Old 07-31-2009, 07:17 AM   #1  
Slower But Get'n There

S/C/G: 287.6/243.6/199

Height: 5'7"

Default Just For Today Challenge, July 31

Have you been struggling to get on program, no matter which program you are trying to do? Why not sign in here just for today, and come back and show us how you did. Sign up with any goals you want to.

I have been struggling, some days eating as much as 60 points. I found last week when I started this challenge, that even though I still overate, I did much better, knowing I was going to be reporting it here.

Join me if you like. I will probably start this challenge daily for a while. If anyone beats me on here in the mornings, and it hasn't been started, feel free to start it. Believe me, I will follow this challenge no matter who starts it.

This has become a wonderful supportive group! (New thread started every day for a frest start!) Newbies to this thread always welcome!

Let's make this last day of the month really count! (count less, lol)
JazzyPeggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 07:22 AM   #2  
Slower But Get'n There

My goals for today

2 miles walk away the pounds since I couldn't exercise yesterday
3 fruits, really challenging myself
2 veges for lunch
Set goals and action plan for August
Old 07-31-2009, 07:40 AM   #3  
my beautiful mess

S/C/G: 197/179/145 or so

Height: 5'5"

Morning!

Had some cake last night when we went out. And even though I planned to I was mad at myself after. Gotta keep working on that. Am still cracker and cereal free Woohoo. Did not make my water goal.

JP, Small changes right! I think you did great!

Terapet, Did not bring the cake home! That is my usual MO. Mexican again, huh! It is my favorite. Good going with the soup choice.

UN, How is that Callanetics DVD? I have never heard of it.

My goals:
Today it is all about water. Drink more that 48 oz.
eat OP.
eat only when hungry and stop before full.

Happy day to all of you.
Ash
inthemidst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 08:54 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 165/155/140

Well, this is a great one for me today for two reasons, for some reason Friday's are my trigger days and tonight is my little girls b-day party!!

My goals for today:
Get in a run and at least 3 miles
DO NOT BINGE TONIGHT!!!!
ONLY ONE DESSERT AT THE PARTY!!!!
Jokan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 09:29 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 211/181/140

Height: 5'2"

Callanetics - it's old school. Very 80's, almost funny to watch. However the moves are terrific!! It's a combination of yoga/ballet/pilates/stretches that is suppose to firm & tighten. I've heard it compared to T-Tapp. I've never tried T-tapp so I'm not sure what that's like. But when I was researching which one to buy most people liked both however if they had a preference it was for Callanetics.

My goal - since I don't get online over the weekend my goal for today will apply for all weekend. And that is to stay away from the sweets. I'm going to a golf luncheon tomorrow and I'm sure there will be all sorts of goodies. Plus it's always tempting for me to grab something while hanging out at home during the weekends.
UniquelyNormal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 09:31 AM   #6  
my beautiful mess

Welcome Jokan,
Have a great time at your dh's birthday party. How old will she be?
Sounds like great goals today!!

JP: Great goals! What fruits do you eat?

Wishing you all unexpected successes today.
Ash
Old 07-31-2009, 09:34 AM   #7  

Thumbs up Challenge

JazzyPeggy, Sounds good. I so so so understand. I am on a 4 day streak and it feels good. I am hopeful that I will stay consistent. I feel like Oprah---tired of focusing on this so much for so many years. Let's do this together. I am new to this site.

Last edited by kbassimer; 07-31-2009 at 09:35 AM.
kbassimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 10:20 AM   #8  
my beautiful mess

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbassimer View Post
JazzyPeggy, Sounds good. I so so so understand. I am on a 4 day streak and it feels good. I am hopeful that I will stay consistent. I feel like Oprah---tired of focusing on this so much for so many years. Let's do this together. I am new to this site.
kbassimer!!!
Old 07-31-2009, 10:25 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 165/155/140

It's my daugher's 9th b-day and I will be doing all the cooking for it. I started with her surprise cookie cake this morning(splenda, whole wheat flour, light butter) at 5:00. So, I am hoping I will be able to limit my goodies!!!

P.S. I just got my 5 miles in....ran a little over a mile straight(first time ever) and done intervals after
Jokan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 11:55 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 177/157/138

Height: 5'6"

Wow, great run Jokan. That should burn up some calories.

My goal today is to be good!! Last Friday was a total blowout. I think I probably consumed 3000 calories (Southern Buffet for lunch and out to dinner w/friends). Weekends are such a challenge. I need to get over that old McDonalds adage-"You deserve a break today". I guess I will give myself a little break and go for under 2200. That is my maintain number.

Inthemidst-Sorry you felt bad after you ate the cake. Maybe you are more a "stick to your plan" kind of girl and would be happier not indulging. You will defininitely lose faster if you can do that.
TERAPET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 12:18 PM   #11  
a new me

S/C/G: 200/192/145

Height: 5'2"

Just for today... I plan to write out my workout plan for next week. I am also going to get a workout in today, even if it's just 30 minutes.
I didn't post yesteday, but I looked at each meal as a moment in time.Like I had a little slip up cuz I had some running around to do, but instead of eating the whole Chick Fila sandwich, I ate just the bottom bun and meat, and only a handful of fries. I know it's not a huge victory, that would have been choosing a salad instead, but it was a victiry nonetheless. I felt better for it. So at dinner I rebounded. I had salad, beets, sweet potatoe, and talapia. Usually I spend so much time and energy on the end result and how hard it's going to be getting there that I forget that it's really about the choice I make today, at this moment. '
Sorry for rambling.
lovemacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 12:36 PM   #12  
Slower But Get'n There

Welcome Kbassimer and JoKan.

So glad to see the rest of you back again.

Lovemacon, I lost a lot of weight eating exactly like that eleven years ago. Then life came along and I gained it all back by being in a car accident and having a broken leg and arm at the same time. But what I am telling you is eating like that worked for me once.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 07-31-2009, 05:19 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 270/270/154

Height: 5' 9"

Today my goal has been to keep my head above water literally. Went swimming.

Nicki
Nicki54 is offline   Reply With Quote