Metabolic Research Center - October Challenge!!

View Full Version : October Challenge!!

leahruthie
10-01-2009, 01:38 PM
i see that noahsmama has an october challenge ticker but didn't see a thread for it yet, so i thought i'd start one. challenges are such good motivators! and with all the crazy junk going on in my life right now, i could use something to focus on and to keep me on track.

so, what would you all like to accomplish in the month of october? i'd like to be at or below 175, which is ambitious, i know, but doable? if not, well, at least i tried my hardest. :)

jeweliek
10-01-2009, 01:41 PM
leahruthie
Thanks for starting this....I just asked if you are doing one in the Sept thread.
I think that your 10 # goal is VERY doable! You will get it!!!!

For me.....I want to lose 10# too. I want to get to 165 by the end and fit into the adorable Bee costume that I have been eyeing!!!! Love goals.

daizy hotrocks
10-01-2009, 01:43 PM
September was tough for me and I really didn't loose any weight. So my goals are similar to Sept.

1. Drink 100 oz Water everyday.
2. get to 140 lbs by Nov 1.
3. Work out my alloted 200 minutes of cardio every week.
4. Stay OP the Whole Month!!!

SkinnyWallet
10-01-2009, 01:56 PM
I regret to say I was not on plan for the month of September. I lost my momentum and my motivation, and had health problems, financial problems, and emotional upheavals, so I at least didn't gain, but I didn't lose. I tried everything I could think of to have MRC be the one constant in my life, but was unsuccessful with that. So for October, my goal is to be on plan 100%, get my momentum back, and start losing once more. My contract is up in November, and I am no where near my goal, and certainly can't get there in 6 short weeks....but I can be 12-18 pounds closer. I am not entirely OK with that, but, nothing I can do at this point but accept that September is gone, time to stop struggling, and begin again, with calmness and resolve. It is only money, and time, and the only person disappointed in me is myself. Wish me hope and strength.

leahruthie
10-01-2009, 02:01 PM
I regret to say I was not on plan for the month of September. I lost my momentum and my motivation, and had health problems, financial problems, and emotional upheavals, so I at least didn't gain, but I didn't lose. I tried everything I could think of to have MRC be the one constant in my life, but was unsuccessful with that. So for October, my goal is to be on plan 100%, get my momentum back, and start losing once more. My contract is up in November, and I am no where near my goal, and certainly can't get there in 6 short weeks....but I can be 12-18 pounds closer. I am not entirely OK with that, but, nothing I can do at this point but accept that September is gone, time to stop struggling, and begin again, with calmness and resolve. It is only money, and time, and the only person disappointed in me is myself. Wish me hope and strength.

i am in the same boat, friend--i was chugging along for the first seven weeks, and then BAM, some really bad health problems hit a relative, and this week has been off-plan and crazy and damaging. i'm up a few pounds (though i haven't officially weighed in so i'm not going to change my ticker) but i am confident that i can head back in the right direction. in a time of chaos, the plan is something that we can rely on... although admittedly, it's been very difficult (nigh impossible!!) to stay on plan when every meal is eaten at a fast food joint in between meetings with doctors and medicaid workers and yadda yadda. *sigh* but we can do this! and so what if we need to extend our plans (mind is up at the end of november)? we'll get there eventually.

SkinnyWallet
10-01-2009, 02:22 PM
Leahruthie, YAY for us! We survived September! Your month sounds like mine. I am going to call it a NSV (non scale victory). We survived, a little "bloody, but unbeaten!"

leahruthie
10-01-2009, 02:41 PM
exactly. :) and we'll come out even better on the other side of october, i know it!

cmb9697
10-01-2009, 03:05 PM
Plateau time again for me :( I was down a whole ZERO today at WI. The only plus is that it was time for my monthly BMI and measurements and was down 9 lbs in Fat mass, and 13.25 inches from last month for a total of 44.75 inches lost, so I'll take it. They didn't even give me a hard time for no loss because of the good measurments (I guess). Told me to keep hanging in there, I'm about 98% OP all the time, so I guess it's only because TOM is coming up next week.

I missed my September goal by 3.5 pounds, but hey I guess thats still good because I'm 6.5 pounds lighter than if I didn't even try.... so I guess I'm happy about that. So I've decided that my Oct goal will be the same too...

10 lbs or more (yikes with a trip to Vegas from the 26-29 well see how THAT goes)

Good luck everyone!!
Carla B.

TeresaG
10-01-2009, 03:27 PM

Don't be disappointed in yourself. Life can be hard sometimes and with everything you had to deal with you made it through and here you are. You are back and that's what matters. Take it one day at a time. Little accomplishments make it easier to stick with and get to the big one.

daizy hotrocks
10-01-2009, 03:34 PM
I did so well op until right before I left for Australia. I totally went off plan there and since I have been back it has been much easier to 'cheat'. I almost just get sick of it and throw my hands in the air for a meal or a taste of something and then immediately regret it. I left for Australia on Aug 20 and I am the same weight today. I have gotten down 1.5 lbs and up almost 5 but center out at the same weight I was before I left.

Has anyone done this and gotten back op 100% and stayed there? What did you do when you felt like throwing your hands in the air? HELP!!!

GWE140
10-01-2009, 05:04 PM
I did so well op until right before I left for Australia. I totally went off plan there and since I have been back it has been much easier to 'cheat'. I almost just get sick of it and throw my hands in the air for a meal or a taste of something and then immediately regret it. I left for Australia on Aug 20 and I am the same weight today. I have gotten down 1.5 lbs and up almost 5 but center out at the same weight I was before I left.

Has anyone done this and gotten back op 100% and stayed there? What did you do when you felt like throwing your hands in the air? HELP!!!

