30-Somethings - 30 Something's Daily Chat: Thursday, 7/23

LBH
07-23-2009, 09:51 AM
Mornin'! :coffee2:

UniquelyNormal
07-23-2009, 10:47 AM
Howdy :)

I'm Liz by the way, a newbie. I've been overweight for about 5 years now, really just toying with the idea of weight loss. But now I'm serious. So here I am!

How is everyone this morning?

rileyozzy
07-23-2009, 10:53 AM
Hi Liz and welcome. :welcome2:

I got up this morning and ran a little bit longer than I was suppose to and made my hubby late for work. oops.

The kids are tearing up the house right now and it is actually kind of funny, but I think I'd better go and do some damage control. :)

LBH
07-23-2009, 11:24 AM
:welcome2: Liz!

Riley, Too funny about making DH late! Good for you though!

UniquelyNormal
07-23-2009, 11:26 AM
A good long run is sometimes in order :) Not that I'd know hahaha I'm a dancer, not a runner. I don't think I've ever been able to run to save my life. Good for you!!

Rebound
07-23-2009, 11:46 AM
Hey everyone! I've been super busy and haven't checked in a few days but I'm still here, chugging along!

On Tuesday I went to a small dinner party at a private home. I found it one of the more difficult eating experiences I've had since I started my latest (and last) lifestyle change. I'm fine at home because I'm in control and I have my food scale. I'm okay at a restaurant because I'm comfortable asking for substitutions and picking through the food on my plate.

But at someone's house? Eating food that they have specially prepared for us? I find that a lot more difficult.

rileyozzy
07-23-2009, 12:04 PM
Rebound - I totally understand about going over to someone's house for dinner. I have to eat before I go or I pig out on all of the snacks they set out before dinner and then I still eat the dinner. Though, one of my good friends is doing ww with her husband and so it's fun to go over to their house. I like hanging out with people where the activity doesn't revolve around food. It helps me out.

Wifey
07-23-2009, 01:14 PM
Liz, :welcome3: to our group!

Ladies, I hear everyone on the temptation thing! I succumbed to quite a few bad items lately! ACK! Some of them made me feel a bit sick after I ate them...and I paid for it... :(

I really need to resist the urges!! Has anyone seen my willpower hiding anywhere?? There's a reward for its return! ;)

Rebound - I totally understand where you're coming from...I know my friends are sometimes evil and put things out that are some of my FAV things to eat...most of the time I just try to make sure I sit as far away from the snack/goodie table, as possible!

P.S. I wrote my exam this morning...thank GAWD it's done! I feel okay about it...

Rebound
07-23-2009, 01:21 PM
P.S. I wrote my exam this morning...

I read this line and said to myself, I bet she's Canadian! I really like that turn of phrase.

We have a Canadian grad student here and where we would say something is a "can of worms" he says it's a "kettle of fish."

Then we laugh at him. Americans are such ba$tards!

UniquelyNormal
07-23-2009, 01:25 PM
I really need to resist the urges!! Has anyone seen my willpower hiding anywhere?? There's a reward for its return! ;)

Mine is hiding with yours I think. I just got back from lunch at Wendy's complete with a frosty ice cream. UGH I don't feel so good. :(

Wifey
07-23-2009, 01:29 PM
I read this line and said to myself, I bet she's Canadian! I really like that turn of phrase.

We have a Canadian grad student here and where we would say something is a "can of worms" he says it's a "kettle of fish."

Then we laugh at him. Americans are such ba$tards!

:lol3::lol3::lol3::lol3::lol3::lol3::lol3::lol3:

Hilarious! Yep...Canadian all the way baby! hahaha

:wave:

Wifey
07-23-2009, 01:31 PM
Mine is hiding with yours I think. I just got back from lunch at Wendy's complete with a frosty ice cream. UGH I don't feel so good. :(

I feel ya Liz, I had chinese for lunch today... :(

I'm sure someone will find them for us and return them safely! ;)

laurie2275
07-23-2009, 04:21 PM
HI ALL! Just wanted to check in. I know its been awhile! I am still doing great! Still on plan (with minor setbacks) and still exercising like a demon! I have been running and walking a lot cuz I am in FL for the month on vacation. It has been lots of fun but I think I may be getting a bit too much sun!

How is everyone????

Anyway, just checking in....I may not be able to be back until I get back from FL. We are headin home a week from tomorrow!

Lissus
07-23-2009, 04:54 PM
Just wanted to pop in and say hello.
I've been lurking on the boards for a few, popping in and out of threads, and wanted to say my hello's to you all