South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 08-24-2009, 05:37 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default Monday Morning Wake Up Call

Good Morning

Yes, it's Monday again. The weekend was great and now it's time to get back into the swing of things. The coffee is almost ready and I'm sooo looking forward to that first cup. Tea water is hot, too. I'm going to sit outside with Lexxiss and listen to the sounds of the morning. Not much to see here, yet. We had a nice rain last evening so it might be a bit cool but I think the day will prove to be quite warm.

We've committed to taking the dogs for a walk every morning so we'll head out early then be off to the pool. Lots of paperwork today and Kirks DD shows up later. Ahhh...the pug...poor kitty.

What's up in your part of the world today?
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 05:47 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Monday Musings

Good morning!

It's going to be a beautiful next couple of days here, and I'm going to be at the Jersey shore for a few days with the girls. We're leaving right after the rush hour traffic has eased up, and should be playing in the surf by noon. We'll be back tomorrow evening, as the girls have their Sneak-a-Peek at school on Wednesday.

Chelby, I just read your post from last night, and I hope everyone is OK! That's such tragic news, and my prayers go out to your family.

ETA:

Good morning, Debbie! You beat me to it this morning!

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 08-24-2009 at 05:52 AM.
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 05:58 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning We are heading out to look for morning moose, so just a quick stop in for me.

Debbie - Enjoy your morning walk

cottage - have fun at the shore! What a fun end to summer vacation

Chelby - Hope they are all okay. How scary.

Okay, no chit chat now. Moose wait for no one
CyndiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 06:02 AM   #4  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Very quick good morning before I head out. It is actually a tiny bit cool here this morning! Good for the spirit!

Hope everyone has a great day. I got a week's worth of reading/grammar/writing power points done yesterday and am ready to tackle the week! Open house tomorrow night, so tommorrow will be a LONG day...
Last year I spent hours making a slide presentation that would be continually rolling over on the smart board to show parents what our days at school consist of...
3 parents showed up. Not going through all that this year. Will put up a reading lesson power point and that's about it.

Last edited by femmecreole; 08-24-2009 at 06:04 AM.
femmecreole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 06:39 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 242/see tracker/150

Height: 5'4"

Blah, help. I'm one week into Phase 1, and between today and yesterday I gained two pounds? Which means I was down 4 pounds, but now am officially down 2. For the whole week.

On the plus side, I went to a berry farm with my husband and son yesterday and not only did I not eat any blueberries, but I also managed to ignore the pastries they sell in their restaurant. While my son had a cookie I had black coffee. And I wasn't actually all that drawn to the pastries, I didn't feel that strong pull of a craving.

On the negative side, since day 4 or so I've felt intensely tired every afternoon and very hungry. I'm supposed to eat until I'm satisfied and that has meant a lot of meat, eggs, low-fat cheese, beans and veggies. What's worse, I made that black bean brownie thing yesterday and ate about half of the tray. I just woke up and I'm feeling quite hungry already.

Am I doing this wrong? Do people ignore the "satisfied" part and just go around hungry? I feel very frustrated because I've been careful. And I know it might be salt or something, but...how to put this delicately...I know I lost a lot of water weight during the night. ;-)

We have lots of fresh garden tomatoes, but I've been careful not to overdo them. Can artificial sweeteners do things to your blood sugar? Not wanting cookies is nice, but I'm still feeling sugar-crashy in the afternoons.

Sorry to dump like this, but this was supposed to be my triumphant one-week weigh in!

Deana
DaisyDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 07:00 AM   #6  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

WOW you guys get up early!

Jeff says it looks like his brother and family lost most of their home. Both vehicles are destroyed. Maybe the bedroom end of the house is still standing, but it will have major smoke and water damage. They got out of the house in their pajamas and underwear, and that's all. I can dress the two little ones, if Maggies doesn't mind under-roos and dinosaur shirts for the day. I'll do the best I can for my SIL and 14 year old niece who are much taller and thinner than I am. Jeff can get in his 'thin' stash and dress his brother.

I'm going to take off today and be the 'beck and call girl'. I can shop or take care of children while they take care of business. Where would you even start? BIL/SIL's glasses are in the house. Their purse/wallet with money and credit cards are in the house. They don't have anything material. I'm so sad for them. Jeff said that Shepard (6) cried all the way home because his goldfish was in the kitchen.

I guess today they'll try to figure out where the fire started. It seems to have started in the carport, but that really doesn't make sense. I'm sure they'll figure it out. Jeff said flames shot 60 feet in the air.

Anyway, I hope everyone has a great day. In light of the events, I think I'm going to take this Monday to be thankful for what I have, because it can be taken away in an instant.