Daizy Hotrocks - I went completely off plan for 6 weeks while traveling abroad this past summer and gained between 5-7 lbs...depending on my scale or the centers. I got right back on plan 100% since retuning on August 11th and have not had difficulties, and down another 15lbs. The 6 week break was nice because I got it all out of my system, the deprivation from being on plan since Feb.:dizzy: I have not had any issues with wanting to eat off plan and am staying focused on mini goals - like running my first 5K and my trip to Vegas with old college friends...I do plan on having a good time in Vegas and will work on it once I get back without reservations. I do remember back in the spring when I had my first "cheat" it was so much easier to continue this once you begin, it is VERY difficult for me...so I avoid all temptations even my kids are complaining because I do not take them out to eat anymore, probably twice the last 7 weeks...I just can't handle the salt and bread...out of sight out of mind, at least until VEGAS! I told myself when I get down another few pounds I will indulge in a treat, but I haven't done it yet because I know it will set me on a difficult path of cravings and I AM going to get through this program successfully. I do wish you luck as this is probably one of the most trying of all...

GWE140
10-01-2009, 05:08 PM
My October goals are to be down 10lbs run my second 5K and have fun in Vegas!

RonnieAdl
10-01-2009, 05:11 PM
I would like to be down to 150 or less by the end of October.. This is pretty doable I think. I have been averaging between 4-6 pounds per week so I should be able to ace this one.. Good luck to all of us this month. We CAN meet our goals. My impetus is fitting into smaller and smaller clothing.. It is a great feeling to put on pants that didn't fit me a month ago or more.. Keep going, we will all do great!

Ronnie

daizy hotrocks
10-01-2009, 05:20 PM
Daizy Hotrocks - I went completely off plan for 6 weeks while traveling abroad this past summer and gained between 5-7 lbs...depending on my scale or the centers. I got right back on plan 100% since retuning on August 11th and have not had difficulties, and down another 15lbs. The 6 week break was nice because I got it all out of my system, the deprivation from being on plan since Feb.:dizzy: I have not had any issues with wanting to eat off plan and am staying focused on mini goals - like running my first 5K and my trip to Vegas with old college friends...I do plan on having a good time in Vegas and will work on it once I get back without reservations. I do remember back in the spring when I had my first "cheat" it was so much easier to continue this once you begin, it is VERY difficult for me...so I avoid all temptations even my kids are complaining because I do not take them out to eat anymore, probably twice the last 7 weeks...I just can't handle the salt and bread...out of sight out of mind, at least until VEGAS! I told myself when I get down another few pounds I will indulge in a treat, but I haven't done it yet because I know it will set me on a difficult path of cravings and I AM going to get through this program successfully. I do wish you luck as this is probably one of the most trying of all...

Thank you! It is hard to stop once you start. I had gone out of town this past weekend and did great until the drive home when I ate fast food. Last night I gave into the munching cravings and ate probably 2 cups of walnuts, close to half a bag of melba and an extra serving of green beans. I have to admit its amusing that I gorged on healthy food because thats all we had in the house. I just felt like sitting in front of the tv and eating like I used to do. I know the cravings will go away after 3 good days op so that is what I am trying to focus on now. Thank you for the advice. Good luck and I hope you have a blast in Vegas!

nepeanut
10-01-2009, 06:01 PM
I want in on the October challenge.

I've lost a total of 26 lbs. and I'd like to get to 40 down by November 1st. So, that's 14 lbs in 30 days for me.

mountain gal
10-01-2009, 06:39 PM
guess september was officially the month of plateaus. I too dint make my sep goal and it's a dampener 2 doubt. Hope october brings in enough luck 2 break that! here's wishing us 'chuggers' n 'strugglers all the best this month. my oct goal to get in my workouts 4 times a week . GWE140 & rip - ur profile pic looks great & its so inspiring 2 see folks who ve made it happen! i too am hopeful of being able 2 put my b4 n after pics someday :)

kimtpa
10-01-2009, 07:16 PM
OK I'm in, just came in from WI didn't loose anything, but had my 30 day measurements, down 18 inches for a total of 29

October challenge is going to be 15# and get below 200....

learning2Bhealthy
10-01-2009, 07:28 PM
My October goal is to reach 185 so that's 17 pounds for me. We ALL have wonderful goals and it's going to take a lot of hard work this month. WE CAN DO IT!!

Let's keep our nose to the gindstone so our goals will be accomplished.. :)

kccross
10-01-2009, 09:13 PM
Well last month I got half way to my goal, so this month going to make it a bit more attainable. And hopefully this will be a better month!

I am going to lose 10 pounds this month!

noahsmama
10-01-2009, 09:43 PM
I hope to be 150 by the end of October but that remains to be seen. But I'm putting myself out there and hope to fulfill this goal this month!! Good luck to everyone.

Karen1234
10-01-2009, 10:34 PM
October Goals:
Run 1st 5k on October 10th... YEAH!! Break through this plateau and lose 10 lbs in October, taking me into the low 180's :0)

UPDATED:
Lose 14 lbs in October (Down 3 already)... getting ambitious I guess....

jeweliek
10-02-2009, 12:11 AM
Everyone has GREAT Goals. I love reading them all.

wannabthinagain
10-02-2009, 12:29 AM
I want another tracker for the Oct goal too! How do I do that? Thanks in advance for any help! I only know how to do my original tracker, is it all in the same area? HELP! Thanks!
http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar027/flower02/lb/207/167/194/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

kccross
10-02-2009, 08:57 AM
http://www.tickerfactory.com

Make your ticker, then once finished you will get a code (you want the bbCode one). Copy the code then paste it in your signature. To change it as you lose just double click on the ticker and it will take you right to your ticker. All you need to do is put in your pin and click Update Weight!

Good luck!

reuselady
10-02-2009, 09:16 AM
I just tried to create an October Challenge tracker on 3FCs Edit Signature page.
I went into UserCP, clicked on Edit Signature, Clicked on my current tracker which brought up the fields to create a new tracker. When I was done, I copied the bbCode url and got back to my update signature page. I typed October Goal in after my overall tracker and then pasted the new url in after that. I think I'm going to go back and put the October goal first and fancy up the words.

