Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-27-2009, 02:19 PM   #1  
To Maintenance-AND BEYOND

S/C/G: 252/ticker/189

Height: 5'2"

Default The Good Bad and Ugly of Getting Used to Healthy Eating

Today my friend called and asked me to come over and help her watch the kids because she felt like her blood pressure spiked and she was fearful of passing out with all the kids there. I dropped everything and just took me and my wallet and keys with me. I wasn't thinking about lunch or anything else.

She ended up being okay, but had ordered a cheese pizza for lunch. I figured it was no big deal because I had barely eaten and I don't eliminate any foods from my diet. I had two slices and was STUFFED. That's the awesome part. I used to be able to do away with half or more of a large pizza and I had two slices of medium.

The big problem was that there were no veggies or fruit available to offset the carb-fat fest that I indulged in, and my body's become accustomed to much more balance (and much less accustomed to carb-fat fests!). So now I just feel gross, bloated, and like if I even sip water I'm going to lose my pizza. I guess that's really the Good, Bad AND Ugly right there.

Ok, time to waddle off to the grocery store. At least I won't be craving food while I'm shopping!
Eumie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 02:36 PM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Oh yes, the "my body isn't used to this!" conundrum...useful for avoiding cravings, not so useful when you're in situations (like this one!) where food can't be your highest priority.

Hope you're feeling better soon!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 02:47 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/155

Height: 5'6

'dieting' means being prepared

next time you'll know to bring something with you?

and i've had the YUK reaction from my body.. My favourite fish and chips

Last edited by Jinksie; 08-27-2009 at 02:47 PM.
Jinksie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 02:51 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 220 (2007) 159 (now)/159/140

Height: 5 feet, 8.5 inches tall

Sometimes these things happen...you've just gotta GO and don't have time to pack a meal option. At least you learned what your body DOESN'T like anymore...I've had a few moments like that myself recently.
MindiV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 03:09 PM   #5  
To Maintenance-AND BEYOND

S/C/G: 252/ticker/189

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandalinn82 View Post
Oh yes, the "my body isn't used to this!" conundrum...useful for avoiding cravings, not so useful when you're in situations (like this one!) where food can't be your highest priority.

Hope you're feeling better soon!
Thanks so much! You're a real inspiration to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinksie View Post
'dieting' means being prepared

next time you'll know to bring something with you?

and i've had the YUK reaction from my body.. My favourite fish and chips
If I have a family member (which this friend is as good as) in distress, dieting becomes secondary to doing what needs to be done. I don't feel guilty that I didn't take the 5 minutes to pack a lunch. I just have to be okay with the repercussions.

I figure being prepared 99 percent of the time works enough for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindiV View Post
Sometimes these things happen...you've just gotta GO and don't have time to pack a meal option. At least you learned what your body DOESN'T like anymore...I've had a few moments like that myself recently.
It's always a good thing in my book to have little reminders that I AM effectively changing my health whether the scale reflects that or not! Good luck to you!
Eumie is offline   Reply With Quote