Old 08-21-2009, 02:31 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 315 heighest/Feb09 286/254/150

Height: 5ft 6 inches

Default Ladies (and gentlemen!) Give me strength!!

Arrgghh it's someone's birthday at work today so we're having a lunch party. I'm trying to be good. I really am. Rathan than my usual toast and egg or cereal breakfast I had a large serving of veggies and brown rice to help fill me up. I also brought a bunch of fresh fruit and vegetables for everyone to share. Did pretty well at the meal portion loading up on veggies and the like. Skilled the potato salad, chips, cheese dip etc. Then they brought out the deserts. OMG. Homemade chocolate cake, chocolate walnut fudge cookies,chocolate chip cookies, carrot cake, you name it. Loaded up on fresh fruit, a full size slice of angel food cake with fruit and a little whipped cream, one cookie, 1/2 slice each of carrot and chocolate cake and a cup of unsweetened chai. Now if I can just avoid that side of the room for the rest of the day....

Actually by my estimates I'm still below plan for the day (never mind it's 1:30 here) and I was a couple hundred calories below yesterday and the day before. *takes a deep breath*
Misora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 02:49 PM   #2  
Eyes on the Prize

S/C/G: 350/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

I wrote about this very kind of thing in my blog today... it's like you have a little devil on your shoulder and an angel on the other one! The angel needs to win.. if it's not going to help you get closer to your goal.. you don't need it! If you give in, that temporary good taste will make you feel awful in an hour for having done so.

Try telling yourself you can have some cake tomorrow. When tomorrow gets here, you'll probably be stronger and the craving for it will have passed. It's a mental thing I know.. but then you can tell yourself YES.. I will have some.. TOMORROW.

You can do it!
HotWings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 05:49 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 193/See ticker/148

Height: 5'4"

Today was a birthday for someone I work with--birthday cake. Then it is my daughter's birthday--birthday dinner with special dessert. So why today of all days, after being really conscientious for 6 weeks, did I buy a bar of chocolate candy at the store?

It doesn't make sense. I knew today would be a bad day. I was pretty good at work -- only a very small slice. Yet on the way home I had to stop at the market to get a couple of ingredients for tonight's meal, and at the checkout counter I spotted a particular favorite chocolate bar. I thought "that looks good " and I bought it. On a day when I did not have all these other semi-"mandatory" food events, I would not have done this. Yet today when I already was going over my calorie limit, I could not resist buying that extra piece of candy.

Fortunately, after I got in my car, I thought about how crazy it was, and before I could unwrap the candy, I squashed it good in the wrapper and then when I got home it went right to the trash. Still it just shows how getting off program just a little has the potential to really cause us to lose control.

Last edited by emileigh; 08-24-2009 at 05:50 PM.
emileigh is offline   Reply With Quote