OK, I got it how I like it. I've been at or slightly above 139.5 since 14 September so my October goal is to finally GET TO GOAL! I also posted some pictures in my profile - from vacation 2004, from signing the 10 lb Board on 23 June and big one of me and two of my sisters from last weekend. Our youngest sister could not be with us but she was always the skinny one, the fashion model, and we were pudgy, especially me, I was the tallest and felt clumsy, dumpy and fat compared to my little sisters - NOT ANY MORE! Any these two have been losing and exercising - going to curves in Charleston, SC and I still felt I could hold my own with them! NSV for sure!
(now to update my avatar . . .)

lookinfine09
10-02-2009, 10:34 AM
My October goals are to be at 145 and well into stabilization by the end of the month. I am running my 2nd 5k in 2 weeks and would like to beat my previous time.

nabeelmalik
10-02-2009, 11:51 AM
i am afraid to post a goal.

After the miraculous 16 lbs 5 days before the end of september, i fell off the bandwagon for ONE day. It cost me 2lbs, which i am still having a hard time getting rid off, i am OP since that day. Although i did reach my september goals, which were:

- join MRC
- lose 12 lbs.

so with 14 lbs at the end, i guess i shouldnt be that disappointed, but darn it I AM DISAPPOINTED. I just had to go and go on a eating frenzy, just because i had just finished up a 6 months pending project, birthday of a friend, oh man look at me making up excuses.

Why am i afraid to post a goal for October?

Because i will be traveling half of it. Business trips to Chicago for 2 weeks, i am gonna be so tempted.....cause it will be eating out constantly with suits...

Here are my goals.

- hit the gym 4 times a week ( just for 20 to 40 minutes). There is a gym in the hotel where i am staying so..
- dive under 300, which as of my last WI ( 9/29) means 16.5 lbs to go.

Any comments/suggestions to where to eat out healthy in Chicago are most welcome.

mountain gal
10-02-2009, 12:16 PM
Jeanette you look awesome! can't picture u feeling clumsy dumpsy or fat -u look so elegant and in control! thanks 4 sharing the pic.. this site and folks here amaze & inspire me everyday!

TeresaG
10-02-2009, 01:29 PM
I too fell short of hitting my September goal and was reluctant to set anything. I have set a goal of at least 11 lbs which will put me in the 160's. I can't remember a time when I was in that weight range. I have two sisters and I was always the chubby one growing up then just the fat one. It's a very evil thought, but by the time I hit my goal, for once in my life, I will be the skinny one of the three of us. Or at least one of them. I have also set a goal of starting the C25K. I might have to give up sleep to do it, but I'm going to get it started and figure it out as I go.

nepeanut
10-02-2009, 03:21 PM
i am afraid to post a goal.

After the miraculous 16 lbs 5 days before the end of september, i fell off the bandwagon for ONE day. It cost me 2lbs, which i am still having a hard time getting rid off, i am OP since that day. Although i did reach my september goals, which were:

- join MRC
- lose 12 lbs.

so with 14 lbs at the end, i guess i shouldnt be that disappointed, but darn it I AM DISAPPOINTED. I just had to go and go on a eating frenzy, just because i had just finished up a 6 months pending project, birthday of a friend, oh man look at me making up excuses.

Why am i afraid to post a goal for October?

Because i will be traveling half of it. Business trips to Chicago for 2 weeks, i am gonna be so tempted.....cause it will be eating out constantly with suits...

Here are my goals.

- hit the gym 4 times a week ( just for 20 to 40 minutes). There is a gym in the hotel where i am staying so..
- dive under 300, which as of my last WI ( 9/29) means 16.5 lbs to go.

Any comments/suggestions to where to eat out healthy in Chicago are most welcome.

I will be traveling for work in November, so, I would be interested in hearing any tips that MRC lives you. I will ask when my trip is a little closer. I'm all for taking my own dressing and eating salads, but, am a little worried about lunches they may have catered in during the day. I guess I will just do the best I can.

nabeelmalik
10-02-2009, 03:42 PM
I will be traveling for work in November, so, I would be interested in hearing any tips that MRC lives you. I will ask when my trip is a little closer. I'm all for taking my own dressing and eating salads, but, am a little worried about lunches they may have catered in during the day. I guess I will just do the best I can.

same here! i will be in meetings all day, and lunches will be catered... My center told me:

When eating out:
- ask for 8 oz servings size of fish/chicken and make sure they are 'plain'
- ask for a full or double serving of veggies and try to stay away from carrots and onions
- Take your HNS with you

i dont have a problem with staying away from dressing ( not a big dressing fan anyway), but what i do have problem with is resisting when there are all kinds of cookies and other nice things on the table of a catered lunch/dinner. At home you have full control over what type of things you bring into your house, when you are out and its all there, its just so hard to resist for me.
One thing that i was told to try was this: Try to go 1.5x your usual water intake. Meaning: currently i am doing 96 oz a day, so i'd have to go to: 144 oz, which means 18 glasses instead of the 12 i am doing now. This cuts down your cravings. Thats gonna be a challenge, but i think i am gonna try to stick with it.

alisanchez18
10-02-2009, 04:44 PM
for October i am hoping to loose 10-13lbs! im going to work super hard this month on staying op... had a melt down yesterday at my nephews b-day party and then ate a small pc of cake :( i can't believe i freakin did that! ugh! im so disappointed in myself for doing that.... but now that i got it out of my system i am good to go and hope i do not have anymore set backs.... WE CAN ALL DO THIS!!!

Karen1234
10-02-2009, 04:58 PM
I just tried to create an October Challenge tracker on 3FCs Edit Signature page.
I went into UserCP, clicked on Edit Signature, Clicked on my current tracker which brought up the fields to create a new tracker. When I was done, I copied the bbCode url and got back to my update signature page. I typed October Goal in after my overall tracker and then pasted the new url in after that. I think I'm going to go back and put the October goal first and fancy up the words.

