Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2002, 03:00 PM   #1  
si, si signora

Default Thin for life- Week of July 22, 2002

Hi everyone,

Its hot here today. Yikes. I took the dog on a early morning walk and he was soo happy to get back to his water bowl. I had a nice low key weekend. Did a lot of gardening, some leisure reading and no travelling .

I did get back to weigh in on Saturday. Saw some friends and realized that yes, WW can be a social experience, not just a cyber experience. I'm hoping to see a loss this week. I am cutting back on the empty calories as much as possible.

No real plans this week. Drooling over the thought of a new refrigerator, but with the market tanking, maybe I'll just wait a while.

I hope everyone else is doing well. melissa- I hope the car woes are behind you.

susan, kt, laurel and myra and everyone else - hey ho.

okay, back to work.

lala
Old 07-22-2002, 08:59 PM   #2  
Lifetimer

S/C/G: 183.6/173/140

Real hot here too!

The landlady had a real estate guy look over the house we rent today in an effort to sell it from under us. It really stinks. We don't have the money right now to move.

I think many of the symptoms I've been feeling lately might be my hypoglycemia kicking up again. It is a real pain. I thought I had it under control years ago. Oh well. Time to do the six mini-meals and swear of sugar and refined flours. It is hard doing the hypoglycemic diet when you are a vegetarian (pescatarian?) like me. It is hard eating so much protein.
Old 07-23-2002, 07:42 AM   #3  

Height: 6'0"

Default Lifetime!

Hello everyone.

Sorry I haven't been around on this board much, but I was traveling (Washington, D.C.) all last week. It was a real challenge eating out 3 meals a day. I gained one pound, but that didn't bother me.

Well, my DH and I did it. We made Lifetime last night. I really think we've accomplished something. My husband is still too thin and has to gain some (such problems!)

Thanks to all of you for your past advice and encouragement.

Old 07-23-2002, 07:55 AM   #4  
LM

Hi everyone. another scorcher week here. Saw a hummingbird in the garden last night. That was exciting! And i have a (one) big red tomato which we'll have for dinner tonight and my 1/4" golden zuke is now about 3" so soon we'll have a mini-zuke feast.

Domina - CONGRATULATIONS!!!! SUPER DUPER. GREAT NEWS! YOU DID IT!!!!!

Can't top that great news. Wow.

I think my job interview of last week went nowhere, and may i add i am relieved. I was actually dreading that they might make an offer and aspects of the job gave me a case of agita. On the other hand, can I afford to refuse a job offer? Fortunately, I don't have to worry about it. I've got another interview tomorrow and that one sounds a lot more promising.

Lala, i hope Jacques is feeling better after his bout (he was not feeling so good, right?) Edward is wilting in this heat - but we're suckers for a kittycat - we leave the AC on for him during the day. He's the precious bundle of fur!

Everyone else - hello!!!!!

L>
Old 07-23-2002, 08:26 AM   #5  

Height: 5'7"

Good morning everyone! I updated my photo (taken on my 40 B-day 6/24) and it kind of shows my new hairstyle. I just had it done again this past week and we've tucked the strands on my sides behind my ears. I'm really liking my new hair stylist

Lala: Thanks for getting the thread up and running this week! Hopefully the car is okay for a while. My brother-in-law was able to fix the muffler for me which saved me $$$. I'm hoping that's the end of the car troubles as well!

Yesterday was miserably hot--we broke our record of 92 and we had a record for a "high" low of 76...ugh! This is not my kind of weather at all. The air was even hot! Today it's dreary and trying to rain--we could use a good soaking but so far it's been hit and miss. The temps are supposed to cool down tonight (61) and tomorrow the high is only 74! Woohoo! We have finished up our summer orientation programs and it feels so good. I'm working on getting my reports done and the information sent out to the students who did not attend one of our summer programs before I leave on Friday for a week's vacation...I'm so excited!

Myra: I hope you're feeling better...it has to be a challenge trying to keep things straight with your hypoglycemia and eating vegetarian...you'll get things back on track.

Domina: Congratulations on achieving Lifetime status! It's a great feeling! It sounds like you made the best choices you could being out of town. The hard part about maintenance/Lifetime for me is watching the scale fluctuate...once you get used to that it's not too bad. I still get frustrated at times when the scale goes up but I know in my mind I'm not going to gain all the weight I lost in one week.

Laurel: I can totally relate on the job prospect...hopefully you'll find something that will better fit you. It's been my conviction that if the job is meant for you that you'll feel good about it; if you have doubts then it's better that you don't go for it.

Gotta get moving here and get these reports done, catch everyone later!

Last edited by MelissaL; 07-23-2002 at 08:37 AM.
Old 07-23-2002, 12:41 PM   #6  

Height: 6'0"

Thanks, Melissa and LM.

Melissa: I love the new hairstyle. It looks great. I'll bet it's easy to take care of too.

It is very hot here, too, but we're still having incredible amounts of rain. A few months ago, we were begging for rain and now we have too much. Such is life.

LM: Good luck in the job hunt. I did that last fall and it isn't fun.
Old 07-23-2002, 01:54 PM   #7  
si, si signora

ditto what domina said. I love your new look melissa!

Congrats Domina. You are lucky to have a husband that
you could do the program with!

Laurel- I understand your job finding woes. I had a very interesting confab with a guy who works for IBM on my flight somewhere recently (I can't remember) who had some good advice about what managers are looking for.

Myra- Oh dear. Is there anyway you can do a buyer's contract?

