Old 08-24-2009, 02:03 PM   #1  
Finally Losing Myself

S/C/G: SW 278/ CW see ticker/ GW 150

Height: 5'5

Smile Your "go-to" lunch ideas?

What is your usual ,easy, filling lunch favorite? I am at home usually for lunch and I need some new ideas. I try to stay away from Lean Cuisines (frozen meals) due to the high sodium same for having soup often.

Love to read what you are having.
Nikki6kidsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 02:06 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/120

Height: 5'3"

I have those little fat free tuna salad packages that come with crackers and a little spoon. Also they have chicken salad packages. Those are convenient. Otherwise I run into the market and grab a cooked chicken breast from the deli and a small salad.
happeningf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 02:23 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 265/132/150

Height: 5'5"

I like wraps. I use either light flat out wraps (90 cal.) or la tortilla factory whole wheat tortillas (80 cal). I add chicken strips, spinach leaves, one sliced artichoke heart, laughing cow wedge, a little avocado and some light dressing. Really good and filling.
H8cake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 03:38 PM   #4  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

I'm a fan of left-overs as my lunch; If I forget or don't have enough, I have 'emergency' tins of soup (low sodium of course!) and some cream cheese and crakcers or 1/2 a toasted bagel. Otherwise, I make a sammich, i love sliced turkey (i roast a turkey breast and slice it up & freeze it, all this talk about processed deli meats going to kill us all makes me queasy LOL) with tons of veg in it. These days with my crazy garden, some toasty grainey bread with heaps of fresh sliced tomatoes and cukes, some arrugula and whatever else i can lay my hands on
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 03:46 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

I eat salads for lunch nearly everyday. They aren't boring salads, I have a 4-5 delicious salads I rotate through.

I make 5 salads on Monday morning and eat them for lunch at work. It's easier/cheaper for me to make them all at once. For example, if I'm making asian chicken salad, I can buy 1 can of mandarin oranges and spread it among the salads. I buy frozen roasted corn and shelled edamame from Trader Joe's and leave it in the freezer. I defrost just what I need.

Here are my favorites:

The Classic
Baby spinach leaves
Grilled chicken breast
¼ cup dried cranberries
¼ cup nuts (pepitas or almonds, usually)
Grape tomatoes
Carrot shreddies
Red pepper chunks
Red onion
Gingerly Vinaigrette dressing

Asian (this also makes an amazing wrap)
Crisp romaine
Grilled chicken breast (shrimp is also good)
Mandarin oranges
Sliced, water chestnuts
Edamame
Broccoli slaw
Small handful of cashew bits/pieces
Trader Joe’s Spicy Asian Vinaigrette
Crunchy salad wonton toppers (just a few, for crunch)

BBQ Chicken
Spinach
Roasted corn
A few black beans
Chopped roma tomato
Red onion
Carrot shreddies
Shredded purple cabbage
Chopped avocado (how much – if any – depending on calories for the day)
Grilled chicken (heated in the oven with Amy’s organic bbq sauce as the dressing)
Sprinkle of low fat cheddar
Black olives

Mediterranean
Crisp romaine
Broccoli slaw
Red onion
Sliced kalamata olive
Pepperocini
Carrot shreddies
Chopped roma tomato
Heated, crumbled spicy veggie burger
Trader Joe’s tzaziki (1/4 of container) for dressing (because I only get 4 servings out of the dressing, I usually make this for a week where I know I only need 4 salads, like there's a work lunch event)

Taco
leftover spicy ground turkey (from when I make tacos)
Romaine
Roasted corn
Chopped roma tomato
Red onion
Carrot shreddies
Sprinkle of low fat cheddar
Black olives
Green salsa for dressing
A few crispy tortilla strips for crunch

Last edited by Glory87; 08-24-2009 at 03:48 PM.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 03:57 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 298/298/150

Height: 5ft 7

i use leftovers. i make extra for dinner and have a smaller version of that for lunch. last night we had succotash with rice, so i had a mini portion of that for lunch today.

if its something that wont keep i'll have a sandwich and the ww zero point soup that i always keep in my freezer!
Bonnie+J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 04:09 PM   #7  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

Yesterday I had wheat pasta with zucchini, crushed red pepper, basil, garlic salt and mozzarella cheese.

today I had a whole wheat pita pizza

sometimes I keep bulk beans and rice cooked, and just add some (Chicken for bf) or seitan for myself nad make naked bbq burritos.

