Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-02-2009, 01:22 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/154

Default To scale or not to scale

My good old trusty scales have finally packed in on weight in day. So this means I need to go buy new ones, BUT

I have some worries that my old scales mayhave somehow been wrong, and i'll step on the new ones and discover I am a whole stone or 2 heavier.

This has lead me to believe I am far too focused on scales, I know I have lost weight, my clothes are looser, my skin is brighter etc so was wondering if there was anyone out there who didn't weight themselves or decided too break the addiction they had to the scales?
KboP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 01:30 PM   #2  
Move It To Lose It

S/C/G: 286/281/180

Height: 5'8"

I only use one scale, if I use more then one, I will never get an accurate weight reading. I would suggest you get a new scale and just stick with what that one reads.
loseitforgoodnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 01:37 PM   #3  
Rawr!

S/C/G: 210/122.2/130

Height: 5'2"-5'3"

I can get obsessed with the scale so I force myself to only weigh once a week. The same day and time every week and no more! It's to easy to get discouraged when our body has a natural weight fluctuation and we think we've lost more then we have only to weigh again the next day and see it's gone up or vice versa. Once a week has been working out great for me.
MeowMix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 01:53 PM   #4  
Age 53

S/C/G: 265/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

I weigh in once a month and when I started this plan I didn't weigh in at all for the first 11 weeks because I knew that I can't "win" when it comes to scale. If it's a number better than expected, I tended to slack off. And if it's worse than expected, then I tended to think "what's the use"?

My September weigh in is in 3 days and I'm already stressing about it, but want to see the number. It seems to me by other measures that the weight loss has slowed so really going to not let the number get to me either way, at least I hope it doesn't.
caryesings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 02:07 PM   #5  
ladypeanutj

S/C/G: 273/211/140

Height: 5'2"

I am obsessed with my scale. I weigh myself almost every morning. On the contrary to most people though it helps me. If I weigh more it causes me to be more focused. If I weigh less it helps me feel motivated to keep going.

The other thing is that even though it fluctuates due to water, etc. it still feels good to see a number on there that you have not seen in a VERY VERY long time. I am rarely discouraged by my scale though more by how I feel. For instance if I don't pay attention and overeat then feel miserable because I am so overstuffed that is much more discouraging to me than bouncing around within the same 5 pounds or so.

I do take a diuretic for my blood pressure though so I do not get a lot of water weight fluctuation.
ladypeanutj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 02:27 PM   #6  
Believe!

S/C/G: 231/201/131

Height: 5'2"

Talking Said Bye Bye to the Scale!

And it was Haaaaarrrrrddd! I still will use it once a month, just to see what weight is....but ya, no scale for this chikadee.
Ryanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 02:43 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

without a scale, I would get huge. I need the accountability..and the ability to use and see results from a non-subjective and convenient tool to monitor my progress...

Last edited by jendiet; 09-02-2009 at 02:43 PM.
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote