Old 07-30-2009, 10:41 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 302/287/200

Height: 5'5"

Default Skinny in Heaven?

A friend and I were talking one day and I asked her this question: Do you think when we get to heaven we'll be skinny even if we're fat here on earth? Of course, she said that she never thought about it.
chubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 10:50 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/155/140

Better be or I've been way too nice for way too long!!!
Jokan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 11:00 PM   #3  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

I sure would like to believe that ... of course, this is quite subjective on our part, but maybe we all will have good health and a transformed body that is as perfect as we would like it to be. Wouldn't it be wonderful to be able to design the body of our choice too? It's heaven, after all, so why not?
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 12:23 AM   #4  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

I hope in heaven, unlike here on earth, that it won't matter. That what we look like will be the last thing on our minds (maybe we won't even look "human" anymore at all). I'd like to think that if fat people are thin in heaven, and thin people are fat in heaven, short people are tall in heaven and tall people are short in heaven, that no one would ever even think to make comparisons like they had on earth.

I tend to think of heaven as a place where we might cast aside the human form, because we don't need it anymore. If I get to pick, I think I'd still choose a bit more curvy form. Certainly not my current shape, but I thought I looked pretty darned cute between 170 and 200 lbs, I'd accept that on earth or in heaven.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 07:57 PM   #5  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

I believe the following from our teachings ~

God in Heaven

Q. Will we see all three persons of the Trinity (separately) when we get to heaven? If so, in what form(s)?

A. The Scriptures teach that God "dwells in unapproachable light, whom no one has even seen or can see" (1 Tim. 6:16), but when God reveals Himself to us in heaven we will then see Him "face to face" (1 Cor. 13:12; Matt. 5:8; Psalm 17:15). Probably speaking of the risen and glorified Christ, the apostle John writes, "Beloved, we are God's children now, and what we will be has not yet appeared; but we know that when he appears we will be like him, because we shall see him as he is" (1 John 3:2). What it means that we will see God revealed in His full majesty and being, the Scriptures have not revealed to us. Thus, we are not permitted to say what God--Father, Son, and Holy Spirit--will look like. In fact, we have every reason to believe that human language cannot convey, nor the mind comprehend, such a sublime reality (2 Cor. 12:4). That is to say, while no human being can now see God and live (Ex. 33:20) and while there will come a point when God will reveal Himself to us in the fullness of His unveiled glory in heaven, we must now refrain from speculating about what we do not know and what it means that we, like the angels, will behold the face of the Father (Matt. 18:10).

While this may not fully satisfy human curiosity, there is really nothing more that we can say on the basis of the Scriptures about what Lutheran theologians have in the past called "the beatific vision of God." For this, we wait with eager anticipation.
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 12:39 PM   #6  

I believe that when we get to heaven we are no longer in our earth bodies that failed us, so yes your excess weight will be gone. Your excess weight developed through sin and there is no sin in Heaven. Your gray hair will be gone and good news for bald men, your hair will grow back. I'm not sure what are heavenly bodies will look like though.
hisblueskies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 10:55 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 216/132/120

Height: 5'9

Everyone will be young and beautiful and fit and trim. Because sin causes gluttony, processed unnatural foods, and sedentary laziness.

We will all still look different and therefore you will likely find some people more beautiful/attractive than others. But it won't be a problem because EVERYONE will still be healthy and no one is sinful/selfish by nature, so there's no reason to get jealous.

The way I understand it is you will be yourself in heaven. But you will have the body you were always meant to have if sin hadn't tainted everything. And we can't even begin to imagine what our perfect bodies will look like since we've only ever seen imperfect bodies. The least-attractive perfect body will still look a zillion times more attractive than our most beautiful sinful actress.

Gluttony is a sin. Obesity is a sin. The same as alcohol, smoking, drugs, piercings, tattoos, implants, cosmetic surgery, tanning beds, hair dye, etc. You are destroying the body God gave you instead of taking care of it. But God also knows we aren't perfect and the environment around us certainly isn't perfect, so he's merciful.

**P.S. Don't get me wrong. I have pierced ears and I think stuff like tattoos look cool, but the fact remains that you are altering the body God gave you for "fun". Unless you have a life-threatening condition that needs to be avoided, why are you tearing up your body when you should be treating it well?
Obesity is you altering your body for the "fun of eating crap".
I probably sound like a hippie, but the hippies had it right. We should be trying to live as naturally as possible and stop pouring man-made chemicals all over our skin, hair, and down our throats. The environment would thank us, the animals would thank us, and our own bodies would thank us. And we'd be a lot happier with our own natural forms instead of constantly trying to perform alterations to "look better".
Arwen17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 11:09 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

We will have perfect bodies and perfect health in heaven.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 02:52 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 216/132/120

Height: 5'9

oh and I forgot to mention. We will probably be naked in heaven! XD cause clothing happened because of man's feeling of shame after he sinned.

It makes sense to be naked in a perfect world. In a perfect world, God has provided everything you need at the moment of birth. You don't need protection from the elements if the environment is perfect and your body is perfectly suited to it. You don't have any reason to feel shame or lust if your body and personal conduct are pure.
Arwen17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 08:54 AM   #10  
Jill

S/C/G: 292/250.4/175

Height: 5'6

I think we will have a "perfect body" by God's standards and not ours. The "healthy body", by society's standard. has changed so much over the course of time that who really knows FOR SURE what the "perfect body" is. Of course personal preference plays into this assessment as well.

With all of that being said, I think we will have FAR better things to do than worry about our bodies when we get there. As long as we are here on earth it is nice to dream that we get to choose our perfect body though.

Last edited by Jb1975; 10-30-2014 at 08:55 AM.
Jb1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 02:10 PM   #11  

Can't wait to see my PERFECT body!
CruiseChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 01:35 PM   #12  

Since we leave our earthly bodies behind, I think it won't make one iota of difference in Heaven for we will have more of a spirit form. How would we recognize those who have gone before us who were overweight if we got there and they were thin? I think it falls into the category of how old will we be in Heaven?
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 01:38 PM   #13  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

If physical attraction extends to heaven then we really are screwed and for all eternity.

Looking forward to God telling me "you can't pick your parents".

To which I will humbly reply, "no, I couldn't. But you could."

Last edited by IanG; 02-26-2015 at 01:40 PM.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote