General chatter - What about weekends

View Full Version : What about weekends

healthyliving
08-14-2009, 04:12 PM
How do you guys stick to plan during weekends?

I generally give myself one meal off in a week and go out to eat. I then have a nice meal with drinks and dessert :). That way I can satisfy my cravings and have something to look forward to if I stick to my plans.

But since I messed up my diet plan this week, I have to punish myself by not going out this weekend. I would like to cook something interesting yet low calorie this weekend.

So my question is - do you girls cook something nice for yourself on weekends (or on weekdays?) which is healthy and low calorie. If yes, can you share your recipes with us. I personally am okay with cooking something that take extensive preparation and time.

Eumie
08-14-2009, 06:23 PM
Stop punishing yourself!

Haven't we done that to ourselves enough?! :D

I think it's perfectly ok to say that since you went outside your plan during the week, you're not going to on the weekend, but don't make it a punishment!

I cook on the weekends. Fridays are seafood for us and tonight we're having sweet glazed salmon, green beans, and couscous with garbanzo beans and diced tomatoes.

Sunday we're having a fancy schmancy chicken dish cooked in white wine, chicken broth, and dijon mustard all with a nice amount of shallots and shiitake mushrooms. (I don't normally cook so swank-like!)

Other than that, it's pretty much just like the week for me. I tend to eat low calorie lunches and higher calorie dinners. I try to take in as many veggies as I can in a meal. *shrugs* I just don't treat weekends differently than I do the weeks.

shasha17a
08-14-2009, 06:39 PM
I tend to eat out more on weekends than I should. I want to say like 3 times maybe. But I'm trying really hard to start cooking more. The hard part comes when we go out of town and this month there are 3 out of town weekends.

Pita09
08-14-2009, 06:46 PM
Since starting my plan in June, I've struggled with finding a balance with weekends and with eating out. I now treat the weekends just like any other day of the week. I already know what I will eat on those days just like I do during the weekdays.

I was giving myself one free meal out of the house where I could have what ever I wanted. However, my weight-loss is not happening as quickly as I think it should so I've revised that idea. I still eat out once or twice a week, but I research online where and what I will eat. So far so good.

JulieJ08
08-14-2009, 10:24 PM
I also indulge on the weekend. I just find it easy to have a weekday routine that doesn't have indulgences in it. It's like having a container. It makes it fairly easy on me.

But I would quit thinking in terms of punishment. It's just so unpleasant and unnecessary. Life has enough pain in it without creating more for no reason.

Just consider yourself as having had your weekly treat. Stick to one a week (if that's your plan and it works for you). No need to talk of punishment!

SunshineCA
08-15-2009, 04:02 AM
I stay on plan even on the weekends. I consider them just like any other days. I cook but if I do go out, I make sure I dine on something totally legal to my plan. I don't allow cheats because they serve as only triggers for me that I can't successfully bounce back from. I can't afford to be attached to the yo-yo string anymore.

ohiofreespirit
08-16-2009, 03:52 AM
i don't have anymore trouble on the weekends than i do any other time. i look at them as any other day i guess. :)

Lexxiss
08-16-2009, 04:00 AM
I stay on plan even on the weekends. I consider them just like any other days. I cook but if I do go out, I make sure I dine on something totally legal to my plan. I don't allow cheats because they serve as only triggers for me that I can't successfully bounce back from. I can't afford to be attached to the yo-yo string anymore.

I couldn't have said it better, Sunshine. I'm really happy today eating the way I eat any other day. I have things I'd like to do in my life and staying OP is getting me there faster.

SunshineCA
08-16-2009, 04:03 AM
I have things I'd like to do in my life and staying OP is getting me there faster.

I like the way ya think! ;)