Love you all!
Chelby29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 07:06 AM   #7  

We're glad to see you posting here, Deana. It sounds like you are experiencing what we fondly refer to as The SouthBeach Flu. Make sure you get your full allotment of dairy and legumes every day, and that will help alleviate your symptoms. You should start feeling better in a day or so, and the legumes will also help you feel full. Are you making sure you're eating plenty of vegetables every day, too, and drinking plenty of water? Your weight will fluctuate up and down daily, and it's due to all kinds of things happening in your body. Many of us find we get a more accurate reading if we only weigh ourselves one a week. Have you discovered our Phase 1 thread? You may want to check that out, as well. Good luck, and hang in there!

I hope your day goes well, Cat!
Old 08-24-2009, 07:09 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 242/see tracker/150

Silly update. Same scale weighing me two pounds lower now - went to 233 and then back down to 231, and finally rested on 231 (it's a little digital scale, not the highest quality). I'll take it.

Someone tried to send me a message, but I didn't get what was going on and have to get ready for a meeting anyway. Sorry!
DaisyDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 07:10 AM   #9  

Chelby, that's so very, very sad! I know material things can be replaced, but they still must feel sick about losing everything. Thank God they all got out in time and no one was hurt!
Old 08-24-2009, 07:24 AM   #10  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Chelby, you posted after I went to bed last night. So sorry to hear the tragic news. There are certainly things to be thankful for, but a long hard road ahead. Take care of yourself and I know your support for your family will be so comforting.

Daisy, take care and go easy on yourself.

Cottage, have fun at the beach. I always think of sandcastles and boardwalks on the east coast.

Cyndi, if you haven't perfected your moose call perhaps Kirk can help you chum them in.

Cat, it seems like teachers don't even get the weekend off. Your kids are very fortunate to have you as their teacher.
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 07:26 AM   #11  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Aw, Chelby, that's such a disaster! It sounds pretty devastating for everyone. Families really do draw together in these situations - that's what it's all about.

I'm plodding through my Monday, still feeling crappy but life goes on. The wallboard will be arriving this morning and we are having a major building inspection so..... I think I have some Contac-C somewhere and may resort to that to get through the day.

It's very dark and gloomy this morning although the weather person says sunny with cloudy periods. Let's hope he's right for a change - I'd love to get out to the garden to see if any tomatoes are ready and fight the zucchini invasion! I still can't believe what two seeds produced! I think I may have a spaghetti squash ready to pick too!

Enjoy your Monday, whatever it brings.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 09:01 AM   #12  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hey Ladies:
Chelb for you and lots of prayers for your family! The people and the love are what's important right now the other stuff will follow thru

I'm sitting here sipping my DD coffee and eating my Egg/Sausage O'Muffin
I had my protien shake with Crystal Light Sunrise this morning it tasted like a Creamsicle!!! And much faster than my usual caffeine ministrations

I had a scale Victory! As of this am I am 140.6! thats down 5 from last week I've been exercising and cut out all refined carbs bread/cereal pasta rice
I did eat fruit and carby veggies. Carrots in salad that kinda thing
I also have been listening to that Paul McKenna I can make you thin Hypnosis CD It's been helping a lot with feeling good about myself flab and all and not having the intense need to snack.
He has a great line in the cd (and surprisingly I hear different things in it based on the kind of day I had) about Michealangelo when sculpting finding the Angel in the stone.
which translates to losing weight but also finding what you want in life too!
Ok I have to get down to business
hopefully bbiab!
Kierie
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 11:00 AM   #13  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

S/C/G: hw252 csw220/???/160

Height: 5'7.5 ;)

(((chelby))) Keeping your family in my prayers!

I am going super super clean with my diet today. ugh, I think I have been feeling crappy during the day because of eating late as well so that is stopping too! I have a weeks worth of meals planned out and I intend on sticking to them! Other than that nothing new, same old same old laundry and cleaning today. ick.

The weather is beautiful this morning though! in the low 70s but supposed to creep back into the 80s this afternoon... I knew it was too good to last long!
rdw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 03:19 PM   #14  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Thanks for your kind thoughts, everyone. Jeff took some pictures today. I'll post on Facebook later. We are a small community. You wouldn't believe the people who are showing up with clothes, money, offers of food, shelter and transportation. It's really amazing. I told my SIL that she needs to start telling people the kids need clothes in a size or two up. She could be set for years!

Do you remember I posted Friday night about the strange colored sky and lightning storm? The inspector thinks that the house was possibly struck by lightning Friday night and has been smoldering since. Scary!

Anyway, I'm going to take my weary bottom to Jazzercise. It will either make me or break me!
Chelby29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 05:03 PM   #15  

Happy Monday all!
SunshineCA is offline   Reply With Quote