Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2002, 11:26 AM   #1  
Losin It For GOOD!

Default QOD 7/2 Tips and Tools of the Trade

Ok, so what are some things you guys use to help you out with staying on your specific program??
Old 07-02-2002, 11:33 AM   #2  
Losin It For GOOD!

#1 I try to carry ICBINBS and my fat free salad dressing with me EVERYWHERE!

#2 I bought this AWESOME salad shaker thing at Christmas tree shops. The lid of it has a sealed compartment for the salad dressing, so no soggy salad! You just "push" on the top, which pops open the salad dressing compartment, shake, and eat. YUMMY!

#3 I have a gazillion different water containers so I never get bored.

#4 I bought the WW pedometer so I can keep track of how far I am walking.

#5 I collect casserole type recipies that I can put in gladware and freeze/refridgerate for easy lunches

#6 Broccoli, ICBINBS, and Molly McButter garlic flavored butter sprinkles. YUM! (You need the butter spray to help the sprinkles stick to the broccoli)

#7 Pre mixed salad - dump and go! I put the remainder in those new Fresh Protect bags- they really work!

#8 My Pur Water filtration pitcher.. I swear it makes the water taste better!

#9 a Dog - in theory should give me more motivation to WALK!

#10 Store bought frozen french fries - cook them in the oven, satisfy the cravings without anywhere NEAR the fat. Yay!

#11 A CD Burner and a portable joggable CD Player - make my own workout mixes!

Last edited by BA99TJ; 07-02-2002 at 11:36 AM.
Old 07-02-2002, 12:33 PM   #3  

I eat the same thing for breakfast every day - 1 cup cereal, 1 serving fruit, 1 cup fruit juice, 1/2 cup milk, 1 large glass of water, 1 centrum performance vitamin- any cereal with only 110 calories/10 from fat, and reasonably low sugar. The routine gets me off on the right foot every day, and it's easy to keep up out of town. I'm a cereal lover from wayyyyy back, and there are dozens of varieties that fall in within my calorie allotment.

Knowing I started right makes it easier for me to keep a positive attitude the rest of the day.
Old 07-02-2002, 03:50 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 325 / see ticker / 150

Height: 5'4"

To help me get in my water I have this one huge mug(it's one of those thermal ones with a lid) that holds 1.3L, and I put 8 icecubes in it and fill it the rest of the way with water....by the time I get closer to the end the ice will have melted and I have cold water the whole time I am drinking it. I can get in one a day for sure and with the hot humid weather I can get in at least 2 of them, however yesterday I got in 3 of them...That is amazing for me and I was so very proud of myself.
Old 07-03-2002, 02:07 PM   #5  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

Journal Journal Journal!! no matter how much you ate! write it down and move on

natural ovens breads - there is no way I could do this diet without these products - they are made right here in Wisconsin

add veggies to your sandwich - I add onions, cucumbers and lettuce.
Skip the butter and cheese - you won't miss it!

egg whites - low in points/calories - add some veggies

sounds strange - but - if you have a real strong craving (not boredom) give in to it. If you don't you might binge. Control the portion size and enjoy! I have this incrediable craving for licroce one day. I went to the gas station and got a single serving amount. (I used to eat a whole bag!) I have not had any since.

When all else fails - do what I do when I get the munchies.. take a nap! LOL

take up a new hobby. we keep saying this is a lifestyle change. Well...
I started rubberstamping.
Old 07-03-2002, 07:41 PM   #6  
Old Cackler

my strategy: planning ahead, and that means i carry food.

there's always a premade protein shake in the refrigerator at work. i pack 'breakfast' [often a deviled egg, but sometimes two thin slices of deli turkey with 1 slice thinly sliced cheese], 'lunch' [about 2-3 oz of protein, and about 1/4-1/2 cup of raw vegs/salad or 3 large lettuce leaves],

and then some thinly sliced cheese in case i toss the lunch. it happens. and a bag of dr soy nuts for those blood sugar drops.

water. always, and everywhere, and jerky for those tough times.
Old 07-03-2002, 09:58 PM   #7  

I haven' needed this lately but I found it really helpful when I first started and probably will again. When I REALLY feel those munchies and have a feeling nothing on plan is going to really do it, I nibble on a Slimfast bar. The MEAL (220 CALORIES), not the snacks. It satisfies a "dessert" craving and I'm really then way too full to look for anything else.

I know it's a lot of calories but sometimes I only need part of it. And if I don't do that, I may keep eating "ok" things but will add up to more calories than that because I won't satisfy that chewy goodie need. My favorite of these is the Oatmeal spice type because they remind me of a spice cake. I also like the chocolate peanut and apple ones. I'm not a chocoholic but some of the ch. type might remind of a candy bar.

I occasionally use them as a meal when I'm on the run but their biggest help to me has been to save me from a real binge (and then regrets and recriminations).
Closed Thread