Old 08-20-2009, 01:32 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 275/see ticker!/175

Height: 5'5"

Cool I'm new and ready to be a loser! lol

Hi there! My name is Robyn, and I'm 28 years old. I have 2 children, and work part time.
I am 270lbs, though so many people say I don't look it. I feel 1270, though, most of the time. I just want to lose 100lbs or so, so I can feel comfortable in my own skin again.
I love to cook, I love everything but fish, and I have a small budget. My one staple is soda, which I am going to try desperately to stop drinking.
If anyone would like to trade stories, or has any tips for me, don't hesitate to pm me!!

Thanks and good luck to everyone!!
~R
imaninjadangit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 05:42 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 210/147/130

Height: 5'4

Welcome to 3FC!!! the support here is through the roof good luck and I'm sure you'll do awesome. Also, yeah cutting out soda is going to make a HUGE difference so definitely make sure to do thatt
beautifulmess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 06:29 AM   #3  
banned

S/C/G: 222/136/?

Height: 5'10

Welcome.

First tip, drop the regular soda immediatly. Empty calories? Why drink anything with calories? I was in same boat as you. Switch to diet soda. I personally don't worry about artificial sweetners because there is no actual proof they cause long term problems and even if they do they cause less problems than being overweight from drinking reg. soda.

Second, Cardio exercise. Make cardio exercise part of your life. Don't make excuses like I don't have time or I don't feel like it. Make it the highest priority item of your day. Also don't go to the gym and walk on treadmills or ride the bikes like you are taking a sunday ride through the country. That is one of my biggest pet peeves because you are not actually doing anything the help your diet and stealing a machine from somebody who might really want to use it.

Finally, don't give up anything you love just use portion control and eat smartly. Eat smartly but have the simply pleasures that way you never feel like you are missing out.

I forgot to mention calorie counting is by far the best method to weight lose. Forget those fad diets like atkins or nutrislim.

Last edited by benchmarkman; 08-20-2009 at 06:33 AM.
benchmarkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 09:55 AM   #4  
Rockin Socks since 1984

S/C/G: 205/179/155

Height: 5'3.5

welcome to the family!!! in addition to what you've already heard, the best advice i can give you, is make this forum your homepage and check it daily. the community on here provides so much support and it's so simple to slip away. you'll find some AMAZING friends here who will support you unconditionally, in any aspect of your life. these ladies have gotten me through some pretty ugly times, and support me just as much then as during the best of them. you've totally come to the right place, so, again, welcome
amyleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 02:31 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 223/174/145

Height: 5 ft 5

Welcome!!! This site provides so much support and motivation. I have found that everytime I stop coming to the website is when I get off track. So keep on here with us!! Good luck and congrats on taking the big step to lose the weight!
krock614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 03:08 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 275/see ticker!/175

Height: 5'5"

Thank you so much!
I understand about the treadmill thing. I don't leisurely walk on treadmills, but I don't jog, either. I walk at a speed that's just past my comfort level. I can also walk at work, too.

And I am officially giving up soda today. I don't need it!
imaninjadangit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 05:25 PM   #7  

Height: 5'11

Welcome!! Good luck! Im sure you will be a LOSER soon This site is this best. I dont get alot of time to browse alot but when I do its great information! We can all relate to starting out fresh so look around and jump on the wagon
PammyFl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 08:04 AM   #8  

Height: 5'2

Hi Robyn and

Well the fact that you have joined this forum shows that you are serious about your weight loss....

Firstly you have to see this as a lifestyle change and not a weight loss program...
Secondly remove that soda from your cupboards, it does absolutely nothing for your body and your thirst. Replace this with water so instead of reaching for that soda, drink a glass of water...
Thirdly keep a food diary for about 3 weeks and write down everything you eat even if it is a piece of chocolate, you will be surprised at exactly how much food you are eating daily... Once you know exactly what you are eating, you can start eliminating the unnecessary junk and replacing with healthier options...
Start walking 30 minutes a day....
And lastly, always come to 3FC for motivation, encouragement and support...
size8 is offline   Reply With Quote