OK, I got it how I like it. I've been at or slightly above 139.5 since 14 September so my October goal is to finally GET TO GOAL! I also posted some pictures in my profile - from vacation 2004, from signing the 10 lb Board on 23 June and big one of me and two of my sisters from last weekend. Our youngest sister could not be with us but she was always the skinny one, the fashion model, and we were pudgy, especially me, I was the tallest and felt clumsy, dumpy and fat compared to my little sisters - NOT ANY MORE! Any these two have been losing and exercising - going to curves in Charleston, SC and I still felt I could hold my own with them! NSV for sure!
(now to update my avatar . . .)

Wow Jeanette, you look great!! You are so close to goal, I know your gonna make it this month... keep up the great work and you'll get there, CONGRATS!!

reuselady
10-02-2009, 05:25 PM
Thanks Karen, TeresaG and Mountain Gal,
I guess I had been avoiding the camera because I couldn't find any really good examples of how I used to feel. I'm just so glad I feel very happy with the way I look today and so grateful to have found MRC and you guys - this forum. I am spreading the word - it is so sad to see so many overweight people. Good luck to everyone on their October Challenges! jeanette

reuselady
10-02-2009, 06:07 PM
same here! i will be in meetings all day, and lunches will be catered... My center told me:

When eating out:
- ask for 8 oz servings size of fish/chicken and make sure they are 'plain'
- ask for a full or double serving of veggies and try to stay away from carrots and onions
- Take your HNS with you

i dont have a problem with staying away from dressing ( not a big dressing fan anyway), but what i do have problem with is resisting when there are all kinds of cookies and other nice things on the table of a catered lunch/dinner. At home you have full control over what type of things you bring into your house, when you are out and its all there, its just so hard to resist for me.
One thing that i was told to try was this: Try to go 1.5x your usual water intake. Meaning: currently i am doing 96 oz a day, so i'd have to go to: 144 oz, which means 18 glasses instead of the 12 i am doing now. This cuts down your cravings. Thats gonna be a challenge, but i think i am gonna try to stick with it.
Nabeel, your center has good suggestions. I took going out as a challenge, much to my son's embarrassment! At Taco Bell, I asked at the counter how I could get 4 oz protein 8 oz vegetables - we came up with 2 chicken burritos supremes, hold the sour cream, hold the rice, and put everything on 1/2 tortilla and throw away the other 1 1/2 tortillas. I think you need more protein than I did so you might have to get 3. I bought a digital scale at Harbour Freight (about $20 - I think it is a mailing scale). It uses batteries and is flat so I put it in my briefcase or oversize purse. At first I was taking it in restaurants with me, weighing my plate, eating my salad then weighing my plate again to see how many ounces of salad I had eaten and therefore much cooked veggies I could eat to get the full amount of veggies I was allotted for that meal.

At Subway I got the grilled chicken salad with extra piece of grilled chicken.
You do have to be creative and have a sense of humor - at the catered lunches, ask anyone who appears not to want to eat their tomato or other vegetables, to share with you (or see if you can have two lunches and give the soft drink, chips and snack to someone else). I refill and chill 12 oz bottles of water almost frozen and use them to keep my little insulated lunch box cold. You could bring cherry tomatoes, and a peeled and sliced cucumber in a ziplock bag with your extra water to supplement the meager vegetables the catered lunches will have. Get a scale and use it in your room so you know how much you are taking with you.

Explain to other people when they ask you what and why, tell them how much you have lost and how dedicated you are to this program. Take the cards from your MRC center, put "Referred by (your name and location)" on the back and give them to people who are really interested. You should be proud - you are doing something for yourself, that is good for your health.

At fine restaurants, have shrimp and asparagus! or steak and broccoli - especially if you are on per diem or someone else is paying for it. You might not always be right on program but if you can stay full of the correct things and your HNSs, you will be better able to resist anything with sugar! That is what will hurt - if you eat sweets, you will then crave them and it will be that much harder to resist. Just make it a rule with yourself, not to eat anything that might have sugar in it (shrimp cocktail sauce and balsamic vinaigrette were what got me on vacation and for the first time I have cravings - after 2 months on program without any cravings). Don't worry about indulging / splurging on things that are on your menu, even if maybe have butter on them. Take Fat and Carb Blockers before these kind of meals.

Nabeel, Have a great time in Chicago! And Nepeanut, have a great time on your business trip. You both have a special kind of challenge this month but it is possible to succeed and come back with little or no weight gain. Good Luck, jeanette

Phat not Fat
10-02-2009, 07:26 PM
Well, I missed my September goal by 5 lbs. I lost a total of 9 lbs in September and I'm not happy with that. I did, however, kick butt in the inches department, losing a total of 11 inches. After 68 days, I'm down 24 lbs and 25.25 inches. I really fear not making my goal by the intended date (50 lbs. by the Monday before Thanksgiving), but I can't stress over that.

So how stupid am I? I worry about not making goal and I'm frustrated over a dismal September, so there's only one thing to do -- attend a beer and food tasting on October 1st! DUH!!!! Well, I've learned my lesson and spent a good share of today staring at the tile floor in the restroom at work!

Therefore, here are my October goals:

1. Down 10 lbs;
2. Try my darndest to stay 100% OP;
3. Be a good, new mom to the rescue dog I am adopting Saturday morning! (Oscar the Dachshund will fill an enormous void in my life and I can't wait for us to become pals!)
4. Get rid of these baggy pants before I become a REAL embarrassment to myself!

Good luck to everyone and let's hope October is the month of losses!

-- JJ

mountain gal
10-03-2009, 02:21 PM
Therefore, here are my October goals:

1. Down 10 lbs;
2. Try my darndest to stay 100% OP;
3. Be a good, new mom to the rescue dog I am adopting Saturday morning! (Oscar the Dachshund will fill an enormous void in my life and I can't wait for us to become pals!)
4. Get rid of these baggy pants before I become a REAL embarrassment to myself!

Good luck to everyone and let's hope October is the month of losses!

