh well, i took a vacation day tommorrow so can sleep in then I go to the salon for a much needed hair appt!

I am officially putting away my scale till November, my plan is to weigh and measure once a month..I am nervous..I could do a lot of damage in a month if I don't have that scale to keep me honest!

JLem311
10-14-2009, 11:43 AM
amym--what a start to your day! dang girl...I totally would've just called it a day after the egg sandwich incident. yuck! hope your day gets better!

joan- we've gotten a bit of snow too, but nothing like the western part of the state. its suppose to be in the 50s in a few days.

kristin- yes i've heard of Flogging Molly! jealous you get to see them! have a good time!

Repo girl
10-14-2009, 12:00 PM
Barbara- Just wanted to say that I am thinking about you and DD today.

Amy- That really sucks! I guess "when it rains, it pours", pun intended, haha. Hope your day improves!

equinetcan
10-14-2009, 01:31 PM
Hey there!

Here today we finally have some sun. It seems like lately we get maybe an hour of it and then it clouds over and rains again. We had the flurries here yesterday mixed with the rain. Not looking forward to winter one bit.

Today I went out and got myself a coffeemaker. Now I know that sounds weird - 37 and never had one before but I didn't drink coffee other than a cup here and there until just in this past year. I still don't have more than a couple of cups a week but at least now if someone comes over I have it. Its just your basic machine..no bells and whistles but I don't need that either. I also got myself a new pair of pants for walking. Gotta love walmart! Can you say cheap? But they look confy and I'll find out cause I'll wear them today when we go for our walk. Just waiting for my neighbour to get home from work later this afternoon.

Joan - got your FB friend request :)

Barb - I am thinking of you and your daughter - hope all goes well for you both

Amy - what a crappy way to start your day..hope it got better!

I'll be back later..have a great day everybody!

Alannah

JLem311
10-15-2009, 08:24 AM
morning all.

Repo girl
10-15-2009, 09:54 AM
Okay, now I am really starting to worry about Barb's daughter. She did not post yesterday.

Mama Nicole
10-15-2009, 10:08 AM
Okay, now I am really starting to worry about Barb's daughter. She did not post yesterday.

I know, me too. I am hoping she is just really busy :)

I am up 4.2 lbs. I updated my ticker. guess I better get my act together. I am off to shred. I am late today, but not giving up. I am on day3 of my new 30 day committment :)
XOXO

Kristinx
10-15-2009, 11:17 AM
Thanks for the facebook adds ladies! I am on vacation just for today yet still here I sit contemplating some work homework assignments I need to have done tomorrow. I thought I was done with schoolwork? Blah! The training and development never ends! I need to explain my 2 best personal traits and think of examples of those in action...that's tough...I am only 27! My best traits are still changing! Off for a much needed hair appt this afternoon!
Concert was awesome last night! My cousins rocked it and Flogging Molly was awesome too!

aguerin
10-15-2009, 12:12 PM
Morning Ladies.

Sorry to hear about all the issues with everyone.

Barbara, please give us an update on your DD. I am thinking of the two of you.

Kristin: How is the house hunting going. I have probably missed something on here as I have been MIA, but hope it is going well.

Things for me are so so. This weather change here is going to prove challenging for me. Rainy, dreary, blah, blah = eating, eating, and eating to comfort from the rainy weather. It seems like it has been raining here for 6 weeks. :(

BarbaraB
10-15-2009, 04:57 PM
Hi, Thanks for all your support. The doctor had no news. I guess he had news that she does not have hepatitis, since I went and read up on what he said about tattoes and hepatitis C and it is true that many people get that disease from professional tattoe parlors. Who knew. Also she has no brain tumor. We go this afternoon for a CT scan. So we'll see if that turns anything up.

Mama Nicole
10-15-2009, 10:56 PM
Thank God for no brain tumors :) Answers would be good, but glad to hear she doesn't have that! Must go watch excessive amounts of TV now, but had to check in to see how everything went :)
XOXO

Kimphin
10-16-2009, 10:24 AM
Hi all - its been a busy week here in the crappy Northeast. Wet snow tomorrow. WTF?... seriously W..T..F..??????????

The Sugarland/Keith Urban concert was GREAT! Sugarland played for 1.5hours and then Keith Urban for over 2 hours. Long night, but well worth it. Jennifer Nettles has an amazing voice and she is a great performer too. DH even had to admit that he liked Keith Urban's performance (at the end of sugarland he turned to me and said "OK, we can go now"!)

I've been busier than a 1-armed paper hanger at work. Our state aid submissions were due yesterday and they are a pain. Then, today we find out that our wonderful governor has proposed mid-year state aid cuts. For our district that means that we will be getting $1.7 million less than we are supposed to get for THIS year. So much for catching our breath. Now we have to decide how to reduce our budget - and that means layoffs - but it is in the middle of the school year, so your kid's teacher might not be your kid's teacher anymore. greeeaat. Gotta love NY (not).

I've been around 90% good with food, but I HAVE to find time to work out. It really is that I just need to start a routine and stick with it.

Barbara - I'm still sending prayers your way for your daughter. I can only imagine how frustrating and scary this is for all of you.

Well, I have taken up half a page with my work rantings - sorry! Hope everyone is well and hanging in there. It looks like a lot of you are hanging out on FB more than here, but I tend not to 'cuz I can't get to FB at work. I suppose I'll have to check in there more often!

JLem311
10-16-2009, 11:03 AM
hello all. sorry not much to post really..just plugging away at being on plan and exercising 5-6 days a week. kids are good, hubby is loving being a fulltime soldier now and it seems that things are getting on a much smoother path for us. i'm very thankful.

momofthree
10-16-2009, 12:27 PM
Well, I have officially fallen off the shredding band wagon. I was talking with my friend who introduced me to LA and she said that her counselor used to tell her that exercise was not necessary when you were in the weight loss phase. They told her she would not be able to tell if it was the exercise or the diet that was helping her lose and therefore she should not do it. What do you all think about this? I am strictly talking about the weight loss phase and I have no other resources besides you gals and my friend. The question is should I exercise during weightloss or just wait for stabliization?? Any input you have is greatly appreciated. Hope you all are having a good week. Jillian your new pick looks good. I still have to figure out how to post a pic on here.

Kimphin
10-16-2009, 01:08 PM
Michelle - The counselors used to tell me that too. For me, it came down to the fact that exercise made me feel better, and the results of exercise could be seen (by me) faster than the weight loss. Also, since I was exercising, I was able to stay on plan better. I am sure that it is easier for the couselors to have a "control" environment to determine success, but I didn't like the fact that they were telling me not to exercise when I knew that it was a good thing for me. Eventually I just ended up lying to them and telling them that I wasn't exercising when I actually was.

BarbaraB
10-16-2009, 03:21 PM
Michelle, that is just BAD advice from the counselors. Who in the heck cares where your weight loss is coming from? As long as it is fat loss that is... if you don't exercise you are likely to lose almost as much muscle as fat and not end up lean and fit and gorgeous at the end. I do think you may drop weight faster if you are dropping a lot of muscle weight too, so it looks better to them, but in the long run it is a lot worse on you and your ability to remain thin. Do you care what the scale says or how you look and feel. The counselors get so focused on the number on the scale that they lose sight of the real goal.

momofthree
10-16-2009, 04:26 PM
Thanks for your quick replies. I agree with what you two are saying and now I guess my excuss is gone and it is time to get shredding again. I do feel better when I exercise and I make better food choices to because of the hard work I put into increased activity. I don't want to cancel that out with something I shouldn't be eating. So... thanks alot.

mj2007
10-16-2009, 06:07 PM
Michelle - I try to exercise 3 times a week but life is so busy...sometimes it is just twice a week. I think quality matters more than quantity. Even if it is only 2 days...I do 15-20 mins cardio +15mins core or yoga+ 10 mins stretching is enough for me for a consistent weight loss.Before LAWL, I used to beat myself up over exercising...now I enjoy working out because i know whatever physical work I do is an added bonus.

Barbara-Only good things happen to good people, you and your family will be fine :)