Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 10-01-2009, 05:22 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 271/239.5/150

Height: 5' 6"

Default New to 3 Fat Chicks, but NOT to the struggle

Hello Everyone!

I've been aware of 3 Fat Chicks for several years now, and always found it a great resource for recipes and information. Don't know why I never thought to join before now.

I've been trying all my adult life, as well as most of my later childhood, to get a grip on myself and beat this weight thing, once and for all. Never have. I've done it all.....extreme measures and not so extreme. Once I see how things go here, maybe I'll have an opportunity to share some of my experiences.

Like many of you, I know a LOT about what healthy nutrition is. I study and read constantly. I know HOW ...... I just have never successfully put into practice all that knowledge long enough to get to goal and KEEP myself there. Never really have come close. As I get older, I find in myself a lot more understanding of the barriers I have placed in my OWN path. I'm sure many of you here on this forum have experienced the scourge of self-sabotage. For whatever reason, we do our own selves in much of the time.

KNOWING what you are doing to yourself, I think, is the first step necessary to overcoming it all. So, a couple of months ago, I drew up for myself a plan of attack, and am having at it with a gusto. I feel quite optimistic..... really enthusiastic. What I haven't had is a group of friends to share it all with. Today, I hope I've found it, here with all of you. You guys have experienced all that I have, and I'm sure, even more.

So, I've put all of my acquired knowledge together, and have become a Calorie Counter. I do have a structure, a pattern that I follow, but those calories do count..... so I count them. I just make sure I consistently make healthy choices. TASTY healthy choices. You gotta like your food, or you will never make it work, long term. And I'm in it for the long term. A pattern of eating that should work for the rest of my life.

Ok, I've rattled on for long enough. I DO tend to be a tad long-winded at times. I'm going to spend some time this evening just reading through the posts here, looking for a spot to place myself. I really hope that in the days, weeks and months to come I can learn a lot more about all of YOU.

pattyjo
patricia 627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 05:37 PM   #2  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Hi Pattyjo and welcome to 3FC!

Good luck with your goals

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 05:38 PM   #3  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Hey PattyJo!

Quote:
So, I've put all of my acquired knowledge together, and have become a Calorie Counter. I do have a structure, a pattern that I follow, but those calories do count..... so I count them. I just make sure I consistently make healthy choices. TASTY healthy choices. You gotta like your food, or you will never make it work, long term. And I'm in it for the long term. A pattern of eating that should work for the rest of my life.
This pretty much sums up my eating philosophy as well (and the philosophies of many here). If you don't enjoy your food, you can't stick to it!

We have a great Calorie Counters forum here, as well as forums by age range (20-somethings, 30-somethings, etc), and amount to lose (you may want to consider the 100 lb club, for those on their way to losing 100 lbs or more).

Anyway, stick around and keep posting. Can't wait to get to know you better!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 07:00 PM   #4  
a work in progress

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'6 1/2

Welcome!!

I am a calorie counter too. Just stick with it and you'll be fine.
juliastl27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 11:21 PM   #5  

Welcome to the forums! I'm new here also and hope to enjoy my stay!
Jennifer1 is offline   Reply With Quote