-- JJ
awww congrats on getting ur new doggie today! how sweet! n all the best 4 the october goals :) njoy ur weeeknd with the lil one :hug:

wannabthinagain
10-03-2009, 09:45 PM
http://www.tickerfactory.com

Make your ticker, then once finished you will get a code (you want the bbCode one). Copy the code then paste it in your signature. To change it as you lose just double click on the ticker and it will take you right to your ticker. All you need to do is put in your pin and click Update Weight!

Good luck!

THANK YOU for the help kccross! :hug: I am going to go for 12lbs this month! Can't wait to hit that goal!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/waFn06c/]
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/waFn06c/weight.png

nabeelmalik
10-03-2009, 11:28 PM
Nabeel, your center has good suggestions. I took going out as a challenge, much to my son's embarrassment! At Taco Bell, I asked at the counter how I could get 4 oz protein 8 oz vegetables - we came up with 2 chicken burritos supremes, hold the sour cream, hold the rice, and put everything on 1/2 tortilla and throw away the other 1 1/2 tortillas. I think you need more protein than I did so you might have to get 3. I bought a digital scale at Harbour Freight (about $20 - I think it is a mailing scale). It uses batteries and is flat so I put it in my briefcase or oversize purse. At first I was taking it in restaurants with me, weighing my plate, eating my salad then weighing my plate again to see how many ounces of salad I had eaten and therefore much cooked veggies I could eat to get the full amount of veggies I was allotted for that meal.

You do have to be creative and have a sense of humor - at the catered lunches, ask anyone who appears not to want to eat their tomato or other vegetables, to share with you (or see if you can have two lunches and give the soft drink, chips and snack to someone else). I refill and chill 12 oz bottles of water almost frozen and use them to keep my little insulated lunch box cold. You could bring cherry tomatoes, and a peeled and sliced cucumber in a ziplock bag with your extra water to supplement the meager vegetables the catered lunches will have. Get a scale and use it in your room so you know how much you are taking with you.

Explain to other people when they ask you what and why, tell them how much you have lost and how dedicated you are to this program. Take the cards from your MRC center, put "Referred by (your name and location)" on the back and give them to people who are really interested. You should be proud - you are doing something for yourself, that is good for your health.

At fine restaurants, have shrimp and asparagus! or steak and broccoli - especially if you are on per diem or someone else is paying for it. You might not always be right on program but if you can stay full of the correct things and your HNSs, you will be better able to resist anything with sugar! That is what will hurt - if you eat sweets, you will then crave them and it will be that much harder to resist. Just make it a rule with yourself, not to eat anything that might have sugar in it (shrimp cocktail sauce and balsamic vinaigrette were what got me on vacation and for the first time I have cravings - after 2 months on program without any cravings). Don't worry about indulging / splurging on things that are on your menu, even if maybe have butter on them. Take Fat and Carb Blockers before these kind of meals.

Nabeel, Have a great time in Chicago! And Nepeanut, have a great time on your business trip. You both have a special kind of challenge this month but it is possible to succeed and come back with little or no weight gain. Good Luck, jeanette

Thank you so much!! Well i am kicking off my chicago trip with a Chicago Bears game tomorrow morning at Soldier Field! :), ehum i can safely say, that its gonna be the hardest day to stay OP :)

desilu0
10-05-2009, 08:19 PM
I want to lose 12 pounds in October. My goal is January 4th, so I would like to lose at least 12 pounds a month to make it closer to my goal before they put me on maintenance.

nepeanut
10-05-2009, 10:10 PM

Thank you for the wonderful tips!

daizy hotrocks
10-06-2009, 02:00 PM
Went to WI yesterday and still 150. UGH!!! I am so tired of seeing that number. I have been doing great on my water though. I was sick last week but am feeling better so I am going to try and get into the gym tonight. I am also considering Meta Quick for a week.

Has anyone done it and what was your experience?

Keiko
10-09-2009, 02:16 AM
Well I'm fairly new to posting but have been reading along prior to joining the program and have found the forum very helpful along the way. As people always recommend writing your goals down, here it goes...would like to drop below 200 by the end of the month - 11 lbs to go in 3 1/2 weeks. Hopefully having something on paper, on purpose will help push me forward and increase my weekly average. I have been able to lose over 30 lbs since starting MRC and I'm pleased to see the program working for so many people, it's encouraging.

Has anyone had good luck using the enhancer? My plan was to go without the additional pills but would love some feedback from you. Thanks!

kccross
10-09-2009, 06:47 AM
I've gained 8 pounds since Oct 1. My lower back is killing me!

I have always had eating issues, but I suppose I just ignored them or didn't realize the extent. Now I see what I'm doing and I feel so stupid cause I feel helpless.

Dominos, Hersheys, coke.... there are like drugs to me. Just keep shoving it in my mouth. At the time I am eating it I'm telling myself 'this is so good, I'm going through alot - I deserve a treat, who cares if I'm fat...".

Then I hate myself after and wish I could throw up. The center has called twice for me to come in but I am so ashamed. My lower back is hating me and I can barely move anyway. All that weight is just sitting in my gut pulling on my back.

WHY am I doing this to myself? I know I'm not alone. How have any of you gotten past this? Is it sheer will power?

Sometimes I swear I need an electric shock collar that shocks the mess out of me if I start to salivate. To extreme? Maybe. :?:

Just read this article and it sort of made me feel better - thought I'd share. I'm not perfect - and that's ok.
http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/motivation_articles.asp?id=84

reuselady
10-09-2009, 10:07 AM
I've gained 8 pounds since Oct 1. My lower back is killing me!

I have always had eating issues, but I suppose I just ignored them or didn't realize the extent. Now I see what I'm doing and I feel so stupid cause I feel helpless.

Dominos, Hersheys, coke.... there are like drugs to me. Just keep shoving it in my mouth. At the time I am eating it I'm telling myself 'this is so good, I'm going through alot - I deserve a treat, who cares if I'm fat...".

Then I hate myself after and wish I could throw up. The center has called twice for me to come in but I am so ashamed. My lower back is hating me and I can barely move anyway. All that weight is just sitting in my gut pulling on my back.

