Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-30-2009, 06:03 PM   #1  
Everyday is a New Day

S/C/G: 327/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Unhappy scale problem. make up your mind!

This is sort of hard to explain but hopefully someone will be able to help.

Every Monday I weigh myself. First thing in the morning, in my bathroom. Same place as always. I'm not sure whether to trust my scale anymore...

If I step on the scale with my right foot first, lets say it shows up as 314.

If I step off and then step back on the scale with my left foot first, it's ALWAYS more. Lets say it shows up as 315.5

WHY?!?! It's driving me crazy! I weigh myself in the same place and everything. I have another scale (is that obsessive?) and it always weighs me less than this scale. Though I can stand properly on that one. I don't know which to trust!

The problem scale is a bit small, so it's hard for me to stand with both feet together. I don't know if that makes sense but it's hard to stand on. Could that be it? Which scale should I trust?

Last edited by BelieveInChange; 08-30-2009 at 06:04 PM.
BelieveInChange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 06:05 PM   #2  
a work in progress

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'6 1/2

its probably the fact that you cant stand correctly on it. id use the other. even if its weighing you a few pounds low, you'll still get an accurate measure of losses/gains for the week.
juliastl27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 06:27 PM   #3  
Here we go again...

S/C/G: 176/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"/ 65 in

I'm with Julia. Use the one that allows you to stand comfortably and take an accurate reading. Be consistent with the scale you use. I used to have two scales at my disposal when I lived with my parents and one would weigh me 2lbs less. Well, that one was an analog scale and even after calibrating the needle it would move + or - after weighing so I kept to my own. Less confusion that way.
Sunnigummi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 06:46 PM   #4  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

I agree with the others. I'd use the consistent more comfortable one. If it weighs you 2 pounds less than just drop your starting weight down 2 pounds less. (Or whatever the amount differs) In the long run when you are a slim and sexy 150 pounds, it's not going to matter if you started out at 327 or 325. You'll be too busy shopping to even think about it!

Last edited by Lori Bell; 08-30-2009 at 06:48 PM.
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote