Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 10-05-2009, 06:00 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 292.2/286.2/150

Height: 5'6"

Default Hello from the San Francisco Bay Area

Starting one of these forum introduction posts is a difficult thing to do. When faced with the keyboard, every witty thing I have to say goes right out of my head and instead I'm saying to myself "uh, duh . . . tree pretty, fire bad".

Anyhow, moving on, I'm Suzanne. In less than two months, I will turn 30 years old. For years I promised myself that by thirty I would get my weight under control, but - unfortunately - the magic weight loss fairy never materialized to zap me in the butt with her cellulitebegone stick. And while I found programs that worked for me and assisted me in losing 50+ pounds, my aptitude for denial, self delusion and sabotage far outstrip my talent for staying with the program and overcoming adversity.

Clearly, I am again tackling the weight loss issue again. Several months ago, I hit what was probably my highest weight ever. Getting on the scale back in June I weighed 292 lbs, and am sure that at some point I hit the 300 lb mark before that. For the past couple of months I've had quite the battle with my mind to convince myself I *have* to lose weight, and after several false starts since June I finally feel like I'm on the right track. My eventual goal is to lose half of my body weight and weigh around 145 lbs, but for now I'm down at 285 and have a mini-goal of being 270 lbs by the end of the year.

So, a little bit more about me:
I'm a part-time opera singer, amateur photographer, occasional actor, and much more. If you hadn't guessed by the title of my post I live in the San Francsico Bay Area. Married for just about a year to my wonderful husband, Dave. No kids, no pets (but hoping to get dogs in the near future). I enjoy coffee, music, theatre, renaissance faire, knitting, and a zillion other things.

Looking forward to getting to know more of you better.
zansidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 06:11 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 96.7/96.7/60

Height: 5'8

First of all: your life sounds awesome. Opera singing? Acting? Renaissance fairing? Doing all of the above in the Bay Area? Neat!

Second of all: welcome I haven't found the fairy with her cellulitebegone stick yet either, but this site is a pretty good alternative.

Best of luck with your goals & looking forward to seeing you around the boards.
phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 07:12 PM   #3  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Hi Suzanne and welcome to 3FC!

Good luck with your goals

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 07:41 PM   #4  
50 is the new 40!

S/C/G: 165/165/140

Height: All of 5ft Tall

Welcome zansidhe

Your post caught my eye as my sister lives on the 600 block on Chestnut st about a mile from the wharf and Columbus st.

Your life sounds wonderful and very interesting, and living in San Fran is a wonderful place to live w/ endless opportunities.

Good luck to you !
Mercy03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 07:51 PM   #5  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

Welcome!! Glad you found us here! Be sure to check out the 100lb Club here. Lots of other people with similar goals who are very inspiring!
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 07:55 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Zansidhe, where do you live in San Jose ? My address is Saratoga but I am border to border with San Jose. I am near Westgate. Good luck with your weight loss plans.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 09:41 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 292.2/286.2/150

Height: 5'6"

Thanks so much all for your welcomes.

CLCSC145 - Thanks for the suggestion on the 100lb club. Submitted my bio over there.

bargoo - I'm between Downtown and the East side of San Jose.

I'm positive that this will be a great experience and tool for me in my goals.
zansidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 10:15 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I am sure you can do it ? Do you ever sing or act in the San Jose area ?
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 12:29 PM   #9  
yoovie

You're already awesome. I know you can do this, too. you could probably do ANYTHING you put your mind to. I'm looking forward to seeing your progress.