WHY am I doing this to myself? I know I'm not alone. How have any of you gotten past this? Is it sheer will power?

Sometimes I swear I need an electric shock collar that shocks the mess out of me if I start to salivate. To extreme? Maybe. :?:

Just read this article and it sort of made me feel better - thought I'd share. I'm not perfect - and that's ok.
http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/motivation_articles.asp?id=84

Kathy, I just want to hug you, take you in my arms and let you cry and hug you until you start to feel better. I'm reading the article you mentioned. It says "Guilt can be debilitating to your healthy habits." You say you are too ashamed to go into your MRCenter but that is what you paid them for - so you can go in and have them help you figure out strategies to overcome this problem. Is there one person there you feel most comfortable with, who you feel is sympathetic to you personally, who you will not feel is judging you? That is the one you need to make an appointment with and go in and talk with each time.

Does your center have the Connections Classes? If so, definitely go to them. Do you have insurance that will pay for counseling? The two women who did our Connections Classes also do private counseling and I think you may need the extra help. They recommended a couple of books but with little children (I can't remember, but I think you have 2 small ones) trying to do 'self-counseling' with a book may be too much. It would be easier talking it out with someone who is familiar with eating disorders and with MRC.

You said you have have always had eating issues; consider MRC the beginning of your Adult Education class that may last the rest of your life. Get 3 or 4 one or two inch 3 ring binders and a hole punch. Save everything the center gives you - your menu sheets, recipes, the papers on water and plateaus - get a pack of the dividers sheets so you can label each section. If you get the 1" binders, it will be easier to carry one around with you. Keep your food diary right there on the kitchen counter. Get a neat pen and attach it with a ribbon to the binder so you can jot things down (like how you feel) at anytime. Tell your children this is your homework and you need to do this for your MRC Class (or come up with a name for your special lifelong school - make it a positive name!) This will be a good example for your children as well as help get them on board helping you.

You are a beautiful woman - I am so sorry for the hard knocks life has thrown at you but they have helped make you the strong person you are. Now you need to use that strength to help yourself get healthier so you can be there for yourself and your children. Take it one day, even one meal, one moment at a time. Don't worry about what you did yesterday, this morning, two minutes ago. That is past. What can you do this minute? Stay with us - let us know who you are doing. We care, Kathy.:hug:

jeanette

kccross
10-09-2009, 10:42 AM
reuselady thank you so much, made me cry.

I do need professional help, but even with insurance the co pay is more than I can afford. The center had it's first connections class last week and it was awesome. They will have them every other week.

There is some one there I like and is very nice, but I don't know how helpful she is. The other lady makes me feel like I'm making excuses. She doesn't say that but she is always saying I have to eventually stop this cycle and they won't enable me blah blah blah.

Trying to get back on the horse today but I made the cheese toast and it looked so gross threw it away. Boiled two eggs but still need to eat. I'm not hungry, I'm not bored I just.... something.

If I could just figure that something out I'd be ok I suppose. It's hard with the kids and trying to study along with everything else. Gonna try to get it together and go weigh in.

Thank you so much for your kind words.

nepeanut
10-09-2009, 02:45 PM
I WI today and down 1.5 lbs. a week. I'm disappointed, I'm used to losing at least 3 a week. I have been 100% on program, so, trying to think what has changed. I think I could increase water and exercise, I have slacked off of those a little bit. I wanted to lose 14 lbs before November 1st and it's not happening very fast. I'm going to try to keep on trucking.

Totals= lost 28.5 lbs. and 26 inches.

daizy hotrocks
10-09-2009, 03:30 PM
WOO HOO!!!
I wore jeans to WI and am still down 2 lbs. FINALLY. I did start the Meta Quick today as well and will do it for 7 days. I have also started making some new goals such as a new dress to fit into and I picked out a winter wool dress coat from Victoria Secret to buy when I get to stabilization. I am also going to set a goal for the gym starting next week. I still have hop ofr my 10 lbs in October... we shall see.

GWE140
10-09-2009, 06:43 PM
I am having a great first week in October, down 4 pounds! I am trying so hard to lose 3 more before my trip next weekend...I discussed with my counselor what alcohol would work best for the program as I plan on enjoying myself and relaxing with a couple (or maybe a few) drinks...she said just straight alcohol like gin, vodka with a diet drink ie...diet-7up, diet tonic, etc...she said to stay away from wines and definitely do not have margaritas as they have around 700 cals...just a little FYI - and I am also to take the fat and carb blockers....

TeresaG
10-09-2009, 06:49 PM
I am having a great first week in October, down 4 pounds! I am trying so hard to lose 3 more before my trip next weekend...I discussed with my counselor what alcohol would work best for the program as I plan on enjoying myself and relaxing with a couple (or maybe a few) drinks...she said just straight alcohol like gin, vodka with a diet drink ie...diet-7up, diet tonic, etc...she said to stay away from wines and definitely do not have margaritas as they have around 700 cals...just a little FYI - and I am also to take the fat and carb blockers....

4 lbs, way to go! It's nice that the counselor gave you some direction and didn't just tell you to stay away from it. You are planning ahead which is one of the best things you can do. Sending you wishes to hit your goal of 3 lbs before you leave.

reuselady
10-11-2009, 02:06 AM
Boiled two eggs but still need to eat. I'm not hungry

I sympathize - I do not feel like eating first thing in the day. You will have to adjust the amount of protein for what your menu calls for but here are some of the breakfast things I have done:
- made an egg salad with one hard boiled egg, 2 oz cottage cheese and a tablespoon of dijonaise and have with my slice of wheat toast
- mixed 1 raw egg and 1 oz cheddar or swiss shredded or cut up fine in an oven proof custard cup (sprayed with PAM) and microwaved it for 1 minute, stirred it up and nuked it 30 seconds more so egg is cooked and cheese melted, again have with my slice of wheat toast
- mix up 1 egg and cook in small frying pan, put on whole wheat toast and cover with 1 oz cheese and microwave to melt cheese for open-face egg sandwich
- beat 1 egg until frothy, pour into hot non-stick skillet so it makes a thin round 6 inch thin crepe - flip over when set enough to hold together. Fill with 2 oz cottage cheese beaten smooth with a few drops lemon juice and packet of Stevia (to be like a cream cheese filling) sprinkle nutmeg or cinnamon on top

Take things one day at a time, Kathy. Each day is a new beginning. Here is some :dust: for you. I hope you have a good week - I will be out of town for a week and might not have internet. I will miss everyone.

jeanette

kccross
10-11-2009, 09:26 AM
Thank you reuselady. I've been off the wagon all weekend so far. Just feel like I've given up. I get myself all jazzed up to get back on track and I get slammed with something big from life and I just fall down again.

