UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 09-08-2009, 01:25 PM   #1  
touchmytoes

Default another year older but not so wiser?!

Husbands....
I always try and put a lot effort into birthdays, having no kids of our own yet xmas and birthdays can seem a little sad so i always try and sort something
- his more than anyones i guess with lots of pressies and a suprise night out or something to make it a good birthday bash anyway.
Last year he wasnt here to celebrate it with me, he was away with work, and it was hard as another year older,you try and do things with your mates but its the one you love that you really want.

Anyway, about 6 weeks ago he sprung on me that he was going away with his brother for his brothers birthday, he was planning on paying for it out of some savings that we had and because (now this is a real winner!) he contributed to them before we got married (!) they were technically his to do what he wanted with them! (i ranted on this for the simple fact that my money his money, and i thought that it worked both ways!!) anyway..he apologised for this and explained that he thought it the best way to pay for it.

At the same point he asked what i had in mind for my birthday, i asked him to suprise me and perhaps look into taking me somewhere for a spoiling, hotel or something.

Last night he then starts asking where i want to go, now up until this point i was under the impression that something was already booked as he had been asking questions and my mum was acting suspicious etc...i just smiled and said that im sure he has something up his sleeve...well as it turns out today he admits that he doesnt, when i asked him about a hotel etc or a night out, he said that he wasnt a mind reader and thats why he was asking me last night! when i turned my nose up at a restaurant (i dont eat indian food he knows that ) he thought i was being spoilt and he got angry!!

we went away recently and he bought me a present (an expensive one) and said that he felt that that was enough and that i need to stop acting to spoilt...when in reality i had then asked me what i wanted to do and so i told him thinking that it was already on the cards given the conversation we had a few weeks ago!!

i think whats hurt me more than anyting, is that when it was his brothers birthday bash he was straight on the internet booking hotels, looking for the best places to go etc, arranging deposits and all that stuff..when it comes to mine, he just doesnt seem to want to bother...im gutted,its not so much about the birthday (im not that superficial) its just kind of shows a lack of effort that hurts my feelings alot..its as if im being taken for granted...dishes ,washing, cleaning, dog walking..you name it i do it..and then i get called spoilt!

honestly ladies, im not ranting cus i want to go out or anything, i just feel confused as to how this is now all my fault and that 'if we stay in on saturday it was my own doing!!'
Old 09-08-2009, 02:25 PM   #2  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Next time JUST TELL HIM what you want- seriously it saves the headache AND he can still plan to some extent. If you say you want a romantic weekend just the two of you that would at least give him a starting point.

I used to get annoyed when my hubby would give me things I didn't want- so now I just tell him what I want- problem solved.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 03:20 PM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerab View Post
I used to get annoyed when my hubby would give me things I didn't want- so now I just tell him what I want- problem solved.

LOL!! I was just going to say the same thing! Best piece of marriage advice my mom ever gave me was that "Men are not very good detectives!" They are not very good mind readers either.

If he doesn't do it... then YOU do it. Go out to the spa, grab a drink for yourself, or get that present you wanted. Heck lady, it's your birthday.
kaybelle9 is offline   Reply With Quote