I also like to make bbq tofu sandwiches for lunch sometimes.
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 04:12 PM   #8  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Today I had a tuna sandwich and a unsweetened applesauce cup. For the tuna sandwich I used two slices of orrowheat bread (100 cals a slice) 1/2 can tuna (60 cals) one green onion, mustard, lemon pepper season and two laughing cow wedges spread on either side of bread. SO FREAKING GOOD.

I often have a small can of seasoned tuna (lemon pepper etc) over a salad. Or tuna over top of brown rice and add in some veggies. Cup of chicken breast with salad or brown rice/veg mix.

I also like eggs in pita's, veggie and cheese pita's with nutritional yeast. Homemade soup is the best for lunch with a slice of bread.

I sometimes like cereal, fruit and yogurt for lunch all mixed together as well
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 07:53 AM   #9  
Slow and Steady

Height: 5' 9"

I try and have a big lunch because I eat at 11:30am & then work out after work at around 3:30pm. So I am a huge brown rice fan since it keeps me full until after the gym. I make a bunch during the week, and then every day I'll have about 6oz & add different things to it to switch it up. Like asparagus, zucchini & tomatoes w/3oz of chicken breast. Or 99% lean turkey taco meat & cheese & refried beans.

Ugh, it's only 8:00am, and I'm hungry for lunch already!
AbbySinthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 08:19 AM   #10  
Shrinkin' Salsa :P

S/C/G: 127/122/72 (kg)

Height: 5'9"

I'm trying to be better about eating regular meals So today - 2 ciabattinas, one with ham and chicken slices, the other with the last pieces of brie. Then yoghurt drink and plenty of water.
salsa chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 08:40 AM   #11  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Most days I eat a ginormous salad for lunch. I eat it out of a serving bowl. And like Glory,it's no boring salad. I use many of the ingredients that she listed. Lately, I've been adding a diced peach and some blueberries to the mix. Gosh, I'm gonna miss those when summer's gone...

For a long time I was on a huge Morning Star Farms Chick Pattie kick. I ate it with an enormous amount of cauliflower. The Spicy Bean Burger is also good.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 08:46 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

I love something hot that fills me up, so I like miso soup for lunch.

One quart of vegetable broth
One package of super firm cubed tofu
scallions sauteed in PAM
1 TBS red Miso paste

That makes about 3 servings and is delicious and filling.
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 09:14 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 252/210/145

Height: 5' 4"

I like a big salad for lunch in the summer with lots of veggies - always tomatoes from my garden and then whatever else is in the fridge. Almonds or sunflower seeds for crunch and protein. Once it gets cold I make "soup of the week" and that's what I eat everyday for lunch. DH thinks I should make a bunch of kinds and freeze them so I can have a different kind each week, but I don't mind eating the same kind everyday.
traci in training is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 10:36 AM   #14  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

I usually make a sliced turkey sammich with mustard on reduced cal high fiber whole wheat bread, sometimes I add lettuce and tomato. I also have a BIG salad with LOTS of carrots, tomatoes, greens (including spinach), kidney beans, chickpeas, tuna, and FF ranch dressing. Yummm! That holds me over through the afternoon, and if it doesn't I eat a dill pickle. And I have 6 oz. of FF, SF yogurt for dessert/afternoon snack.
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 10:45 AM   #15  
Loving life!!

S/C/G: 360/159/145

Height: 5' 8"

lately it's been a spinach & eggbeater omelet I love those things!

My other easy one is a wrap made from flat out bread, a wedge of laughing cow cheese, deli fresh sliced black forest ham, and lots of fresh veggies....very yummy and filling!
TJFitnessDiva is offline   Reply With Quote