But I've got to get back up and keep fighting I know.

Thank you for your supportive words.

daizy hotrocks
10-12-2009, 01:49 PM
I have been on Meta Quick since Friday and done very well!!! I thought I would struggle but not so. I have a cereal bar, fiber, HNS and supps for breakfast, shake, hns, fiber and supps for lunch, a HNS for snack, dinner then one more HNS before bed. I really expected to get tired of no real food till dinner but so far so good. I will be excited to eat for breakfast and lunch again but hopefully this will be worth it. I WI today so we will see if there are any results yet.

kccross
10-12-2009, 02:30 PM
Oooo I'm am so happy for you! Looking forward to find out how you did at WI!!

daizy hotrocks
10-12-2009, 02:54 PM
Oooo I'm am so happy for you! Looking forward to find out how you did at WI!!

Thanks!

ekidwell
10-12-2009, 02:59 PM
I just joined the forum but I would like to do the Oct. challenge! My cycle at the MRC ends this month (17 week session) and I've already hit my goal weight loss of 50 lbs (I'm at 50.5 as of Friday). I'd really love to be at 60 lbs down by the end of this month. I have 3 weeks to do it in and 9.5 lbs to lose to get there. I've been losing about 3 lbs/week but I've cheated a bit, too. No more cheating throughout October!
I'm also in a New Years Challenge with myself to get to "onederland" by December 31st. I think I can do it!
Good luck everyone!

kathyb712
10-12-2009, 03:04 PM
WOW 50 lbs in 17 weeks!! That's awesome!! I can't wait until I can say that!! And it's coming!!
Keep up the great work!!! Onderland will be here before you know it!!

malachite
10-12-2009, 07:31 PM
I would like to lose 3 pounds by the end of October. I just met with the consultant today, and have my first meeting this Friday at 5:30 PM.

leahruthie
10-13-2009, 02:05 PM
i have made the executive decision to alter my goal to something more attainable given my current circumstances... instead of shooting for 175, i'm going to shoot for 180. 5 pounds in a month doesn't sound like much, but i'm for sure fighting an uphill battle over here!! i will consider it a miracle if i can make it to 180, and if i pass that, well, drinks on me!! :P

daizy hotrocks
10-15-2009, 12:50 PM
Update: I went to WI on Monday after 3 days on Meta Quick and was down .5 lbs. The center said I would probably not loose on MQ but I would once I was off. I am back on the green menu and am excited to see what I will weigh tomorrow. I'll let you all know how its going.

TeresaG
10-15-2009, 01:27 PM
Update: I went to WI on Monday after 3 days on Meta Quick and was down .5 lbs. The center said I would probably not loose on MQ but I would once I was off. I am back on the green menu and am excited to see what I will weigh tomorrow. I'll let you all know how its going.

Did you use the veggie powder and the chocolate powder while doing the metaquick?

daizy hotrocks
10-15-2009, 02:43 PM
I did... my counselor told me to use one scoop of one or the other every day, not both. I tried the vegi in the chocolate shake and also mixed with a chocolate pudding and I hated it!!! I think it tastes aweful. I do like the chocolate powder mixed with a choc pudding... tastes really rich. I had some suggestions for the vegi powder such as mixing it with hot lemon HNS, mixing it with creamy hot cocoa.

nabeelmalik
10-15-2009, 03:13 PM
so i am back from my trip, turned out to be 1.5 weeks instead of 2 and went straight to the center yesterday, was very scared of the WI, but turned out i only gained 1 lb :D.

Met with my original counselor and she saw i hadnt had Tanita, so we did that and measurements, all were pretty encouraging results, as from the 15 or so lbs that i have lost, most is fat, so that so good, although my water weight has gone which she found to be weird.

We set a mini-goal for 14th of November to be under 300 lbs.

I am gonna be back OP again and do this!

good luck to everyone else as well!

RonnieAdl
10-17-2009, 12:06 AM
I met my October goal today! I got to sign the 30# board and made it to 149. My goal was 150 so I guess I should see if I can take a few more off this month. It felt good to know I only have 20# to go. I am sure those will be the hardest to loose..

Cheers!

Ronnie

Keiko
10-17-2009, 01:30 AM
I met my October goal today! I got to sign the 30# board and made it to 149. My goal was 150 so I guess I should see if I can take a few more off this month. It felt good to know I only have 20# to go. I am sure those will be the hardest to loose..

Cheers!

Ronnie

Yeah! Good job - way to go!:)

RonnieAdl
10-17-2009, 05:09 AM
Thank you Keiko! I am looking forward to losing it all and getting on to stabilazation!

Cheers!
Ronnie

Phat not Fat
10-17-2009, 12:58 PM

Cheers!

Ronnie

Awesome job, Ronnie! Keep up the good work!

nepeanut
10-17-2009, 08:10 PM
I was down 3.5 this week. It sure felt good to sign the 30 pound board. Only 8 more pounds to go to meet my October goal.

Phat not Fat
10-17-2009, 10:23 PM
I was down 3.5 this week. It sure felt good to sign the 30 pound board. Only 8 more pounds to go to meet my October goal.

I, too, was able to sign the 30-lb. board today! I'm now headed into the 170's. Congrats to both of us, nepeanut!

