South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 07-31-2009, 05:41 PM   #1  

Default shakes and bars on south beach diet

Hope I am posting at the right place
how often can I have low carb shakes, and Low carb bars or south beach bars. I am starting phase 1
Thanks for your help
MarthaJeanne1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 06:15 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Welcome, MarthaJeanne1! If you are planning to follow the SBD, you should know that none of the aforementioned bars or shakes are approved for Phase 1 and are not recommended for Phase 2, either. Before starting this plan, it is very important to read the book first. You must understand the concepts and fundamentals of how this plan works to be successful.
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 06:20 PM   #3  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Martha, welcome and here's a "toast" to your new way of life.

First, have you read the book??..it is VERY important to do so to learn how your body reacts to foods. SB is not a low carb "diet". Phase 1 is to detox your body. Any kind of bars (since they are made with grains) would be a no no for now. And even when you enter phase 2, processed "made in a factory" bars are usually junk in a healthy wrapper. (yeah, even the sb ones as far as I'm concerned!) Make em yourself bars would be a much better choice later on in phase 2.

A nice healty protein shake is pretty good for a snack, but don't use them to replace a meal. No fruit in phase one, so maybe some greek yogurt,ice, a little milk, a really good protein powder, "green" powder, some vanilla or even a little peanut butter would be a good thing to try. You can add fruit ,especially antioxident berries, in phase 2. But the most important thing is to read the book, aim for health and let the weight take care of itself.

Last edited by femmecreole; 07-31-2009 at 06:22 PM.
femmecreole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 07:16 PM   #4  

Thank-you for your help. Am I understanding correctly, that the first number on your profile was your starting weight, the second, your corrent weight, and then the third, your goal weight?
If so...good for you!
MarthaJeanne1 is offline   Reply With Quote