Okay, cooler by 4 degrees here today. We don't have AC, so for the first time in a looong time we put up our window barriers (leaving a little open for Mr. Jacques to look out) and boy did that make a difference. I still slept in the basement where it was delightfully cool. I hope my zuke fest continues in this heat.

lala
Old 07-23-2002, 07:49 PM   #8  
Lifetimer

Truthfully I wouldn't want to buy this house. It would require too much work. It is OK as a rental house, but ....

We've been looking at other rentals near here. Hopefully we will find something soon. I just wish we could do this on our own timeframe.
Old 07-24-2002, 10:54 AM   #9  

I'm heading out of town on business til Friday but wanted to pop in briefly to say hello.

Melissa: Your hair looks great. Is it easy to style yourself? That's always my number one concern with any new "do" cause I'm pretty much helpless when it comes to hair - wash, blow dry and go is my motto.

Myra: Moving is always such a hassle. Hope nothing happens til you're ready to deal with it.

lala: My DH slept in the basement last nite but it had nothing to do with the heat Little tiff - it will pass, but I dislike having to leave town with it hanging in the air...

Laurel: Good luck with the interview.

Domina: A great big congratulations to you. You have certainly done well during maintenance. And imagine your husband now having to gain weight. Now that's a good position to find yourself in.

Work has been hectic as I try to wrap up loose ends before vacation. It starts Aug. 1st, and need I mention how much I'm savouring the thought of a break? Can't come fast enough.

Back to running on a more regular basis, and have been more in control food-wise although there's room for improvement. Can't believe it's already nearing the end of the month and time for another weigh-in.

I'll check in Friday.
Old 07-24-2002, 12:05 PM   #10  
Lifetimer

Couldn't make my meeting today but according to my home scale I lost about a lb. which I'm very happy about. That means I made up for the half a lb. I gained last week and lost another half lb. Considering everything I'm going through, that is very good news.
Old 07-24-2002, 01:19 PM   #11  
si, si signora

Hi everyone.
It is blessedly at least another 5 degrees cooler for us. DP made mr. jacques evening more pleasant by providing him with a bowl of ice cubes to lick. It was quite amusing. The cat, she looked at her ice cube and walked away. She is much more fussy.

myra- Good luck with the house hunting. I think sometimes you can get the best rental deals through word of mouth. We ended up with some awesome renters next door to us because of it. How is your six meals a day working?

susan- I hope things patch up soon. The cat was delivered to me at 1:30 am by DP. She was tired of hearing her caterwauling. I'm glad you are in the running groove again. Are you guys going somewhere fun for a vacation?

Hi everyone else .

Nothing interesting going on here. I am meeting someone who is going to give me an estimate for pullout shelves for two of my cabinets in the kitchen. I hope its under say, 300 bucks. My big treat to myself.

Have a great humpday.

lala
Old 07-24-2002, 01:40 PM   #12  
Lifetimer

It is real hard to keep to a max of 23 pts. eating six times a day and having protein with each meal but I'm trying my best. I've gone over the past few days but just by a few points which hopefully will be taken care by my exercise. Right now I have to control my hg first before anything else. It would help if I wasn't so stressed out.
Old 07-24-2002, 03:18 PM   #13  

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone! Only 2 more days of work to go and then I'm off on vacation...I've plowed through a good sized stack of reports that I needed to update. I still have 2 more to go but I'm going to push it off until tomorrow.

Seasaw: My hair is very easy to style--wash, gel, blow dry and go. I don't need to use the curling iron at all.

Myra: Good going on the loss!

Lala: It's really cool here today...only 72 (20 degrees different than Monday)...no complaints here. Tonight will be great sleeping weather with the temps dipping down to the high 50's low 60's. We have pull outs in our kitchen and they're great.

Well I'm off to get some other thing wrapped up here. I'll check in again before I leave on Friday and then I'll be gone until the 5th.
Old 07-25-2002, 02:08 PM   #14  
LM

Hi everyone.

Interview: Well, I gabbed away. I'm not shy, that's for sure. But who knows what they're looking for. I'm not very corporate, i don't speak corporate-ese, never have, never will. Either recognize my excellence or potential for excellence, or not. That's my position. Have I won the lottery yet?

Anyhoo....

oh yes, Mr. Eddie was very frisky this morning. Alot of mrow-mrowing and thumping around (for an old guy) - because of the lovely cool weather. Of course, I'm stuck in the darn AC in the darn office, so it might as well be 105.

Hope everyone is having a good day.
Old 07-25-2002, 02:45 PM   #15  
si, si signora

hellooo.

I woke to fog and blessedly cooler weather too. Mr. Jacques was quite happy to go for his constitutional and then off to the groomers. That should make for a tired dog tonight.

Ah, other than a few excessive bags of teddy grahams (never again), I'm feeling pretty much back on track. Of course, overhearing some exceedingly fit tanned woman at the gym talking about her 8 mile hilly run almost did me in today.

Laurel- I understand the lack of fluency in corporatese. I can't say I speak it either, just grantese and meetingese. Have you ever heard of buLLs**t bingo? that is my favorite thing to play at meetings. If you haven't we can take this "off-line" I'll get you the url.

Melissa- I hope you have a fun vacation!

Nothing doing here. Thinking of hitting the upholsterers after work and dropping off some cushions to be done and the farmer's market for some pie cherries. I'm going to try and make my mother's famous cherry cordial. Funny thing since my parents nor I really drink.

Everyone, have a outstanding thursday. I'm gonna.

lala
Closed Thread