Never thought I'd be able to stick with the program this long, and now that I have, the thought of gorging myself on the things I was eating before kinda makes me queazy! (Except for mac n cheese...how how I miss thee!)

-- JJ

nepeanut
10-17-2009, 10:31 PM
I, too, was able to sign the 30-lb. board today! I'm now headed into the 170's. Congrats to both of us, nepeanut!

Never thought I'd be able to stick with the program this long, and now that I have, the thought of gorging myself on the things I was eating before kinda makes me queazy! (Except for mac n cheese...how how I miss thee!)

-- JJ

I'm so happy for you JJ! I have a long ways to go to get to 170, but, every 10 pounds help. Whoever thought of the 10 pound boards is a genuis, it makes my day!

RonnieAdl
10-18-2009, 12:45 AM
Congratulations to all who got to sign the 30# board this month.. It does feel pretty good.

Cheers!

Ronnie

Keiko
10-18-2009, 02:14 PM

Yeah Nepeanut! Congrats on the 30# board! I recently signed the 30# board and we are on our way to 40#! Good job. :flow2:

Keiko
10-18-2009, 02:18 PM
:flow1:I, too, was able to sign the 30-lb. board today! I'm now headed into the 170's. Congrats to both of us, nepeanut!

-- JJ

Way to go JJ! Nicely done! Signing the boards does feel like a great accomplishment doesn't it? Here comes the 40# board! :flow1:

shopgirl
10-18-2009, 03:12 PM

Cheers!

Ronnie

That is sooooo awesome! Good for you!! :carrot::carrot::carrot: There's one carrot for every "decade" lost!

I lost 2.5 at WI yesterday (total lost is 18) so I'm only 2 lbs away from signing the 20 lb board! I'm sooo excited and I'm so focused on being able to sign that board! Then, I'll be on my way to sign that 30 lb board like you! Keep up the great work!! :hug:

Keiko
10-18-2009, 03:36 PM
That is sooooo awesome! Good for you!! :carrot::carrot::carrot: There's one carrot for every "decade" lost!

I lost 2.5 at WI yesterday (total lost is 18) so I'm only 2 lbs away from signing the 20 lb board! I'm sooo excited and I'm so focused on being able to sign that board! Then, I'll be on my way to sign that 30 lb board like you! Keep up the great work!! :hug:

Great job! Here's to lot's of success on plan! :hat:

daizy hotrocks
10-20-2009, 01:15 PM
Congrats to everyone for all the great news!!!

I was the same weight yesterday but I got measured and have lost an additional 12 inches in the last month... so 2.5 lbs and 12 inches!!! I am amazed because the first 2 1/2 months I lost 18 inches and the last month 12. I was getting discouraged with the scale not moving but now I see why, my body is dropping inches. I'm OK with that!!! I was going to wait for 144 lbs to get a massage but I am very proud of myself for the inches lost so I will be scheduling one for this week.

LaRee mother of 3
10-20-2009, 02:45 PM
I just joined MRC last night. I am not sure what is a "realistic" goal for me for October. I think just getting to know the program and try my best not to cheat. I have 56 pounds to loose and have until mid April to reach this goal. They said I should be able to do it by mid March but my contract is a month later. What is a reasonable goal for weight and inches with only 1 week left to the month. I would like to loose the 3-5 pound they say I can loose...we shall see.:)

Keiko
10-21-2009, 02:32 AM
:sunny::sunny:Congrats to everyone for all the great news!!!

I was the same weight yesterday but I got measured and have lost an additional 12 inches in the last month... so 2.5 lbs and 12 inches!!! I am amazed because the first 2 1/2 months I lost 18 inches and the last month 12. I was getting discouraged with the scale not moving but now I see why, my body is dropping inches. I'm OK with that!!! I was going to wait for 144 lbs to get a massage but I am very proud of myself for the inches lost so I will be scheduling one for this week.

That's fabulous! Way to go! Enjoy your appt!

nepeanut
10-23-2009, 03:15 PM
I lost 3 lbs. this week for a total of 35, so, I need 5 more before November 1st to meet my October challenge!

LaRee mother of 3
10-23-2009, 03:19 PM
You go girl you can do it!!! Where in Nebraska do you live???

nepeanut
10-23-2009, 05:35 PM
You go girl you can do it!!! Where in Nebraska do you live???

Thank you. I'm in Lincoln. You?

LaRee mother of 3
10-23-2009, 05:52 PM
I am in Papillion. :)

nepeanut
10-30-2009, 04:34 PM
I missed my October goal by 4 lbs. I only lost 1 lb. this week and that's because I had cheated last Friday night, but, honestly, I needed it for my sanity. So, I'm back on track and my goal for November will be another 10 lbs. It'll be tough with a business trip and Thanksgiving, but, I'm going to be strong.

Phat not Fat
10-30-2009, 08:00 PM
I have one more WI before the end of the month and hope that I'm able to meet the October goal -- one more pound!

I'm behind schedule, so I really have to hit it hard. Is 18 pounds by November 23 unreasonable or unhealthy?

-- JJ

reuselady
10-31-2009, 12:50 PM
Well, I didn't get to my October challenge - the goal I had set with MRC 5 months ago back before Memorial Weekend - 135 lbs. BUT I did get within 1.5 lbs back on the 5th of October. So Friday, I signed the Maintenance Agreement but changed my goal weight from 135 to 140 lb. I had been at this weight from age 15 until I started trying to get pregnant at age 35, so I am happy.

Best of luck to everyone here. You have been my inspiration, challengers, 'accounters' and informants. Thank you everyone:)

jeanette

Keiko
11-01-2009, 01:56 AM
Well it's official - I fell short of my October goal by 1.5 lbs - I did have a loss at my weigh in....but I'm a bit bummed being that close. Hopefully next week I will be able to sign the 40 lb board. :crossed: I'm beginning to think the average weight loss should be more appropriately planned at 2 lbs per week. Any insight would be appreciated. As well I would appreciate any feedback on the enhancer as well - anyone pleased with it?

Thanks, and here's to our November goals! :turkey: